• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drive Forms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenKH

I loved the idea of drive forms for kh2, it was so cool that Sora could change forms :D When I saw KHDDD I was dissapointed they replaced drives with dream eaters and flow motion D:

I hope they'll still keep it in KH3 though :D

Do you think it should come back?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dont want drive forms back however i would like a duel wielding mode in there somehow.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I like the idea of drive forms but I'm uncertain if they'll come back. They like to try and do something different every game to try and spice up the game play and drive forms are too much of a staple of KH2. Perhaps they can have an evolved form of it though.

HiddenKH

Ya it would be cool if there was a Summon form :D (Idea from Limit form)

Gram

Banned
Awards
For some reason a summon from makes me think of D-links....
Limit Form is awesome one of the best things about kh2fm for me~

The Dream

Oh no, not me, I never lost control
Awards
I liked the drive forms but I really think they were handled terribly in KH2. They were just there, some side goody you got and would use whenever you could. I would love it if they brought it back into a new KH and just made it more special. I dunno, more stuff behind them. I had an idea of having to collect pieces of each drives set of clothing/armour and each set unlocking a different perk the drive has. I dunno, I want them to be more special.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk I liked the Drive forms for what they were but I wouldn't be interested in using them again besides when I play KH2. I think they could easily use an evolved system that combines Drives with D-Links/Command Styles/Dream Links into a new system.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I'm extremely conservative when I play RPG's so I never used Drives except for boss battles and leveling up abilities.

I want Summons to be the new Drive mode. I want Summons to actually DO something. Genie was the only good Summon in KH2. I want that feeling x10 others.

Kingroxas

Awards
Soras black clothes have magical powers that let him use drive so...as long as Sora does not change clothes (Kingdom hearts 3D), its all good (P.S. I found drive forms awesome too.) [video=youtube_share;IgakG07Qw8Y]http://youtu.be/IgakG07Qw8Y?t=7m[/video]
(go to 6:59)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be honest I found the Drive Forms always more like a flashy gimmick and KH 2 was in general too easy with too many overblown flashy stuff.
Up to now, the gameplay system of the series had something new everytime, so I guess we can assume the same for KH 3 as well.

On the other hand though, the Drive Forms give Sora something unique, just like TAV have their personal Command Styles (Dark Impulse, Ghost Drive, Wingblade) and I would actually like to see if each of the characters has some unique vibes and techniques available only to that character. That would add diversity and prevent redundancy that is already partly there with formely "unique" spells like Meteor Crash, Faith or Salvation being available for several characters.
The only technique I can name on a whim that is still unique to one character only that no one else has is Riku's Dark Aura, as Spark/ra/ga doesn't count since it's new in DDD.

---

As for new costumes, SRK aren't the only ones that could use one.
Lea should preferably get something entirely new, as always the black coat gets boring.
(On that note, Naminé and Xion could also use some new garments if we're at it while Roxas should use his private clothes more than black coat).

Then there's also the issue of TAV with their 10year-suffering break. Would be neat if they change their outfit as well in the later parts of KH 3.

If they would really allow costume change controllable by the player, the old outfits could be of course still be kept available.

HiddenKH

I'm extremely conservative when I play RPG's so I never used Drives except for boss battles and leveling up abilities.

I want Summons to be the new Drive mode. I want Summons to actually DO something. Genie was the only good Summon in KH2. I want that feeling x10 others.

Ya I also felt summons were just.... there. They didn't really have a purpose but just to help you in battle.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Sure, they were fun, cool, and memorable. I just hope (if they do) change up how they work and implement new ideas into the system

wii.red24

Drive forms are cool because they give the player extra abilities and stylish combos, the only bad thing about drive forms is they make the game easier which for some people is a bad thing personally though i didn't mind it. It would be cool if SE brought them back for KH3 as well as some new Drive Forms : )

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
if they bring back Drive forms, they should at least weaken them, or make it harder to fill the Drive gauge, because they made KH2's gameplay awfully easy. And never forget that glitch where you went to the World Map while you're in a form and returning to a world filled up your gauge completely. It made leveling forms way too easy.

nevertheless, Drive forms were fun to use and I think it would be a bit risky to give KH3 a completely new gameplay system, so hopefully they find a creative way to combine gameplay from previous games.
i will actually vomit if the entire trio doesn't get new costumes
yeah dude. Especially Kairi, there's no way she can fight in that skimpy dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back