• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could KH3 possibly look like this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
This. The CGI cutscenes wouldn't be special to us if the whole game was it.

As true as this is, if all CGI cutscenes were possible and not outrageously difficult to do, people would complain that they got cheated out of all CGI cutscenes if it was very plausible.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I am one of these people. My game choices are souly based on plot line and then graphics. If your game is younger than the year 2000 and has crappy graphics, I'm sorry but I will not buy your game.

KH3 will be a Square-Enix epidemic (when it's finally released). Who knows- by the time it is released SONY could have a whole new console out and it could be on that platform only (I wouldn'tput it past them *Cough* KH:DDD, BBS *cough*).

But yes; I feel that the cut scene graphics will be similar or maybe even better than the BBS ending cut scene.
Game play however I do not think it will change too much from the graphics of KH2, as incorporating so much detail into characters and scenery that gamers will want to either a) fly through or b) interact well with and have smooth play is kind of pointless as it will take longer for the game to release and will make it hard for the programmers to animate the characters and give the player free-will over their actions.

These are my feels, add your own.

I miss the cartoon-styled animation that we used to see in Bambi and all of the other Disney movies. Although, having somebody drawing the cartoons and storyboards would take way too much time.

kupo1121

Awards

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I doubt it though. Final Fantasy and KH have a different graphic style. Final Fantasy games can have a more realistic style, but Kingdom Hearts has to keep a cartoonish feel to it. If you make Sora and the other original characters with FFXIII graphics then they would seem out of place with the Disney characters. So it has to be a mix, and I think the picture of Terra above shows a pretty good mix of the two styles.
This. The issue has been in debate for years. I think the original stuff is a toss-up but Square will probably use whatever tech they have to make the Disney worlds look more like they did in the movies than the simplified environments the games have so far. This makes for a lot more detail and lighting, bigger rooms naturally, and maybe charcoal effect for Snow White and/or Figaro(assuming they're in KH3). Basically, they dont change the art style completely-it's still the same, but they retool it significantly. The Disney worlds would be easiest for that cuz of the aforementioned, and they can use that as a basis for how much the original characters and settings can be changed.

Pretty much this.
The Days HD content are the only real thing being constructed for use on a PS3, so the graphics there should be the closest we will get to KH 3

A flawed theory. Days is being remade that way because it's easier and cheaper than retooling the art style. They're just reusing the things they already have with higher polygon count and textures. Basically, they're doing the minimum required for HD and instead focusing on the scenes and animations. Also, it's worked on as part of a package; a new KH game would get more attention from the developers.

Edit: For comparison.
Game
Kingdom-Hearts-Birth-by-Sleep-Review-Snow-White.jpg

Movie Notice how while it's no FFXIII there is a lot more detail, lighting, and other things. this is from the 2009 restoration, which is most recent. If the colors arent as vibrant, it's because of the lighting.

Edit: I'm just uploading the photo.

Edit: Here it is.

photos_stream
558893_510258892320349_1166158265_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Seeing cg equivalent graphics at all times would look kinda weird for kingdom hearts if you get what I mean. The cartoony style in all KH games is what keeps its visual attraction for me. Seeing it also has to stay the way due to the Disney characters and what not, but of course it has to be a big improvement from ps2 graphics.

kupo1121

Awards
I'd want something like this, not a lot of detail, but cartoon like and has smooth HD

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I thought that the CGI cutscenes in KH2 were pretty close to that. I mean, sure the characters looked a little like plastic, but they could probably fix that up by giving a little more detail and not as much shine on the character's surfaces.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I thought that the CGI cutscenes in KH2 were pretty close to that. I mean, sure the characters looked a little like plastic, but they could probably fix that up by giving a little more detail and not as much shine on the character's surfaces.

We all need to remember that the CGI sequence was made in 2005, with tools from 04-05. That's 7-9 year old technology. We know have the knowledge and modern tools to pull something that looks better then KH2's ending without ruining the animation and style of Disney. It will blend. Also alot of this stuff factors into what Nomura decides to put into the game from the movies, cartoons, and shows.

kupo1121

Awards
We all need to remember that the CGI sequence was made in 2005, with tools from 04-05. That's 7-9 year old technology. We know have the knowledge and modern tools to pull something that looks better then KH2's ending without ruining the animation and style of Disney. It will blend. Also alot of this stuff factors into what Nomura decides to put into the game from the movies, cartoons, and shows.

No doubt getting that quality will be much easier nowadays, but I don't think they should go much higher than that quality is what I was saying. Anymore realistic would start to look odd for the Disney characters.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Nah I expect it to look like Mickey Philharmagic touched up of course with the current FFXIII/Versus esque graphics. We can hope they pull that off. And to anyone saying what they did with Days is what they'll do for KH3, that's a bad argument. 358/2 Days HD was made like that to keep consistent with the rest of the collection. They could have easily FMVed that game, but production costs and what not. Anyways KH3 will most likely be basically this.....

PHILH_1_998.jpg

Plus this

vanille_ff13_hot_481.jpg

and this

finalfantasyversusxiii_01.jpg

kupo1121

Awards
Nah I expect it to look like Mickey Philharmagic touched up of course with the current FFXIII/Versus esque graphics.

I always like Philharmagic, but I always thought the characters looked like clay, and I'm not sure if that is a step in the right or wrong direction from plastic lol xP

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'd want something like this, not a lot of detail, but cartoon like and has smooth HD

Spoiler Spoiler Show
That's a little different. Each Disney movie has a different art style, so while some original might look something like that, it's hard to say for the whole game.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
They were sort of plastic-y; I found it creepy as well.

That's because the ending cinematic was really poor CGI. Atleast compared to other Square CGI. The quality I want if they end up doing it is what Advent Children looks like. That is some of the best CGI I've ever seen, was in awe 1080p 10bit bluray. Amazing. It's either perfection or terrible when it comes to CGI. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/xSkbi.jpg

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I don't understand why people complain about the Disney characters. Do they look bad in KHII and DDD? Noo...What's this 'if they', they already have and we already know how it looks.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't say KH3D's CG style was "poor". It was a different stylistic approach to doing the shading, and it fit the whole storybook + 3D feel Visual Works was trying to go for. SE has hit the point where they can get realistic but honestly the company needs to start taking a creative twist on things sometimes.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy also had a more unique CG style, which was a nice breath of fresh air from the typical realistic look most recent Final Fantasy games have.

Awards
I think the graphical style will remain the same, but look a little smoother and more polished. The reason why it wouldn't look right for the entire game to resemble the CGI scenes is because of the human Disney characters. The in-game graphics are made to look more cartoony so the main original and FF characters can fit in with the human Disney characters. In CGI Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc. are made to look more 'real'. They would look totally out of place and awkward if the graphics resembled that and they were with a character like Peter Pan or Ariel, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back