• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Final Mix Speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadasaHatter

^That's why I'm saying DLC would be perfect, it would be much easier to get the new feature to all fans around the world! But I honestly have no idea how extensively DLC can alter a game, I've only gotten a few like costume changes and weapons.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Looks like I'm the only one not expecting a FM for this game. It may have a whole lot of importance as far as the narrative and plot go (new worlds, new system, updated graphics, advances the plot, the whole nine); but it's still a bridge game by function. It's closing the gap to KH3. And there won't be an HD version of it as its on a Nintendo console. So I'm not seeing it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
HD collections don't actually sell that much, so it has that going against it and therefore it'd be pretty futile. Even if they do something akin to Peace Walker where they ported the game to PS3, it still wouldn't sell that many units.

Regardless if they don't sell much, it would be an easy way to get BbS to more people, and since they could just update the graphics a little, they don't need to remake it completely anyways, so even if it doesn't look as nice as KH1 and KH2, the fact that the collection would contain the 3 biggest games is a strong selling point considering those 3 games consist of a majority of the info needed to know (not all of it).

Am I the only one who thinks DLC renders things like Final Mixes, or special versions in general, obsolete? Not that I want a ton of DLC. Not how it was handled for FFXIII-2 at least.

Just, if there is DLC, there is no need to print new versions of the game when the content that would be added can just be downloaded at a price.

You're right, there is never a need to release a FM when there is DLC. However, BbS could have had DLC if they wanted, and I never knew why they didn't release the Secret Episode as DLC, it seems like a good DLC option. I thought perhaps it was because they didn't do PSP DLC, but they released costumes for Dissidia 012, so clearly they are okay with DLC. The thing is, in the end, when you make something for DLC, you charge roughly $6-$10 for something if it is really big. $6-$10 pales in comparison to the $60 they could get by re-releasing the game. I guess that might be SE's logic -__-

Looks like I'm the only one not expecting a FM for this game. It may have a whole lot of importance as far as the narrative and plot go (new worlds, new system, updated graphics, advances the plot, the whole nine); but it's still a bridge game by function. It's closing the gap to KH3. And there won't be an HD version of it as its on a Nintendo console. So I'm not seeing it.

My first post was against it for the same reasons xP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SE really only just jumped on the DLC bandwagon. 012 was really the first SE-developed game with a lot of DLC if im not mistaken, and FFXIII-2 is obviously testing the waters on how to handle DLC in terms of items and story content.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy will have DLC songs and there will probably be more SE games in the future that utilize DLC.

BBS came out before SE decided to experiment with DLC the way they are so that is just an obvious reason why there wasn't DLC for it to begin with. I don't know much and SE's history with DLC, though so somebody can correct me on this.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I'm actually curious if anyone knows how well Re:Chain of Memories sold.

Reviews were more or less the same like the GBA version. RE:COM sold like crap over in the US. However Square didn't even advertise the game at all. No press releases, trailers, commercials, demos or anything. Then people want to use this game's selling as an example to why FM never sell over here. That wasn't the point at all. Just look at how many people downloaded english patches to KH2FM and BBSFM

kupo1121

Awards
BBS came out before SE decided to experiment with DLC the way they are so that is just an obvious reason why there wasn't DLC for it to begin with. I don't know much and SE's history with DLC, though so somebody can correct me on this.

I probably know just as much as you if not less when it comes to SE DLC. However, I know that BbS Final Mix came with a DLC code for Dissidia 012. So they were clearly a little okay with DLC at the time of its release. I don't see why they didn't release any DLC for BbS. Even if they wanted to release it last summer, it would have been okay for US fans. However, I guess you are right, SE really is testing out the water with FFXIII-2, so I have to buy everything they release to help them warm up to the idea.

TepidShark

Awards
And there won't be an HD version of it as its on a Nintendo console. So I'm not seeing it.

It is kind of amazing to me how people don't seem to understand how to video game industry works. Unless Nintendo is personally contributing money to help develop the game (or a console exclusive character like Mario were to appear), Nintendo has zero sway over the rights to the game. This means that technically Disney & Square Enix could bring it to wherever they wanted to. Same is true of the games on Sony platforms.

MinerKing

I would assume that 3D is more or less in the situation that Chain of Memories was in. A crucial bridge to the next part of the story, but doubtful to get a final mix.
I would hope that they really put it all on the line with this one, without the need to go back and make changes and add content.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
This would be the kind of game a final mix is released, maey it would have a alternate ending, the first one Nomura proposed

TepidShark

Awards
Don't think usually release the soundtrack to the game around the time the Final Mix is coming out? So maybe the fact that the soundtrack is coming out shortly after the original release is a sign that they are not doing a Final Mix.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why would they do a final mix at the same time that they're making the game?

TepidShark

Awards
Or let me rephrase: Because they are releasing the soundtrack now, means they don't plan on doing a Final Mix in the future. As opposed to other times when they have waited to release a soundtrack until they do a Final Mix.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sorry, it's not your fault. I was using my sisters laptop at the time and she has these lines running down the screen that blocks things and I can't see unless I move the page out of their way, so I didn't you know actually said " is a sign that they are not doing a Final Mix." The fault is all mine.

UltimaJackpot

Or let me rephrase: Because they are releasing the soundtrack now, means they don't plan on doing a Final Mix in the future. As opposed to other times when they have waited to release a soundtrack until they do a Final Mix.
I don't really think the soundtrack release is a good indicator at all. Both KH1 and KH2 had OST releases before each game's Final Mix released. BBS was the only game to have it's Final Mix music contents come with it's initial soundtrack release.

kupo1121

Awards
That's understandable. [Sarcasm]Technology is awesome isn't it?[/Sarcasm]

Fixed it for you :)

Anyways, that is also true about the soundtrack, but they could always bypass it by not adding any new tracks to DDD if they made a FM version of it (which I think is doubtful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back