• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does the new definition of Gamer piss anyone else off?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman2.0

Ive heard people say before "You arent a gamer unless you play Call of Duty" or "only Halo players are gamers"

It pisses me off so much people who never picked up a game controller before modernwarfare 2 came out and then they say they are a gamer and that everyone who is a gamer isnt a gamer?

Difining gamer as someone who plays one game is just idiotic.

Gamers are those of us who were playing all types of games since they were old enough to know how. Not some retard who heard a game was good and then goes out and buys it and never plays anything else. They dont even know what makes a game good if they have only played one.

Oh and Im not saying that Call of Duty is bad I love the games its just I hate people saying that makes you a gamer.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It doesn't really piss me off. It just makes me feel better about MYself because I know I actually am a good gamer with good taste in games. Not just modern warfare 2 all day.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Well, I started gaming back in the 80's. I could easily say you're not a gamer unless you've played Super Mario Bros. 3. Doesn't make it a fact.

So no, it doesn't bother me. Idiot kids think MW2 and Halo are the end all, be all of games. They're just retards, ignore them.

EDIT: I say this while playing MW2, so hey.

Dman2.0

There you go you are more of a gamer than me because you are older and have been exposed to more variety of games but when people only play one game and say they are a gamer they are just stupid. Stupidity pisses me off more than anything. I love MW2 but I play other games too. I break out my sega genesis from time to time to play some sonic the hedgehog 2 and I hate that I lost zombies ate my neighbors because I want to play that.

O

Oberon

While I'm not as old as Manchester and can't say I've played a ton of old games, I've definitely played a number of them (Mario RPG, Super Mario 3, LoZ classics, etc). Of course I don't define myself with games in any specific way with video games, I am a gamer in the sense I play a variety of game types and genres and tend to get hooked on things pretty quickly.

It is kinda annoying that gamer's do that with CoD and Halo, but there's really no point in listening to boys that are incapable of playing any genre that isn't "Kill with a gun." lol

Dman2.0

tour only a true gamer if you played Pokemon back when it was on the gameboy XDXD

See even that makes me mad. Its not that I have something against new games its that i have something against all people who say that a handful of games is what makes you a gamer when there are way more games than that.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I could care less what any definition some teenager makes up about gaming.
I know I am a gamer, because I consider my games to be a pastime, I enjoy playing them and I play a good amount.

UnrelentingLight

Pretty much everyone at my school plays CoD and misc. sports games and nothing else. There are two of us(me and my friend) who play a wide variety of games but we aren't considered gamers since we aren't in love with CoD.

edit: Also JRPGs(KH,FF,etc) are considered faggot games by everyone except me and my friend. It's funny because no one else has ever played any of those "faggot" games but yet they know for a fact that they are gay.

O

Oberon

Pretty much everyone at my school plays CoD and misc. sports games and nothing else. There are two of us(me and my friend) who play a wide variety of games but we aren't considered gamers since we aren't in love with CoD.

edit: Also JRPGs(KH,FF,etc) are considered faggot games by everyone except me and my friend. It's funny because no one else has ever played any of those "faggot" games but yet they know for a fact that they are gay.
well to be fair Riku and Sora have some pretty gay undertones. lmfao

Dman2.0

See this is exactly what I mean. A bunch of retards who dont know anything say they are gamers without even ever playing more than one or two games. Then real gamers who have played a large variety of games (shooters, platformers, puzzle, RPG, hack n slash and more) arent considered gamers if we dont sit and play ONLY ONE game for entire days at a time.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Your not a gamer if you only play one game/genre.
That's called a Fanboy.
Gamers are people who play multiple games of multiple genres.

Trag

Bronze Member
he who plays games is a gamer
he who argues over what a gamer is is a faggot

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Dictionary.com said:
gam·er   
[gey-mer] Show IPA
–noun
a person who plays games.

It's not any more complicated than that, really.

People who only play MW or Halo are gamers. They may be douchebags and not fit your subjective definition of a "true gamer", but they're still gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back