• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do y’all think Treasure Planet could have any chance at all to appear here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanoman123

I’ve been thinking and thinking about this to me Treasure Planet is special as it was my first ever Disney movie but with how bad everyone says the movie is I think it’s chances are low and I’m making this thread in hopes to hear your opinion on the movie, the chances of it being a world, what would the enemies and bosses look like, and maybe guess what the plot could be if it does get in. I myself think it is a decent movie and the enemies could be like pirates or something

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Unfortunately I don't think Treasure Planet has much of a chance since PotC is returning. While set in two different settings both films deal with Pirates, and I think Nomura will try to avoid copying certain worlds.

Which is kind of a shame since it would have been an excellent world in KH3 aesthetic and plot wise. The gateway to different worlds could have had a lot of potential.

Last edited:

sephydark

Awards
I really doubt it's going to be in KHIII as they already have a pirate-themed world in POtC. However, it's possible that it'll show up in a future title, though I'd probably expect a slightly smaller title that still uses original Disney worlds.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the movie as I felt that it was trying way too hard to be "cool" in a lot of parts and just ended up as cringeworthy, plus a lot of the things that it did really well were also done well in the book, which I had already read. Though, I was in middle school when it came out and didn't actually watch it until high school, so I might have been a little older than the target audience; I think it has a pretty good fanbase among people who were a little younger when it came out. At any rate I think it does have some saving graces and was by no means Disney's worst animated movie from around that time period.

horto12485

Awards
I’ve been thinking and thinking about this to me Treasure Planet is special as it was my first ever Disney movie but with how bad everyone says the movie is I think it’s chances are low and I’m making this thread in hopes to hear your opinion on the movie, the chances of it being a world, what would the enemies and bosses look like, and maybe guess what the plot could be if it does get in. I myself think it is a decent movie and the enemies could be like pirates or something

Don't get me Wrong i like Treasure Planet i know some of us Like the Movie and most hate it but we already have a Pirate World (The Caribbean from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End) it might not appear in this game sorry mate. But there's hope that it could appear in the Next Saga.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Unless Treasure Planet is woven into the Gummi Ship travels (like Zip's theory) then I just don't see it happening anymore.

Veevee

Awards
As much as I'd love to have it included, I doubt it at this point. I guess they'd already dropped the bomb if it were included and now we have PotC. I'm really sad to see this because I'd love to have seen the plot of the never made second film of TP instead of some movie rehash and I'd love to see the interaction between Sora and Jim but oh well. Can't be helped.

Subzero

Like others have said, the chances of Treasure Planet appearing as a world in KH3 are slim to none. Nomura once said that he wants to include worlds that are distinct from one another, and since PotC is the pirate/ocean themed world, I don’t believe a Treasure Planet world will make the cut.

However, that doesn’t rule out the possibility of Treasure Planet and its characters from making a cameo appearance - That’s still possible.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I'm still shocked that they went potentially with PotC over Treasure Planet. Seemed like all signs were pointing towards TP but because of already having a Pirate world now, I think TP is a no go. I'm not heartbroken over it because I freakin' love PotC and it was one of my ultimate KH3 dreams to see At World's End in KH3. TP would've been cool though.

I think Atlantis is still possible.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm still shocked that they went potentially with PotC over Treasure Planet. Seemed like all signs were pointing towards TP but because of already having a Pirate world now, I think TP is a no go. I'm not heartbroken over it because I freakin' love PotC and it was one of my ultimate KH3 dreams to see At World's End in KH3. TP would've been cool though.

I'm actually surprised too. Once I found out TP almost made it into DDD I thought it had a good shot. Plus there was the Pirate Ship flow motion.

Pirates return is honestly the most surprising world for me after Monsters Inc.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

To me it topped even that. I've always got a pretty good record with my worlds guesses, but I'd like to meet the guy who really believed Pirates was coming back.

KH III is almost definitely a no, but I want TP to be featured in KH at some point, if nothing just so people will finally get it and cross it off the list.
Being a KH fan in the KH community when you thought Treasure Planet was just "okay" and have no real emotional attachment over it is its own special hell.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Although I love Treasure Planet, and wish it would appear in some shape or form in KH3, realistically It's not going to appear as a world given that Pirates of the Caribbean has taken its spot and we can't have two similar Pirate themed worlds.

The Most likely realistic chances of seeing TP as a world is probably either in Kingdom Hearts IV or a mainstream game that serves as a bridge to KH4 just like how Chain of Memories served as a bridge to Kingdom Hearts II and Dream Drop Distance was a bridge to Kingdom Hearts III.

On top of that, in case you guys don't know, the 4th and 5th Pirates films (Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales) are set 20 years after the events of At World's End, it makes sense that the world (The Caribbean) which is following the plot of the third movie will be our last hurrah for SDG seeing Jack Sparrow and the gang as they won't be coming back to this world for a while, which would be the perfect opportunity to have Treasure Planet appear as a world in Kingdom Hearts IV or a bridge game in 2022/2023 in time for both the film's 20th anniversary and the KH series 20th anniversary. I also don't think we'll be seeing Hercules' world in future games cause in the latest footage we've seen in the E3 trailers, the plot of the world in Kingdom Hearts III is taking place during the film's climax (Hades and the Titans' invading Mt. Olympus), not to mention that Disney Animation is heavily involved with this world so it actually stay's true to the film's plot and explore most of the location from the film instead of just having the world be relegated to just the Coliseum.

