• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2017 General Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;xHht8480cEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHht8480cEo[/video]
Wolfenstein II: a game that's either set in a world where Germany WW2 or about 3 years into the Trump presidency. Hard to tell the difference.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Bethesda had a great conference. Showed updates to old content, incredible looking new games, had an amazing and tight presentation, and a great speaker. Easily the best conference so far. Stoked for tomorrow.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;bosJiNF-oMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosJiNF-oMM[/video]

Pretty sure people have had the Master Sword in Skyrim for years now.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Bethesda had a great conference. Showed updates to old content, incredible looking new games, had an amazing and tight presentation, and a great speaker. Easily the best conference so far. Stoked for tomorrow.
kinda lacking in new ips tho

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
kinda lacking in new ips tho

Agreed, and I think that might be their weak point, but Bethesda isn't quite the publisher that Microsoft, Sony, EA, or Ubi are. I felt that the conference didn't waste any of my time, and the games that were shown looked awesome.

Something super new would have been nice though, I do agree.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I had no real interest in the Wolfenstein series until Bethesda's press conference so it's safe to say I'll be wanting to check the series out now.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Devolver Digital's "Press Conference" is um.... 1 for the history books.
[video=youtube;JvNSFAejal8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNSFAejal8[/video]

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Why does Bethesda even have a conference? They only showed like 2 new games.

You can't justify a conference by number of new games shown. They showed more games than that, and the new games shown had significant enough reveals to justify their presence. The show is for the press and investors, so it makes sense.

Microsoft showed 42 games and less of them were interesting than the total number of games Bethesda showed. That was a more questionable conference for me than Bethesda, but even that had its place. They had a conference because it pleases investors, gives loads of details for the press to spread, and keeps them relevant in the minds of gamers.

That said, I haven't had one of those "Is this real life? It's great to be a gamer" moments yet. It's been a slow E3 so far save for a pretty good Bethesda conference. I'm hoping Ubi and Sony bring the heat.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Devolver Digital's "Press Conference" is um.... 1 for the history books.
[video=youtube;JvNSFAejal8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNSFAejal8[/video]

I watched 40 minutes of it with a friend live (there was more than just this) and it was... ugh. There's a cool and clever way to rag on E3 and be satirical while showing off your games, and then there's this.

If anyone thinks Bethesda had a bad conference, just watch this.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i enjoyed it, tbh. i want that girl to be the presenter at every e3 presser.

i only watched the linked video tho

Precursor Mar

You can't justify a conference by number of new games shown. They showed more games than that

You're right, they also showed:

-DLC for a game that played and sold like shit (unless you have the PC version, in which case you couldn't play it at all)
-VR updates for old games
-Paid mods

Clearly, it was worth every minute.

If it was necessary to have a conference to please investors then every publisher would do it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think every time Ubisoft showed something I was just like "Oh its not a sequel to Child of Light, moving on" which is what I did last year lol.

But for real, Beyond Good and Evil looked really interesting actually...but I never played the original. Dunno if I need to?
And then yea, I am kind of sold on the Mario Rabbids thing now as well ha. I also kind of liked the pirate thing, it could be fun if I know other people who get it anyway. If not I probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back