• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you remember when you got Kingdom Hearts for the first time? Share your story here.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

INamineI

I never heard of it back then until I went to my cousins place to stay for a week, then in their basement I was going through their games and I saw Kingdom Hearts, checked the back and saw Disney characters and thought, wow a fight Disney game? So I asked if I could play this game, so I did. Minutes into it I loved it! Good characters, story is cool, the battles were fun! Ever since I played it a lot!

Magic

Well, I got Kingdom Hearts when I was about 8 or 9, after watching an older neighbor play it. I wasn't as big of a gamer then as I am now. Anyways, I couldn't figure out what to do to get off the island, so I eventually gave up and let the game collect dust.

A few years later, my mom got me KHII for my birthday, because she saw that I had the first one. I thought it was going to be lame, but I played it anyways so Iwouldn't make my mom feel bad When I started the game, I had no idea what was going on, but I was still having fun. Eventually, I loved the game, and I went back to KHI and I beat that game as well. By that point, I was a big fan. Also, KH has made me like video games a whole lot more, and I basically tripled my PS2 gamec collection that year. Now, I don't have as much time for video games with school, but I still put everything down to play KH.

JULIO VP

When i first saw the commercial of KH1, I KNEW I WAS DESTIN TO PLAY THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even now i still get chills from the old commercials

Stars

リク
I played Kingdom Hearts 2 before Kingdom Hearts 1, and the game was recommended by one of my friend.
I don't understand the story at all and when I saw I have to play Gummi Ship, i give my controller straight to my young cousin. xD
But untill now, I finally understand the story and was a big fan of it.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Man I was like 10 years old when I first heard about Kingdom Hearts. It looked interesting, but for some reason I didn't feel like buying the game. It wasn't until after I watched my friend play it that I wanted to buy and play the game for myself. My mom wouldn't let me though because she said it was too expensive. So I had to wait until Kingdom Hearts was re-sold as a Greatest Hits title, which happened 2 years later after its initial release. So I finally got around to playing it for myself and fell in love with it since then.

PrinnyGod

Awards
I don't really remember the year, but I think it was sometime in Middle School. Anyways, one day I was looking at the collection of video games at the local video store, and they had KH2 there. I'd already heard of it, so I figured I'd check it out. At first, I thought it was pretty cool(I missed Roxas for a while since I had no idea who the fcuk Sora was), and about halfway through I loved it and became hooked to the series and after that I began playing the rest of the games. KH is also responsible for getting me hooked to FF as well. :)

Crystal

Silver Member
Actually, i just play Final Fantasy Games and never notice about the game before. Until i watch an AMV which combine FF and KH together in Year 2006, and i was curious about the game and go search for it. Because of Riku (KH1 secret ending), i start to play the game until now xDD

Key

Exile
Awards
I remember my dad buying this game in 2002. I watched him play through the entire thing, i was completely amazed by it. I thought it was the best thing EVER, but I was never skilled enough to play it. Wasn't much of a gamer back then.

Then... CoM came along. I got itas soon as it came out because "OMG IT'S FOR GAME BOY, I'M GOOD AT GAME BOY!" My dad didn't play it because he wasn't too keen on handhelds, but I loved it. The cards threw me off, but i did well until i got to.... REPLIKU. [insert scare chord here] Me bein gthe silly child i was, ragequit after over 9000 tries.

KH2 came along and I decided to watch my dad play through it again. When i saw the intro, i went "OH MY GOD NAMINE. OH MY GOSH MARLUXIA. OH MY GOSH." and decided to pick up CoM again. I finally beat that and Reverse/Rebirth, so i ended up being way less confused than my dad on KH2. This was the first console KH i ever played, and after i beat THAT, i was in love with the series again. I grabbed KH1 and finally played through it, and it only secured this series' place in my favorites list.

