• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2017 General Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Ubisoft had my favorite conference so far, so I guess Chaser was right when he said it was one of the conferences that mattered lol

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Easily the best Ubisoft conference in a few years.

This E3 is still relatively unimpressive compared to every other E3 this console generation, not that there's anything that could be done about it. Here's to hoping Sony pulls the usual and kills it tonight.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Horizon Zero Dawn DLC, they already win for me lol. Though I hope there is even more that hypes me ha.

Lonbilly

Awards
I feel personally victimized that Moss is cursed to be a VR only game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT DETROIT! GOD IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME

zachen

Awards
Honestly Sony had a mediocre conference at best. Nothing to write home about (minus Spider-Man and Uncharted of course)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Why is every video game a movie now? Why was there literally no emphasis on fun gameplay mechanics AT ALL this conference? I'm extremely let down. Every single game was a cinematic 'Press X to Cool' simulator or another goddamn shooting game. The extreme emphasis on storytelling has got to end.

I'm at a point where I am extremely happy that I have other good things going on in my life, because if this was my sole hobby, I'd be really fucking bummed out.

The only trailer throughout this entire E3 that I liked was Rare's new Sea of Thieves game. Everything else has been a letdown.

Lonbilly

Awards
Tbh I had no expectations for any conferences for E3 and I've been pleasantly surprised so far, so I'm happy. Sony's conference is probably my favorite so far, with Ubi being second.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Why is every video game a movie now? Why was there literally no emphasis on fun gameplay mechanics AT ALL this conference? I'm extremely let down. Every single game was a cinematic 'Press X to Cool' simulator or another goddamn shooting game. The extreme emphasis on storytelling has got to end.

I'm at a point where I am extremely happy that I have other good things going on in my life, because if this was my sole hobby, I'd be really diddlying bummed out.

The only trailer throughout this entire E3 that I liked was Rare's new Sea of Thieves game. Everything else has been a letdown.

Oh so you didn't see the Spider-Man trailer. I guess you also don't know that the week following the press conferences is when the press actually gets their hands on gameplay and gets more extended demos, which is then sent to us.

That was an amazing conference, so many great games. Easily the best of E3, I can't wait to get my hands on these games. Bravo, Sony.

Lonbilly

Awards
To be fair, Launchpad has a point. Just because we saw some decent gameplay from certain games doesn't detract that there IS an issue with cinematic trailers/cinematic gameplay being the focus at presentations at times.

But at the same time, you also then have people who would rather see multiple trailers instead of a single game and a gameplay demonstration.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh so you didn't see the Spider-Man trailer.

Actually, I did. It was shit. It was bland, trite, overly cinematic garbage for brainless consumers. A 1-1 ripoff of the Batman games, same shit, different label-- just keep tapping buttons to keep killing the guys with no thought whatsoever. The game slows down to tell you what button to press to make a cool thing happen. It's completely idiotic and so are you for what you wrote.

I can't believe the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra was actually the best conference during this year's E3.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
To be fair, Launchpad has a point. Just because we saw some decent gameplay from certain games doesn't detract that there IS an issue with cinematic trailers/cinematic gameplay being the focus at presentations at times.

But at the same time, you also then have people who would rather see multiple trailers instead of a single game and a gameplay demonstration.

I think a lot of people felt it was redundant because we were seeing the same gameplay at conferences that we were seeing throughout the week, and with E3 now open to the public that means more hands are going to actually be on the games. I think the conferences are becoming big press releases for all of the games shown, and they're using the public and the press to let out more hands on opinions and extended demos on sites like Twitch and Youtube throughout the following weeks. I think it's a longer game they're playing with marketing.

I mean, I do get your point though, that we're not seeing more hands on games directly at the conferences, highlighting exactly what it is that makes these games special and differentiate from one another.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So what is the point of Insomniac making a Spiderman game if they're just making a one-to-one clone of Beenox's Amazing SM games?

because they aren't clones, Insomniac's Spider-Man is obviously building its own universe and has much more polish to it. it has environmental interactions, and traversal more in vein to other Insomniac titles like Sunset Overdrive as seen with the wall running. literally everything that can be done with Spiderman has been done in earlier titles, I'm happy that the developer is perfecting what works and scrapping what doesn't, rather than trying to clone the Arkham games and fail like Beenox' spadahmane titles.

Pandymint

Awards
tumblr_inline_mwjgfb9c2r1qhfpm8.gif

All I wanted to do was see what people thought and what do I find but children complaining. It's okay to have a difference in opinion, but name calling is truly childish.

I went in with pretty much no expectations and was really surprised. Difference between Sony and Xbox is Sony showed me games that I was excited about.

Lonbilly

Awards
tumblr_inline_mwjgfb9c2r1qhfpm8.gif

All I wanted to do was see what people thought and what do I find but children complaining. It's okay to have a difference in opinion, but name calling is truly childish.

Welcome to E3, buddy.

Precursor Mar

I'm happy that the developer is perfecting what works and scrapping what doesn't, rather than trying to clone the Arkham games and fail like Beenox' spadahmane titles.

And I'm glad to see that Insomniac has decided to ameliorate this byyyy....... ...literally doing the exact same thing. Innovation!

Let's be real here. This game is Amazing Spiderman 3. From the Arkham combat, to the pseudo-stealth, to web rush, to quick-time events. If this game looked any more derivative, Activision would've put a Call of Duty logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back