Dream Drop Distance - Happy 4th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Dandelion
4 years ago today, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance released today in North America on the Nintendo 3DS. its a fan favorite and the last new Kingdom Hearts title besides X [Chi] and Unchained X.

and I'm sure you may all know, its being remastered in HD for the PS4, along with new titles Back Cover and 0.2 a Fragmentary Passage, due for release in December worldwide.

Muke

whatever
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DDD!!

You shall forever be known as the "title that ruined everything", but you'll always have a special playce in my heart.

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DDD!!

You shall forever be known as the "title that ruined everything", but you'll always have a special playce in my heart.
I don't really think that time travel "ruined" the series (at least in my opinion), it could have just been elaborated better, that's all. Regardless, I played Dream Drop Distance for my 17th Birthday as my very first Nintendo 3DS title. It's special to me. Happy Birthday DDD.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Fairest of them All
  • In the Grid
Happy b-day DDD, my second favorite KH game! Man, it was a magical winter when I played this game. I had fun, laughed and tears were shed. My 3DS's clock says that I poured well over 100 hours in DDD.
I can't wait to play this in 60 fps and with potentially tweaked hit-stun.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

Warrior of Sunlight
Website
www.deviantart.com
  • NieR: Automata
  • No Name
  • Ninja'd
  • Master Defender
  • Come So Far
  • Superior of the In-Between
My favourite KH game forever. DDD is simply love. I loved the complexity of the plot, also I loved how confused it made me. Yes. I love it forever. I'll treasure my 3DS version for eternity.

Muke

whatever
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
I don't really think that time travel "ruined" the series (at least in my opinion), it could have just been elaborated better, that's all. Regardless, I played Dream Drop Distance for my 17th Birthday as my very first Nintendo 3DS title. It's special to me. Happy Birthday DDD.
'Cause of the time travel?

I mean... it wasn't that bad.
I don't think it ruined the series either. That was me referring to people who talk like that. "The title that ruined the series"..
So

Howler

I want you to be happier
  • No Name
  • Master Defender
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
Well, the one game I haven't played yet but watched the whole game has it's 4th birthday. I need to hurry up and play it. T_T

VoidGear.

red gay
  • No Name
  • Melodious Nocturne
  • Luna Diviner
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Chilly Academic
You shall be remembered as "the game in which we FINALLY play as Riku for a reasonable amount of time". Still hate you for Sora's stupidity and the time travel bullshit.

redcrown

Somehow that 2D disaster doesn't count to me, sorry.
Plus, even with it being remastered as Re:com, the gameplay was so simplified from Sora's and easy/short to play through that it made it essentially only a bonus mini game after the main one. Even with its great story arc/character development.

Oracle Spockanort

the only villain on staff
Staff member
Website
twitter.com
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Beauty Within
  • No Name
Yaaaay to the game I have the worst love-hate relationship with <3

Love every minute of Riku, love the worlds, love that everything is magenta, love the music, love how damn hard it is, love the Dream Eaters, hate time travel, hate having to raise all of the DEs affinity to max so I'll never 100% KH3D ever except on PS4 if they changed how Affinity works.

<3 <3 <3

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Flix and Chill
  • Fairest of them All
  • Crafty Soul
I remember being so incredibly hyped for this game. Watched all the movies that would appear as worlds, caught up on the series lore, waited for such a painfully long time. And when I finally got my hands on it, I loved almost every minute of it.

Screw the hate, I loved DDD and I am so excited to replay it for the hundredth time on my new PS4.

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid
hooray for the game i used to deeply hate but kinda like know once i've realized that i only hated it because it was on the 3DS

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts
I remember freaking out like a crazy fangirl over the announcement that the TWEWY gang would be in it.