• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drakengard 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Drakengard 3 - SE North America registers Drakengard domain

Day one buy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Now all they need to do is release Drakengard 1 + 2 on PSN and I'll be right as rain.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

if this game gets released every bad thing se has ever done can be forgiven

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Now all they need to do is release Drakengard 1 + 2 on PSN and I'll be right as rain.
If this releases and turns a profit, they might... at least they better.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

tbh i think se just doesnt know how to market niche titles properly

not that i claim to be an expert but considering atlus publishes niche titles all the time and turns a profit i think SE is just doing something wrong

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

SE isn't the only company that fails to understand how to do so, but now is the time to change that and start taking more chances on niche titles. The market is there, the consumers are there, the money is there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Drakengard 3 - Coming to NA/EU in 2014

It will get a physical release in North America.

BLESS SQUARE ENIX. And hopefully 8-4 is doing the localization ;A;

Yamuraiha

Awards

I talked about this game a few weeks ago because the female character with the white hair (?) looked really cute in a gif I saw.
Does anyone know if you have to play the previous games to play this one? :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I was reading some translations of the short stories about the Utautai sisters and their apostles, and wow Dito and Five's relationship...

I talked about this game a few weeks ago because the female character with the white hair (?) looked really cute in a gif I saw.
Does anyone know if you have to play the previous games to play this one? :3

No, you don't. You'd probably appreciate the story better by playing the other two (three if you count Nier which I highly recommend) Drakengard 3 is a prequel to the first two games so it sets itself up.

Watch some of the first two games online to get an idea of what you'll be getting into. The series is twisted but interesting.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I hope Europe will be getting a physical release too in the end, or else I might import a copy from the US.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I know. I meant to imply that I was hoping the situation would change before the release, or that the game will prove to be popular enough to warrant a physical release later on like with Journey.

The NA copy needs to be bought from the NA Square Enix store though, I think, so the prices on eBay for people outside of NA will instantly skyrocket. Good thing my mum lives in Vermont. :p

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm going to play this game with so much shame.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

that dito story holy shit

i want this game so bad

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Dito is such a little diddlyer but at the same time I feel for him because he's a child that has to have sex with Five whose sexual appetite is never squashed.

I wonder if Cent has similar negative feelings for Two...not as sadistic as Dito's, but just doesn't really like Two. Cent is a chronic liar, so I wouldn't be shocked if, at whatever time Zero decides to kill her, tells Two he's always hated her. Seriously not ready to feel like the worst person in the world lol.

Unless Two plans to eat Cent...Well...then.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Unless Two plans to eat Cent...Well...then.

i love the fact that this is actually quite plausible

i didn't reconcile this fact until recently, but after playing nier and letting the plot from drakengard 1 sink in a little further I realized that the storytelling in JPRG's is honestly getting a little lacking. It seems like most companies are just too scared or aren't interested in exploring a story that isn't strictly cofidied by tropes established decades ago by Square/Namco/Falcom/etc. There is still doing a traditional story well (like atlus typically does), but it honestly wouldn't hurt to see a little more variety and that's why i think that regardless of one's personal opinion of taro's writing, these games are important to the industry.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Drakengard 3 and NieR are connected to each other.

Drakengard 3 Connects To Nier, Will Have A Balance Between Darkness And Humor - Siliconera

This was exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. Now my interests are piqued in those ruins again that have been shown in a few screenshots. They look like the skyscrapers in Tokyo/Shinjuku in Ending E of the first game...People were also talking about how they look like the buildings from the imperial capital in Drakengard...

And apparently they are thinking about going back on their statement about no Japanese audio. I hope they add it. The Japanese dub for this game sounds fantastic right now and we don't know how the English one will turn out (it'll probably be good considering the history with these games, but still), I'd just be comfortable in the ability to decide.

i love the fact that this is actually quite plausible

i didn't reconcile this fact until recently, but after playing nier and letting the plot from drakengard 1 sink in a little further I realized that the storytelling in JPRG's is honestly getting a little lacking. It seems like most companies are just too scared or aren't interested in exploring a story that isn't strictly cofidied by tropes established decades ago by Square/Namco/Falcom/etc. There is still doing a traditional story well (like atlus typically does), but it honestly wouldn't hurt to see a little more variety and that's why i think that regardless of one's personal opinion of taro's writing, these games are important to the industry.

I agree. In general the industry is stagnating because I think companies are worried people won't buy the game or like it and they will lose money. I think the fact that we have companies like SE purposefully making "AAA games" that have bits and pieces of what made other games highly successful is telling enough that they are afraid of taking chances. This is why the indie scene has been such a god-send lately...and companies that have been willing to take on these mid-tier games that don't fit the mold.

Back