• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
Re: Official Crisis Core Discussion Thread

I got my playstation magazine yesterday and it talked about Crisis Core, like a little about some of the characters. Oh US version will get a Hard mode that japanese version don't have. :)

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Crisis Core Confirmed for PAL Territories
Final Fantasy VII spin-off lands in Spring.
by Maritn Robinson, IGN UK

UK, January 16, 2008 - EU-based Square Enix fans may want to take a seat because it was revealed today that Crisis Core - the PSP follow-up to the original PSOne FFVII that represents everyone's favourite way to kill 70 hours of their life - is being released this Spring. Which is near enough the same time it will be unleashed in US stores.

European gamers are used to waiting prolonged periods for Square Enix games to drip through other territories. Final Fantasy XII for the PS2 took a year to wind its way here, with Americans getting the game some five months before their EU brethren, and the imminent FFXI spin-off - Revenant Wings on the DS - has also been subject to a prolonged journey to these shores, with the EU release coming out three months after the US version. But this latest move is hopefully an indication that Square Enix is taking European territories more seriously and fingers crossed the trend of near-simultaneous release dates is something that will continue.

The US release of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core has been dated as 25 March, so we can expect the EU version soon after.

Source: IGN: Crisis Core Confirmed for PAL Territories

Looking good. If the release dates are close together, a lot of people will be pleased. It's bad enough I had half a year on FFXII and KH2.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

My b-day is next month, and i asked only for money. i will get a psp with it, and reserve crisis core

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for the saddest FF game of all time. I wonder if the game that takes place after DoC is going to be this depressing. I can actually picture Genesis killing Cloud or Vincent.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for the saddest FF game of all time. I wonder if the game that takes place after DoC is going to be this depressing. I can actually picture Genesis killing Cloud or Vincent.

it takes place before the original FF7.

Puck

^Gee, no kidding. I was saying if they make a game that is after DoC, I was wondering if it will be as sad as Crisis Core.

Ansem Darkheart

Have any of you guys seen the youtube vid or any of the screens with Minerva? She is some how connected to Genesis. She looks like a character out of Valkyrie Profile. She gets her name from the Roman Goddess of War and Wisdom, the Greek equivilent is Athena.

Anyways I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this new character. I have a theory that relates her to Jenova....

Puck

She's new but not entirely. In FFVII and AC we see her statue in some places. She's the goddess of the planet. She is the planet.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

I cant wait cause i believe this game is coming out the week of my schools spring break so i will so get this on the day it makes it into stores.

DragonLord

but its gonna be in japanese reminds me of kh2 fm but that was cool even though i could not read the ritting

PKKzelfar

Should i buy Crisis Core?

Hey guys...i just got a PSP
and i gotta choose a game...BBS is sitll not in
and there r many other games that are good, but i wanna buy Crisis Core
Can sumbody tell me the good points of the game?, i'm choosing between it
and Naruto, give me the good points of the game and the bad points pls.
and anyway GENESIS ROCKS!!!!!

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Re: Should i buy Crisis Core?

Uh...

Good point: It's not Naruto.

Seriously, though, this game is a lot better than the same old same old Naruto fodder.

DJ GloriX

Awards
Website
alayness.deviantart.com

It's a question I'm asking myself to the whole time xD
I would go for any FF game than Naruto, that's one point.
But Crisis Core, hmmm..yes, the game has VOICE acting, cool effects, nice gameplay, awesome hot characters, but you really must be a FF7 lover (In wich I am not) , but still I would go for Crisis core!
Use the force : D

IDX Rider

I'll get it. Hoping it's not as boring as the original FFVII. Besides, I've had my PSP for 2 or 3 years now and I only have 2 games for it. One I got in October. Besides BBS, there really isn't any other games to look forward to. I hope this one doesn't disappoint.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

dude, if you take naruto instead of crisis core then with no doubt you're an idiot
and i suggest that you wait for the US release ----> 1 month 8 days left for that

Macabre

Gold Member

I'll get it. Hoping it's not as boring as the original FFVII. Besides, I've had my PSP for 2 or 3 years now and I only have 2 games for it. One I got in October. Besides BBS, there really isn't any other games to look forward to. I hope this one doesn't disappoint.

ffvii isn't boring.and crisis core has recieved positive reception.why will it dissapoint?and psp has a lot of cool games.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards

Good Points:
1) It's got an original new battle system.
2) It retains the original FF7 music, but tweaks it into our modern world.
3) The graphics are amazing for the PSP.
4) You get to venture the FF7 world in a new style.
5) Cloud is in it.
6) The story is deeper than Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children.
7) It uncovers the truth behind some of the most curious elements from the other FF7s.
8) It has short side missions to keep you busy when you cant afford long hours of play.

I cant think of any bad points other than maybe it has very difficult side missions. I think you should get the game. I will get definitely get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back