I was absurdly excited when i discovered the KH2FM secret ending, and i anxiously waited for KH3.... Which, obviously didn't happen, but HEY, we got something else; Days and BBS, (and soon, Coded).

Days was a bit of a relief for me, since it was on a handheld and again, I'm more of a handheld gamer anyway, and i beat that game rather quickly. It was great to see the Organization again, and i enjoyed learning more about Roxas' backstory. I'm pretty sure I'm one of few who still likes Xion. I know i cried when she died. XD

And then... BBS. Oh, BBS. The only game I've been motivated enough to beat all the way through in proud mode, the only one i've bothered to get every single treasure in, the only one i really play nowadays. Need i say that this one's my favorite? I spoiled it right when it came out in January, and watched it again when it came out in English, and still enjoyed playing it when i (FINALLY) got it.

Oh, did i mention that it was KH that got me into FF in the first place? usually it's the other way around >.>

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I remember my dad buying this game in 2002. I watched him play through the entire thing, i was completely amazed by it. I thought it was the best thing EVER, but I was never skilled enough to play it. Wasn't much of a gamer back then.

Then... CoM came along. I got itas soon as it came out because "OMG IT'S FOR GAME BOY, I'M GOOD AT GAME BOY!" My dad didn't play it because he wasn't too keen on handhelds, but I loved it. The cards threw me off, but i did well until i got to.... REPLIKU. [insert scare chord here] Me bein gthe silly child i was, ragequit after over 9000 tries.

KH2 came along and I decided to watch my dad play through it again. When i saw the intro, i went "OH MY GOD NAMINE. OH MY GOSH MARLUXIA. OH MY GOSH." and decided to pick up CoM again. I finally beat that and Reverse/Rebirth, so i ended up being way less confused than my dad on KH2. This was the first console KH i ever played, and after i beat THAT, i was in love with the series again. I grabbed KH1 and finally played through it, and it only secured this series' place in my favorites list.

I was absurdly excited when i discovered the KH2FM secret ending, and i anxiously waited for KH3.... Which, obviously didn't happen, but HEY, we got something else; Days and BBS, (and soon, Coded).

Days was a bit of a relief for me, since it was on a handheld and again, I'm more of a handheld gamer anyway, and i beat that game rather quickly. It was great to see the Organization again, and i enjoyed learning more about Roxas' backstory. I'm pretty sure I'm one of few who still likes Xion. I know i cried when she died. XD

And then... BBS. Oh, BBS. The only game I've been motivated enough to beat all the way through in proud mode, the only one i've bothered to get every single treasure in, the only one i really play nowadays. Need i say that this one's my favorite? I spoiled it right when it came out in January, and watched it again when it came out in English, and still enjoyed playing it when i (FINALLY) got it.

Oh, did i mention that it was KH that got me into FF in the first place? usually it's the other way around >.>

another handheld gamer who enjoyed Days, awesome, and one of the few who didn't mind COM card battles, I feel the same way about those two games.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Did I post on this thread? I forget.

I got the original for Christmas back in 2002 (I was 12 at the time). Actually, it was the very first PS2 game I ever got. I wanted it not because of the Disney element, but for the Final Fantasy element. I stayed up all night several times to play it.

Then I got CoM, which frustrated me because I hated the card-based battle system. I finished the game, but seeing as I'm more of a console gamer than a handheld gamer, it still isn't one of my favorite KH games. And to be honest, when I played Re:CoM, I still didn't like the battle system, but I liked the graphics that much better, and even had a better time with the battle system.

I got KH2, and to this day it still remains one of my favorite KH games (the first being the original, the second being BBS, and the third is KH2). I loved the Organization, so you can imagine how excited I was for Days, which was actually a pretty big disappointment for me.

And BBS was the first time in years that I had been genuinely, extremely excited for a video game. So far I haven't been all that disappointed. I haven't had as much time to play it as I'd like, but the storyline is one of my favorites out of all the games, the graphics are great, and I actually like the battle system this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back