As much as I'd love to have it included, I doubt it at this point. I guess they'd already dropped the bomb if it were included and now we have PotC. I'm really sad to see this because I'd love to have seen the plot of the never made second film of TP instead of some movie rehash and I'd love to see the interaction between Sora and Jim but oh well. Can't be helped.
Treasure Planet could appear as a world in Kingdom Hearts IV or a bridge game in 2022/2023 in time for both the film's 20th anniversary and the KH series 20th anniversary (a guy can dream can he?) on top of that the 4th and 5th Pirates movies take place 20 years after the events of At World's End.

Like others have said, the chances of Treasure Planet appearing as a world in KH3 are slim to none. Nomura once said that he wants to include worlds that are distinct from one another, and since PotC is the pirate/ocean themed world, I don’t believe a Treasure Planet world will make the cut.

However, that doesn’t rule out the possibility of Treasure Planet and its characters from making a cameo appearance - That’s still possible.
Maybe in Kingdom Hearts IV or a bridge game released in 2022/2023 in time for both the film's 20th anniversary and the KH franchise's 20th anniversary

To be honest the MAJORITY of the KH community thought TP was a shoe-in given that not only would we get a different Pirate-themed world in each numbered game (KH - Peter Pan, KH2 - Pirates of the Caribbean) but also Roy Conli who produced TP and is involved in the game also had his other movies he produced, Tangled and Big Hero 6 appear as worlds in Kingdom Hearts III. Not to mention his saying during the Tangled announcement video "The first in a series", led to the KH community overhyping themselves that we would get Treasure Planet.

I'm still iffy with Atlantis, tbh.
I said it before I wouldn't be surprised IF the film does appear as Nomura has been known to put in "dark horse" Disney film as a world just like he did it with Tron in KH2 and Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers in DDD as worlds respectively.

I have nothing against the film, nor do I have a bias against it IF it's announced as a world in the game, as it would be an interesting environment/level for a KH game. But I am ambivalent on the world's inclusion and imo, I rather just be surprised on what's going to be revealed while speculating/guessing rather than just "jumping to conclusions" and overhyping myself compared to the vast majority of you that it might become another "Treasure Planet Situation". I'm being realistic here, the film will go either way, not to mention that the films in the game are based on what's relevant right now at Disney.

I think the KH community was generally divided when the world was announced to return back at E3 cause:
  • It wasn't in the files leaked back in December, so a lot of assumed that TP still had a chance.
  • Some were excited to see it adapt the Third film, the improved graphics on the world, the characters and the gameplay being superior to the one back in KH2, I mean look at Jack Sparrow's character model:

Jack in KH2:

Jack in KH3:
  • Some were perplexed and/or disappointed that their least favorite world (depending on the player's experience when they played Port Royal back in II) returned to Kingdom Hearts III as they thought Treasure Planet was going to be in it. Heck, you even got a few reactions on YouTube when people saw this trailer thought the world was TP even when Sora was singing "A Pirate's Life for Me." But eventually, they took their disappointment all back once they saw the improved graphics of the world, the Pirates characters, and especially the gameplay.

Frankly, I'm slightly disappointed it wasn't Treasure Planet, but I'm happy that Pirates of the Caribbean is returning cause prior to it's announcement/return I said to myself if there was one Returning Disney world I want to see besides Olympus and 100 Acre Wood in KH3, it would be Pirates of the Caribbean, and just like Nomura in an interview at E3 he wanted to see how a live-action Disney movie world looked in the Unreal Engine 4 and it never failed to disappoint.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think Atlantis has somewhat of a chance. It could be in the third set of Disney worlds along with BH6 and Caribbean. Though that spot could go to WIR if by some miracle it isn't the world set for Union.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Unless Treasure Planet is woven into the Gummi Ship travels (like Zip's theory) then I just don't see it happening anymore.

Something similar to this. I don't believe it will have its own world, but possibly a cameo.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I think Atlantis has somewhat of a chance. t could be in the third set of Disney worlds along with BH6 and Caribbean.
Regardless, it still falls down to:
  • Is the film relevant at Disney?
  • Do people from this generation (late 2000's & the early 2010's) know this Obscure film?

You can argue with the last point and bring an example with Space Paranoids from Tron appearing as a world in Kingdom Hearts II and how not many people who were born in the mid to late 1990's and early 2000's didn't know about the film until they started watching it after playing KH2.

I'm siding with Launchpad here.
Though that spot could go to WIR if by some miracle it isn't the world set for Union.
I think Wreck-It Ralph still has a chance to be a world we even got a thread based on this. As to where we visit it, I personally see it as a mid-game world instead of having it as an early or last set world, cause the Ralph summoning link seems like you get him either after the first set (Olympus, Toy Box and Monstropolis) or during the middle set of worlds. I would be surprised if it took Princess and the Frog's spot.

Last edited:

mytomxxx

I doubt, if they are going to appear will be in a cameo trough the gummi missions. I'm not sad tho, didn't like the movie that much.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I still hope Treasure Planet, Wall-E, and Lilo and Stitch will appear in Gummi Ship missions. It’d be nice to make the lanes between more connected to the Disney universe.

mytomxxx

I still hope Treasure Planet, Wall-E, and Lilo and Stitch will appear in Gummi Ship missions. It’d be nice to make the lanes between more connected to the Disney universe.

I hope it, would be cool, but I really doubt.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
This is the one game i would not mind DLC to be added Il pay 5 dollars for a new world and adventure

Megavoltage

Awards
This is the one game i would not mind DLC to be added Il pay 5 dollars for a new world and adventure
I'm in the same boat. I never buy DLC, if I know a game will have it I'll just wait for the complete edition a year or two later. But KH3 gets all my money right away no matter what, I'll buy anything, I'm a junkie, give me more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back