• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drakengard 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really need this game. I'm extremely willing to import if SE doesn't make up their minds or a crowdfund doesn't work. The game doesn't even need to be dubbed. Just translate everything.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I really need this game. I'm extremely willing to import if SE doesn't make up their minds or a crowdfund doesn't work. The game doesn't even need to be dubbed. Just translate everything.
I wish publishers realized that this is an incredibly viable option.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
i did it for nier replicant and i'm willing to do it a second time god dammit

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
also importing if it doesn't come overseas because there's no way i'm missing out on flower-babe and her legion of manwhores

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Double posting because relevant news

Drakengard 3 doesn’t feel like a Square-Enix game, says composer Keiichi Okabe | VG247

Okabe explained that he feels his work on Nier has also led fans to expect certain things from his Drakengard 3 composition, and added, “Generally speaking, I have divided the musical style three ways between the stages, the events, and the boss battles, and comparatively speaking, I’m deliberately aiming for a Nier-like feel with the event music.”

soundtrack confirmed for awesome

“It’s been a tough production,” Okabe concluded, “but for this game, there’s part of it I’m doing that I’ve never experienced before. Regardless of your musical likes and dislikes, I think part of it will really startle you.”

When asked what startling element he was referring to, Okabe added, “It’d be a spoiler if we told you, but for now let’s just say that we’ve got assorted tricks in the works, including in the musical department.

The original concept of this title was to make a game that didn’t feel much like a Square Enix title. It’s not a game that will make everybody happy, but it is one that I think people who’re curious about it should watch for upon release.”

are you nerds ready to get trolled by cavia again?????

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
tumblr_mqld2sBAbU1qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mqwd0eaCmR1qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
zero sleeping with a bunch of men, ladies with numbers on their forehead who i am sure want to sleep with zero as well. it works out.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
if SENA doesn't want to bring it over, can someone else publish it?? :C

Decrith

I never got to play the first two games, so what is the game all about?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I never got to play the first two games, so what is the game all about?

Well, to be honest, Drakengard 1 and 2 weren't exactly good games. Cavia (the original developer who doesn't exist anymore) was severely undermanned during Drakengard 1, and I'm pretty sure they were also given a crap budget. But it made up for that in its ridiculously bleak and bizarre storyline and characters in a dark fantasy world, featuring a mass murderer, a cannibal baby-eating elf, a pedophilic priest, etc. It was really a sight to behold and is still overall a pretty unique story in videogames. Drakengard II polished the gameplay, but the main force behind the first Drakengard's batshit insanity and crushing depression (aka the only good things about it), the director Yoko Taro, wasn't really involved much so the story and characters suffered immensely to the point that the overall experience ended up being pretty garbage despite the improvements in other areas.

Yoko Taro and some Drakengard people eventually developed a spiritual sequel to the first Drakengard (it even branches off one of the game's endings) in the form of NieR (which I wholeheartedly recommend, especially to people who haven't been satisfied with Square's recent offerings). While NieR is probably more fun and interesting to play than Drakengard, particularly because of its genre mashups, the gameplay in it still wasn't very good. But it had an amazing story with a very memorable and distinct cast of characters (they are probably some of the weirdest characters in a JRPG ever), with Yoko Taro's signature DARK AND EDGY all over it. It also had an unforgettable and powerful soundtrack composed by a team headed by Keiichi Okabe. Cavia doesn't exist anymore, but the key figures from NieR (Taro and Okabe) plus the character designer from the first Drakengard are involved, and given how great NieR was I think people have a right to be excited. Even though Taro has said that people shouldn't expect it to be like NieR, the game still has his signature aesthetic all over it with the character descriptions: a lot of them are directly related to the character's sexualities, particularly how the main character Zero has a harem of manwhores who serve her in battle as well sexually (that isn't even a hyperbole, it is literally what the character descriptions have said). Okabe has specifically said that this game is going to be very distinct from square's usual games, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Decrith

EDIT: Misread what you said, I'll ask a different question, you think I should play Nier or the other two games?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
You think I'll be able to understand the story without playing Nier or the other two games?

I honestly don't know when this is supposed to take place in Drakengard canon. Since NieR is an alternate universe that happens after the first Drakengard you probably wouldn't need to play it to understand 3's story, unless Taro somehow manages to work some bizarre Nier connection in somehow (it wouldn't really be beyond him but I don't know how likely it is either). It may be that some knowledge of Drakengard 1 and 2 is necessary, in which case all you'd really need to do is check out a let's play (i recommend the dark id's) or read the drakengard wiki to get caught up to speed. I honestly don't know if I could recommend actually PLAYING drakengard 1 or 2 in good conscience unless you really want to subject yourself to a poor man's combination of panzer dragoon and dynasty warriors.

Decrith

I honestly don't know when this is supposed to take place in Drakengard canon. Since NieR is an alternate universe that happens after the first Drakengard you probably wouldn't need to play it to understand 3's story, unless Taro somehow manages to work some bizarre Nier connection in somehow (it wouldn't really be beyond him but I don't know how likely it is either). It may be that some knowledge of Drakengard 1 and 2 is necessary, in which case all you'd really need to do is check out a let's play (i recommend the dark id's) or read the drakengard wiki to get caught up to speed. I honestly don't know if I could recommend actually PLAYING drakengard 1 or 2 in good conscience unless you really want to subject yourself to a poor man's combination of panzer dragoon and dynasty warriors.

Alright thank you for your answer, the game really looked interesting (beautiful girl covered with blood) but when I saw the 3 I had to make sure I'm not missing out on much. Thanks again. I hope this'll get an english translation (at least)

Juicyboix12

Awards
I don't think it's posted here yet so I'll post it here. It's a gameplay video and the quality isn't so good but you can still see what's going on.

[video=youtube;PXqjGcmXBf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXqjGcmXBf0[/video]

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
dat song

): this is probably my most anticipated thing from se in a very long time if it doesnt get localized i dont know what i'll do

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I wish they would release this here in Europe, along with an HD collection of the first two games. This franchise really deserves some more attention.

Back