• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Sora dislike how kairi looked in kh2? Might have spoilers.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

Blackberi
What i mean is He does looks like he cares about her throughout game and the ending scene, and even after the ending scene(when he goes to the secret place), but at the reunioun scene he seems to not like her or miss her at all. Thats why i said this is not a SoraxKairi stuff.
Why are they doing that ? (you know the ones who make the game).
Its confusing
SoraxNamine, SoraxRiku, Sorax....
Why does someone have to get... hurt? If SoraxKairi happens, SoraxRiku fans would not like. If SoraxRiku happened, SoraxKairi fans would not like... Maybe thats the reason they are making new chars. :D
Blackberi i just dont get what u mean by saying "you don't make Sora seem like he doesn't care for the girl (the reunion scene/Roxas and Namine scene) when you're trying to push the fact that he DOES care for her throughout the entire game(s)." Do you mean me? Im not pushing the fact that he cares... im sayin it seems like he does, but at the reunion, whe he gets to see her for the first time in the game, he doesnt look like that sora anymore. Im sorry if i got what u said wrong.

-I know ppl might think that if i dont speak english well, i shouldnt be here, but i had to ask it here, it was the only way i would get good answers. And I did. Thanks everyone.-

Seraph
She had a short skirt before, she had boobs, smaller, but boobs, before, her hair colour is that different? I think its more evident how its longer. Zipperz...
Is kinda funny how guys and girls reply to this. xD.

Impart, Davrax
No fair, that scene is he starting to look startled (is that even possible?) x-x

HeartSeams
That would make more sense. They should have dubbed it differently .-.

Thanks for all the answers.
Again sorry for my english, still learning :D

Last edited:

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Hi, you speak Spanish?
my English is so bad too, sorry xD

I don't think he's disappointed, but when he seeing her was when he really became aware of all the time he was away, all the time that she had been waiting for. That's why then he just look to left and says "i'm sorry ..."

PD: in Japanese he sounds much happy to see her than in English.

[video=youtube;y6W91mwlWvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6W91mwlWvA[/video]

Yeah, but another thing to consider is that Sora had been asleep for almost a year. I guess he was just stunned to see her look like that considering he wasn't aware that a year had passed since he, Jiminy, Donald, and Goofy had been asleep for so many months.

By the way, I know some Spanish, but not enough to say I know it.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
To be honest, I found that scene confusing when I first played the game too. The way he said, "You are different, Kairi," sounded like he was continuing a conversation that he'd had with somebody before, but he wasn't, he was just greeting her. (LOL, maybe Haley Joel Osment didn't know what to make of that line either!) I think HeartSeams' post does the best job of clearing up the issue; thanks for telling us about the original Japanese line! So, basically, I agree with what everyone else is saying: he does care about Kairi, but he was surprised by how different she looked and that was his awkward reaction.

Plus, while he might have been daydreaming about her in Halloween Town and Port Royal, those were his own, private thoughts, and he got embarassed as soon as Donald and Goofy started to catch on to how he was feeling. So when Kairi suddenly glomped him in front of everybody, that probably just made him feel even more confused. He's a teenage boy who's starting to realize that his feelings for a childhood friend are different than they used to be, so it's natural that he'd feel awkward around her.

Why are they doing that ? (you know the ones who make the game).
Its confusing
SoraxNamine, SoraxRiku, Sorax....
Why does someone have to get... hurt? If SoraxKairi happens, SoraxRiku fans would not like. If SoraxRiku happened, SoraxKairi fans would not like... Maybe thats the reason they are making new chars. :D

It's not really the gamemakers' fault, and it happens in every book/movie/video game/television show/comic book/etc. that has a large fandom. As long as a story contains multiple characters who care about each other, there will be people who want to put them in romantic relationships. In the case of Kingdom Hearts, none of the favorite "couples" have started dating or kissing, so none of them are considered canon yet. I think the closest that the game ever came to that was when Zack asked Aqua out on a date in BBS, and she turned him down.

But yes, if Sora falls in love with Kairi, Sora/Riku fans will be upset (unless they also like Sora/Kairi). If Sora declares love to Riku, Sora/Kairi fans will be upset (again, unless they also like Sora/Riku). And if Nomura decides that he's not going to have Sora fall in love with anyone officially, then the Sora/Kairi shippers and Sora/Riku shippers will do battle until the end of time. But that's the way it goes. There's not too much that the fans can do about it.

