• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald and Goofy's role in KH3 and 3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewonderer

Well hey everybody, sorta new here in terms of posting. I hope this hasn't been done but i'm sure its been pondered. I was just watching Mickey's once and twice upon a christmas lol and it reminded me of Donald/Goofy KH and their future. Heres my question, do you guys want them to be by your side as in the other 2 games?, do you think they will be? or do you think they'll just stay at Yen Sids or something and you'll be going alone or have different party members, etc.

I personally really want them back but they'd have to train with Sora if to keep up and I don't think Norumas doing that. I felt BBS was really lacking a party, I even found days better because at least you had one other person with you.

Thanks

Lavender13

i don't think they will ahve much of a role in kh3d, but i'm hoping they become sora's party again in kh3.

Rexy

Bronze Member
in KH3? shure as party members
On 3D? shure, but not as party members, i would finally see the battle i'm waiting to see since i played KH1: Sora vs Riku, Donald and Goofy xD
kidding xD, but it would be cool if it really happened

Ralz

3D might bring back the D-Links, and that'd be how Donald and Goofy get involved. Otherwise... they'd just cheer you on from Disney Castle or something. But they'll definitely be back as full-fledged party members in KH3.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If they expand the limit of party members I can see Donald and Goofy playing some "party member" type role in KH3D but I primarily don't see them working because it so far seems as though Riku and Sora will be alone.
In KH3 it really depends if Sora and Riku stay together or split up, if they split up then I definitely think Donald and Goofy will be party members with Sora as usual.
But if Sora and Riku stay together, like I said previously, I can only see them working as party members if the limit is expanded.

Last edited:
Awards
Well I'm sure that they'll obviously be the main party members in KH3, they HAVE to be. But as for 3D, I'm sure their roles will be like they were in BBS, maybe a little bigger.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I have mixed feelings about this. While the Kingdom Hearts series made me appreciate Disney characters such as Donald and Goofy, (I often YouTube the House of Mouse cartoon :p) after playing two games without Donald and Goofy, I kinda don't want them back. Beyond the plot and cutscenes, they're fairly useless. It doesn't matter if you equip them with good weapons because either way, they don't last long in a fight. Chain of Memories was the only game where they served a useful purpose. Besides, I kind of liked that feeling of "going at it alone" in Birth by Sleep. It was certainly a lot of fun.

I think it would be fantastic if they returned as D-Links. It would be similar to they way they appeared as cards in CoM.

thewonderer

The thing is, and I know many people will call them useless from the start, if Sora and Riku need to train; wouldn't they need to too if they were accompanying him? I know Donald and Goofy will probably not be there for the final battle but is that all Sora and Riku are training for?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
The thing is, and I know many people will call them useless from the start, if Sora and Riku need to train; wouldn't they need to too if they were accompanying him? I know Donald and Goofy will probably not be there for the final battle but is that all Sora and Riku are training for?
Its the Mark of Mastery exam that only keyblade weilders can make. If its neccassary, maybe Mickey or Yen Sid will train Donald and Goof ybut I dont think it's really neccassary. They are just party members.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
in KH3? shure as party members
On 3D? shure, but not as party members, i would finally see the battle i'm waiting to see since i played KH1: Sora vs Riku, Donald and Goofy xD
kidding xD, but it would be cool if it really happened

Oh man I actually thought that too when Donald and Goofy ditched me for Riku. It would've been cool if it did happened. XD

Donald and Goofy probably should train as well while Sora and Riku are absent doing their Mark of Mastery Exams. I would like to see them with new abilities like Flare, Faith, Meteor, Tornado (with wind being visible instead of twirling), etc. in the later games.

Crystal

Silver Member
I think Donald and Goofy were just as a party member and accompany Sora for his journey.
But in KH3D, i don't know if Sora's journey will be alone or with Riku.

Stars

リク
I think Donald and Goofy will remained as party member in KH3 and KH3D. But I would love to see Sora and Riku go on journey separately and without party member in KH3.

Gram

Banned
Awards
for kh3 hell yeah, i mean its been them for most the series but after kh3 i'd like it to change a bit.

thewonderer

But what about Mickey? What excuse does he have to not be in your party or with you in KH3 lol. Actually same with Riku. Come to think of it, same with all the people we have to save. I mean will they just stay on the sidelines once saved or do you think Noruma will allow them to either join your party or maybe even play as them at times through the game?

Lavender13

I have mixed feelings about this. While the Kingdom Hearts series made me appreciate Disney characters such as Donald and Goofy, (I often YouTube the House of Mouse cartoon :p) after playing two games without Donald and Goofy, I kinda don't want them back. Beyond the plot and cutscenes, they're fairly useless. It doesn't matter if you equip them with good weapons because either way, they don't last long in a fight. Chain of Memories was the only game where they served a useful purpose. Besides, I kind of liked that feeling of "going at it alone" in Birth by Sleep. It was certainly a lot of fun.

I think it would be fantastic if they returned as D-Links. It would be similar to they way they appeared as cards in CoM.
they weren't useless at all, especially in kh1 and COM. in kh2 i admit their role was merely just to be friends with sora, but they still played a good role in kh2. though it didn't suit their personality at times.

And BBS was meant to be that way. For sora, i really don't expect him to be the loner type of character.

Lavender13

yeah i suspect a troll....partly for not helping the conversation move along....but i like donald and goofy. I can't see donald and goofy without sora unless riku is the party member. And i still would think riku is temporary.

tehmuffinmon

Yeah, I definitely think they'll have a role in KHIII. Wouldn't seem right, otherwise. As for 3D, well, we'll have to wait and see. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back