• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could KH3 possibly look like this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

This is an early screen of Terra from way back before BBS was even announced.

Obviously the grapics are more PS3 than they are the PS2 graphics KH has used forever.

Do you think this picture is pretty close to the kind of grapics we'll see in KH3?

I think the skin texture in the picture would match pretty well the texture they'll have to use for the Disney characters.

So what do you think?

Smithee

Awards
It'll most likely just look like FFXIII, but with HD Disney characters.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It'll most likely just look like FFXIII, but with HD Disney characters.

I doubt it though. Final Fantasy and KH have a different graphic style. Final Fantasy games can have a more realistic style, but Kingdom Hearts has to keep a cartoonish feel to it. If you make Sora and the other original characters with FFXIII graphics then they would seem out of place with the Disney characters. So it has to be a mix, and I think the picture of Terra above shows a pretty good mix of the two styles.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It would be cool if KH3 looked like that, but if it did I can honestly see myself spending most of the game just looking at how BEAUTIFUL the graphics are.

I doubt it though. Final Fantasy and KH have a different graphic style. Final Fantasy games can have a more realistic style, but Kingdom Hearts has to keep a cartoonish feel to it. If you make Sora and the other original characters with FFXIII graphics then they would seem out of place with the Disney characters. So it has to be a mix, and I think the picture of Terra above shows a pretty good mix of the two styles.
I like the idea of having a mix of both styles, but saying that I like the style we already have. Maybe we could just have the current style revamped?

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
It would be cool if KH3 looked like that, but if it did I can honestly see myself spending most of the game just looking at how BEAUTIFUL the graphics are.

I am one of these people. My game choices are souly based on plot line and then graphics. If your game is younger than the year 2000 and has crappy graphics, I'm sorry but I will not buy your game.

KH3 will be a Square-Enix epidemic (when it's finally released). Who knows- by the time it is released SONY could have a whole new console out and it could be on that platform only (I wouldn'tput it past them *Cough* KH:DDD, BBS *cough*).

But yes; I feel that the cut scene graphics will be similar or maybe even better than the BBS ending cut scene.
Game play however I do not think it will change too much from the graphics of KH2, as incorporating so much detail into characters and scenery that gamers will want to either a) fly through or b) interact well with and have smooth play is kind of pointless as it will take longer for the game to release and will make it hard for the programmers to animate the characters and give the player free-will over their actions.

These are my feels, add your own.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
KH3 will like it always has, but with a higher polygon count and greater quality textures.

There's no reason to change the art style.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
At this point we really have no idea. But they're most likely making it on the same engine XIII, XIII-2, LR:XIII and Versus are made on. Which means it will have a similar graphical quality, only with the standard Kingdom Hearts art style.

Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts were both based on the same engine more or less, so I would expect a similar difference between FFXIII and KH3.

Below aren't exactly the best of examples, but they might give us an idea:

tidus-yuna-ss-liki.jpg

khhd-sora-riku-kairi-destiny-islands.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing character models like the ones from the secret endings. I think the best example is what we'll see in 358/2 Days Theater. Higher polygon count, better textures, better lighting.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As stated above, I don't think there is anything that is a good representation of what KH3 will exactly look like, but I think the closest will get is the HD remixes. I think we should expect something between the HD remixes and the BbS secret ending. While it will be no doubt that the cutscenes will be able to have the secret ending quality, I cannot see the the gameplay looking the same.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I am one of these people. My game choices are souly based on plot line and then graphics. If your game is younger than the year 2000 and has crappy graphics, I'm sorry but I will not buy your game.

Souly? Like, if a game doesn't have a story you won't play it? And you put graphics second? Gameplay is nowhere in your decisions?

That's sad.

While it will be no doubt that the cutscenes will be able to have the secret ending quality, I cannot see the the gameplay looking the same.

KH uses real time cutscenes most of the time. I really doubt that that'll change. I can maybe see a few key scenes being prerendered in the CGI FF-esque style of Another Side/Another Story and Birth By Sleep, but the idea that they'd do that to every cutscene is a bit... outrageous.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'd love it to have it have the style of the KH2 Secret ending, it's been my favorite scene for as long as I can remember. It made the actual BBS cut scene feel so underwhelming. Either way I'd be happy, but I would be ecstatic if KH3 had that style. Will it happen though? I don't think it will

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think the best example is what we'll see in 358/2 Days Theater. Higher polygon count, better textures, better lighting.
Pretty much this.
The Days HD content are the only real thing being constructed for use on a PS3, so the graphics there should be the closest we will get to KH 3

Michael

No, It will be an upgraded rate of the PS2.

You know what would be sweet?

CGI Cutscenes.

State

Awards
Like I've said before:
My expectations as to how KH3 would look like is KH3D with upgraded textures and HD.

The thought of playing an entire game with the same image quality as the CGI scenes doesn't seem very appealing. :/

Narveid

Kingdom Hearts has a special art style, doubt they are going to change it too much, specially something as huge a change as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back