Blackberi i just dont get what u mean by saying "you don't make Sora seem like he doesn't care for the girl (the reunion scene/Roxas and Namine scene) when you're trying to push the fact that he DOES care for her throughout the entire game(s)." Do you mean me? Im not pushing the fact that he cares... im sayin it seems like he does, but at the reunion, whe he gets to see her for the first time in the game, he doesnt look like that sora anymore. Im sorry if i got what u said wrong.

No, I think Blackberi's talking about the people who wrote the games. She wants to know why they made it look like Sora loved Kairi when he daydreamed about them dancing together, and then reacted with confusion when Kairi actually hugged him. She's not blaming you for anything.

-I know ppl might think that if i dont speak english well, i shouldnt be here, but i had to ask it here, it was the only way i would get good answers. And I did. Thanks everyone.-

Don't worry about it; we know that English isn't everybody's first language. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask, and we'll try to answer them as best as we can. :)

Riku looked different and he didn't mind that.
He didn't mind that at all.

Well, he didn't even know he was looking at Riku until Kairi showed him. And after that, it was pretty obvious that Riku was ashamed of his appearance, so that's probably why Sora and Kairi didn't comment on it much.

blackberi

honestly, I don't think he disliked it at all. He was just surprised. Like you said, he went through the whole game imagining her as one way only to find out she had changed. I believe in Japanese the line is an expression that (awkwardly sounding in english) goes like "No matter the face, it's Kairi!" Which basically means, even if she changed appearance wise, she was still the Kairi he remembered and cared about. So, yeah. He liked her just fine.

Ah, I've always wondered what he said in Japanese but could never find the scene with subtitles, thanks for that. That does make it seem a lot better.

Not blaming you at all, or saying what you said is wrong either. ;P I'm just annoyed at the gamemakers to be honest. I'm also incredibly confused about the scene as well, it doesn't make sense how he seems so uncaring of her.

Sorry

Blackberi
yeah sorry i got it wrong, i read it again, and with organization_42's and your help i got what u meant, again sorry xD.

But i wouldn't mind if you were blaming me, I just know that this stuff is kinda hard to talk about, because i know there are some ppl that do not like sora and kairi together, and i dont want them to feel as if i'm saying kairi and sora should end up together or anything.
And you are confused as i am, so what i said made some sense?! Yay.
Thank you for you answer.

Organization_42
Yeah, im starting to get it, he felt awkward, there were a lot of ppl staring and all. But still... I just imagined he would run and asks if shes fine, you know, he tought she was with ansem, i mean xehanorts heartless, or something like that xD, she was kidnapped like twice? She was with organization xiii! C'mon he didnt ask her once if she was ok! And he already knew his feelings towards her. Do you Remember kh1 beginning? He drew the paopu fruit when he was at secret place.

The sora at the reunion looks completely different from the sora at the ending scene, that almost cries talking to kairi (and there were a lot of ppl there too). (maybe because he was back at his home world) and even shows her that star thing she made and gave him to bring back to her.

I first saw the kh2 ending (cuz i thought I wouldn't finish it) and when i saw it, i thought that was the first time they were seeing each other or even getting close to each other. So when i saw that reunion scene, i was surprised he acted like that.

I have no doubt that he cares about her, but i was afraid that her new looks might have disappointed him and made him stopping loving her...

Thanks for helping me understand what blackberi said and for understanding that i dont speak english well.
And I know this thing of romantic couples happens A LOT. But its kinda sad, because fans start to battle, and someone ends up sad...
Lets say harry potter-MIGHT HAVE SPOILERS-
some ppl wanted hermione to be with harry, other fans wanted hermione to be with rony. Some fans ended up sad.

Xiolio_Tiessa628
Yes he had been asleep for a year... but how could he not realize that? He grew a lot. Did He think everything would be normal with him beeing alway for a year? Well maybe he did, we're talking about sora here ¬¬. But Donald did not seem surprised.

Thanks for all the answers.

