• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Final Mix Speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhirlwindLancer

Seeing as how a Final Mix has been made for every "main" game so far, I'm 99% positive that there will be one made for DDD and as usual we won't get it. When it is released (because you know it will be), what are you're expectations for it in regards to additional content? I'm inclined to think that it will be on par content-wise with BBSFM rather than the bonus content explosion that was KH2FM. I'm thinking there will probably be another "secret episode" type-scenario, a new movie at the end, and a few additional cutscenes thrown in there if there is enough room left on the cartridge. Bummer though... now I have a whole new system I have to learn how to hack in order to beat this darn region lock... not to mention going through the tedious process of patching the whole thing in english when and if a stable english patch is released.

So yeah. What do you guys think?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Dream Drop Distance Final Mix

Seeing as how a Final Mix has been made for every "main" game so far, I'm 99% positive that there will be one made for DDD and as usual we won't get it.
It's inevitable.

When it is released (because you know it will be), what are you're expectations for it in regards to additional content?
New cutscenes, Dream Eaters, Weapons, abilities, a new secret ending, more Xehanort.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Dream Drop Distance Final Mix

Since we have virtually no idea how anything in the game is, I don't really know and I don't think this is anything we can really speculate until we actually play the game and point out the things we felt should have been in the game...besides the typical.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
More or less what Spocky said. If anything, the main thing I can think of is added Keychains, change of base Nightmare/Spirit colours and maybe some added mini-games. I can't see much else aside from that being added if it does occur, at this point anyway.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Honestly, I'm not so sure if we will get a Final Mix this time around. It is highly likely, but also at the same time, highly unlikely. KH 0, 1, and 2 have all had Final Mixes, and Nomura has in one way or another acknowledged that they were a numbered title somehow (whether stating it or making it the title). However, with DDD, Nomura hasn't called this game KH 2.5. Though he has said it is as important, that just means he thinks the story has something that is vital, but doesn't necessarily means he views it as a numbered title. Considering Nomura is always so odd with how he phrases things, I don't think I can for sure say we will or won't get a DDD Final Mix (by get I mean Japan getting it).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is precisely why the HD collection shouldn't come out as a tenth birthday deal but instead closer to the release of KH3. DDD FM itself needs to be on the collection.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
This is precisely why the HD collection shouldn't come out as a tenth birthday deal but instead closer to the release of KH3. DDD FM itself needs to be on the collection.

This is kind of... doubtful. If there ever is a HD collection, I'm reluctant to believe they'll include handheld titles.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
This is kind of... doubtful. If there ever is a HD collection, I'm reluctant to believe they'll include handheld titles.

I actually think that if they did an HD collection, they would definitely put BbS on that collection in order to get it out to more people considering the game was so major and was only able to reach such a small part of the entire KH fanbase.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I'd rather not think about this game getting a Final Mix. Every time I think about those Final Mixes and their extra content that most of us will never get I become overrun with feeling of sorrow and then a lot anger. And then I go to Youtube to watch the videos.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I actually think that if they did an HD collection, they would definitely put BbS on that collection in order to get it out to more people considering the game was so major and was only able to reach such a small part of the entire KH fanbase.

Then non-Sony titles. Probably games released on Nintendo systems would be left out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lol, guys this is a speculation thread. Doesn't matter if it happens or not, just speculate.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

HD collections don't actually sell that much, so it has that going against it and therefore it'd be pretty futile. Even if they do something akin to Peace Walker where they ported the game to PS3, it still wouldn't sell that many units.

As far as content for 3D FM, can't say it any better than Master Spockanort.

WhirlwindLancer

I mean, I'm in no way expecting it to be as content-heavy as KH2FM was. BBSFM had like, what? A secret episode and one more special ending? KH2FM had new explorable areas of Radiant Garden, a new drive form, the Roxas fight, the Terra Lingering Sentiment fight, and all of those Organization XIII data battles... not to mention all of the new cutscenes. A 4GB cartridge can only hold so much.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I WANT A DAYS FINAL MIX, DAMMIT

Honest to god, I'd rather a remake. I, personally, would have found this game more enjoyable with better graphics and voice acting throughout the game. Some of the cutscenes can easily be changed into conversations the members have in the field.

But I'm getting too far off what the discussion is about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Am I the only one who thinks DLC renders things like Final Mixes, or special versions in general, obsolete? Not that I want a ton of DLC. Not how it was handled for FFXIII-2 at least.

Just, if there is DLC, there is no need to print new versions of the game when the content that would be added can just be downloaded at a price.

MadasaHatter

Am I the only one who thinks DLC renders things like Final Mixes, or special versions in general, obsolete? Not that I want a ton of DLC. Not how it was handled for FFXIII-2 at least.

Just, if there is DLC, there is no need to print new versions of the game when the content that would be added can just be downloaded at a price.

I'm MUCH rather have this than favoritism that comes with FM. It's like they only see their fan base as only being in Japan, how about the rest of us? We want you to take our money too so we can play these awesome rereleases! Instead they're making us jump through hoops! Having to mod systems and import the games, etc, etc. DLC please! =D

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
America doesn't have a big enough hard-on for jrpg's (among other places as well). They probably wouldn't sell as much as SE would want outside of Japan. They were pretty close to releasing KH2FM+ over here since there was so much extra content (more than just 2 extra boss fights). But we only got half of the slice with the release of Re:Chain of Memories, but then again that was basically an HD remake of the GBA version and not just the same game with a few bits of extra stuff.

I'm actually curious if anyone knows how well Re:Chain of Memories sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back