Btw i saw the video again, and i realized something i didn't before (at least i don't remember realizing that). Sora and Kairi are huggin, then Riku makes a portal, and sora stops the hug to talk to xehanorts heartless, but he keeps his right hand on kairi's shoulders for some time :D. Omg this scene is so confuse xD

The way sora acted its just not the way i expected... The way he acted towards (dunno if this expression is correct.. dunno if anything here is correct lol) Riku seemed more right. He showed Riku he had been worried and looking for him everywhere.

Thanks for the answers, for having a hard time trying to understand what i write and for beeing so nice to me you all :D Oh and as i said, if you want to correct something i spelled or anything wrong, its okay, i dont mind and i appreciate. Just dont be mean xD. Im learning not only about kh, but english too :D yay.

tomasmccann
Lol.

HallsthEien

Hi, I found a video that could clarify some doubts;)

[video=youtube;zwKpyW5XDxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKpyW5XDxg[/video]

And well, the situations of Riku and Kairi were totally different, Sora knew Kairi was okay, but about Riku he had no idea even if he was alive. It's very reasonable that he cry for his lost friend, because they are practically brothers.

Last edited:

Sorry

HallsthEein
Woa thanks a lot.
I knew they saw each other a few moments before. And its funny the scene when heartless jumps on him, then he says " get off" , and they do xD (as far as i remember seeing on youtube).

He does look happy, and i dont have a doubt about Kairi happiness.
But, why at the reunion didnt he just run to her, as he did at the ending? It seemed her different looks was the problem.

But as I said, look, when he talks to Ansem(Riku), his right hand, it stays on kairi's shoulder :D

That video really helped, thanks a looooot :DDD.

Edit
Actually he didnt know kairi was ok. Kairi was kidnapped, and was with organization xiii. '-' That doesnt seem okay. And i understand he crying about riku, i just dont understand how awkward he acts when he gets close to kairi and her "different looks"

Last edited:

HallsthEien

haha, no problem ;)

An Well....if you analyze it from the Sora's point of view, your best friend is different from the person you love in many ways. Even if your friend changes in appearance don't matter much, but with the person you love might you not know how to treat, especially if it is a girl. When Sora leave Kairi on the islands her was still a child, and now (although only spent one year.... how the hell they grew both???) she looks more like a woman. As his feelings for her started from they were kids, he felt a little strange to realize that their childish feelings are more mature now. Besides the fact of guilt for leaving her so much time waiting.

You realized that Sora couldn't kept none of his promises?
He didn't return with Kairi and couldn't take care for her as promised to Riku. Must be very hard for him.

That's what I think;)

Last edited:

HallsthEien

Edit
Actually he didnt know kairi was ok. Kairi was kidnapped, and was with organization xiii. '-' That doesnt seem okay. And i understand he crying about riku, i just dont understand how awkward he acts when he gets close to kairi and her "different looks"

But he saw her okay before, in the moment when the Heartless attack him in the video :O
also, when he saw Riku into Ansem's body must have felt really bad for him.

I found other video xD as seen here, Sora wants to go to meet with Kairi :3
[video=youtube;HdaKkqllaSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdaKkqllaSE&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Sorry

But he saw her okay before, in the moment when the Heartless attack him in the video :O
also, when he saw Riku into Ansem's body must have felt really bad for him.

I found other video xD as seen here, Sora wants to go to meet with Kairi :3

He saw her okay, then she was attacked by a bunch of heartless. D: That's still not okay. That's why he hurried up to get to her. But when he did, he just said "You look different" duh.He sees her after a year and thats the first thing he has to say? And he wanted to get to her, and when he did, he just stares at her. xD Even Donald was better, saying "Kairi, you were great"

Btw, Kairi isn't useless, did u see that jump? D: I dont know how someone who jumps and fight like that, was just kidnapped by axel like she was. (she's at TTown and axel grabs her by the hand and the only thing she does is say let me go lol)

Edit
Oh and thanks a lot for that video, it is nice, it shows how sora wanted to get to kairi even after seeing her. Thanks ^^.

Last edited:

HallsthEien

I would have liked more if Sora was more emotional in their reunion, but him has always been a bit clumsy when it comes to Kairi xD

I love Kairi, and I don't understand why the people call she useless only because she don't fight or just because it is at the forefront of the action. She is very important in the series, and has done more things to characters such as Roxas (I love him too, but it's only a argument character).

she is a princess of heart that have a keyblade and a Nobody, can be someone more special than she? xD

Sorry

Yeah i wished he was more emotional... he acted as if he didnt like her looks or something like that. Even without the voices, what he did, i mean, he just stared at her. Sure he did hug her back, but it would have been nice if he acted at the reunion the way he did in the ending. Remember? He ran to kairi all happy. That Sora from the reunion seems like another Sora. The Sora from the ending is completely different. Or maybe im crazy D:.
He cries, give her the star thing. And even gasps. Is that the word? He goes We-We're back.

I dont think kairi is useless, she is one of the princess needed. But thats something i dont really like about disney, princess... But thats another story.

But the sora in the ending is more emotional, that scene is really cool.

But the video you posted helped... maybe he didn't dislike her new looks at all. But the way he acts in the reunion confuses me.
Thanks for replying :D

HallsthEien

yes, you're quite right. When he saw her in the islands at the end ran like crazy xD
I would like that their first meeting had been just like that.

But considering the above, when he first saw she, him still not kept his promise , I might be wrong but I think he was embarrassed of himself, but when returned to the islands felt more comfortable because had finally fulfilled.

this is clearly demonstrated because him does not forget return her lucky charm <3

captain

Bronze Member
Riku looked different and he didn't mind that.
He didn't mind that at all.

Edit: Yeah, he was so happy finding Riku all night long.

Shut up

yes. yes he did

zzzzzzsorasanass.jpg

Clearly he can sense she has been sleeping with Selphie

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Organization_42
Yeah, im starting to get it, he felt awkward, there were a lot of ppl staring and all. But still... I just imagined he would run and asks if shes fine, you know, he tought she was with ansem, i mean xehanorts heartless, or something like that xD, she was kidnapped like twice? She was with organization xiii! C'mon he didnt ask her once if she was ok! And he already knew his feelings towards her. Do you Remember kh1 beginning? He drew the paopu fruit when he was at secret place.

You know, you're right, he really should have asked her if she was okay. But in all fairness to Kairi, Sora never really says that to anybody. When he thinks he's reuniting with Namine, he tells her how glad he is to see her and how he's been looking for her, but does he ever ask her if she's okay or hug her or ask if she's been hurt by the Org? Nope. When he sees Riku again in KH2, he cries and asks why Riku never bothered to let him know that he was okay...so I guess that means he assumes that Riku was okay the whole time. He never really asks his friends that question, which makes him look a little insensitive, but it's probably just that he's so relieved to see them alive and relatively unharmed that he doesn't think to ask.

The sora at the reunion looks completely different from the sora at the ending scene, that almost cries talking to kairi (and there were a lot of ppl there too). (maybe because he was back at his home world) and even shows her that star thing she made and gave him to bring back to her.

I think you're right; it was because he was back in his home world. In the World That Never Was, while he did shed a few tears around Riku, he was still largely preoccupied with trying to bring down Organization XIII. He still had to worry about his friends and how they were all going to get out alive. When he finally got home and saw Kairi, he knew that his troubles were over and probably just felt relieved that they were all together and safe.

Thanks for helping me understand what blackberi said and for understanding that i dont speak english well.
And I know this thing of romantic couples happens A LOT. But its kinda sad, because fans start to battle, and someone ends up sad...
Lets say harry potter-MIGHT HAVE SPOILERS-
some ppl wanted hermione to be with harry, other fans wanted hermione to be with rony. Some fans ended up sad.

Yeah, it is sad, but I don't think it's really the author's fault, especially in the case with Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling always gave the impression, from Book 4 onwards, that Hermione loved Ron. It's not her fault that fans tried to twist her words into supporting the couple they wanted. As long as people remember that they're dealing with the love lives of fictional characters and it's not worth throwing a huge fit over, then there's no harm in shipping, at least IMO. Take Twilight, for example. I always knew that the canon couple would be Edward/Bella, but that didn't stop me from shipping Jacob/Bella even though I knew that Jacob would lose. And my favorite Kingdom Hearts pairing is Demyx/Kairi, but they've obviously never met officially and it's never going to happen. I just think they'd make a really nice couple. For me, it's all about enjoying the "what if" scenario, not about who wins or who loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back