• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cosplay and costume thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Really appreciate it. :) I'm gonna try my best (even though everything I touch turns out sucky)

It's also for a convention, not halloween :) (not really celebrated around here ;) )

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Really appreciate it. :) I'm gonna try my best (even though everything I touch turns out sucky)

It's also for a convention, not halloween :) (not really celebrated around here ;) )
Even better!! :D Definitely feel free to post your progress. I suggest getting some of it out of the way as soon as possible so you don't scramble the week before like I usually do. u___u"""

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also! I forgot to mention with the makeup stuff! Remover!

You should be able to take it all off with make up remover wipes and cold cream facial cleanser, and a warm shower, etc.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
So I've been growing out my beard and then suddenly

tumblr_mso7zfozwI1qdt1y7o1_1280.png

I have a new cosplay goal.

I'd totes be the EDI to your Joker...

but seriously, that's amazing *u*

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vxqi2Bhp1t7eSr7i5ZnyjkzJqgTwrGeStr7lmi816sE/edit

So I'm deciding between 7 different heels for my Rarity cosplay. I'm thinking purple, to match the wig and whatever purple will be on my dress [still deciding on that, too, but I'm thinking this one here]
and then probably getting a petticoat just to make it poof out a liiiittle more.

I have everything I am interested or looking at in that google doc along with aaaaall the stuff for previous and current and future cosplays if anyone's interested. I think it's somewhat useful for anyone looking to do anything I'm doing? It's kinda messy so I apologize hahaha.

But yes, after I buy the ears and horn, I'm going to be looking into buying the heels... I just don't know which ones! ;A;

Any advice and/or opinions?

edit: Narrowed down to three now.
edit edit: picked the purple shoes and bought them last night. uwu

Her pony ears and horn will be next. *w*

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
So I officially bought pieces for my Makoto Tachibana cosplay. It's happening.

Right now I've got the swimsuit and green circle lenses from pinky paradise. Now I've got the wig and swim jacket left.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I officially bought pieces for my Makoto Tachibana cosplay. It's happening.

Right now I've got the swimsuit and green circle lenses from pinky paradise. Now I've got the wig and swim jacket left.
I approve of this so freaking hard oh my god.

Side note, I decided to go with the purple ones linked in my document for Rarity and the white ones will be the ones I use for Princess Dagger. I may get the shoes first just to make sure I get them for that price. Yaya Han or whoever I go with aren't going to stop making the ears and horns anytime soon.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Glad you picked those purple heels. I enjoyed those.

I'm thinking of getting a buttercup wig from Arda for Makoto but I've never ordered from them. Are they any good?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Glad you picked those purple heels. I enjoyed those.

I'm thinking of getting a buttercup wig from Arda for Makoto but I've never ordered from them. Are they any good?
I swear by Arda Wigs. They're extremely fast with shipping, never had a problem. I have bought like 5 from there and I was happy with all of them. I can't vouch for Buttercup specifically but it is a popular wig, I know that. You'll probably have to style the bangs [that is if you want bangs, but i vote bangs] yourself with that one. I have the sample color ring if you want my opinion on which color to go with as well, but their pictures are preeeetty true to life.

But I will say this: These wigs are quality and especially for their price. They're very full, they test all of them and have literally all details you need, heat resistant wigs are so much easier to work with, etcetcetc.

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I know I want to go with the light brown color shown here. I wasn't sure about bangs at first but you think I should use bangs?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know I want to go with the light brown color shown here. I wasn't sure about bangs at first but you think I should use bangs?
I think so, since he has bangs. You can do like side swoopy bangs that are kinda parted to the side or something but yeah. I don't know hair cut terms so forgive me. .___.""

But yes, that warm light brown would be perfect. *w*

You can either attach the bangs to the wig [I don't know exactly how to do this but it's really a matter of sewing or gluing [I would suggest sewing.] and styling it then] but you can just cut some bangs into it as well. Also, I suggest getting their conditioning spray while you're ordering. It's fantastic stuff and since the wig is long, you probably want a wide tooth comb to carry with you when you're wearing it just to keep it straight and not fuzzy at the ends [this happens from rubbing on clothes and swishing around all over, unavoidable, really.] just to keep you lookin' fab. uwu

edit:
Makoto_Tachibana_anime.png

Soooo probably a side part, with choppy bangs. Nothing too short. Like I see it as having long hair in the back in a pony tail [don't go too high with the buttercup I know it isn't meant for pony tails [but they do have a wig that is.] so probably a mid to low pony tail here?] with the choppy bangs in front. I think that'd be adorbs. uwu

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I was thinking about the Jeannie wig since one of my cosplay idols swears on it. But I didn't really want to do a pony tail since Makoto is such an easy going guy. I think he would just have his hair out and about being fab as always :3

I may just have to cut up the bangs a little bit (since I'm used to cutting hair and knowing how to deal with it: mom used to be a hairstylist for Mariah Carey and Patty Labelle) but I may like it as is once I get the wig. Who knows? Ferrari and Eowyn already have bangs. But I think Eowyn might be a tad bit too long?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was thinking about the Jeannie wig since one of my cosplay idols swears on it. But I didn't really want to do a pony tail since Makoto is such an easy going guy. I think he would just have his hair out and about being fab as always :3

I may just have to cut up the bangs a little bit (since I'm used to cutting hair and knowing how to deal with it: mom used to be a hairstylist for Mariah Carey and Patty Labelle) but I may like it as is once I get the wig. Who knows? Ferrari and Eowyn already have bangs. But I think Eowyn might be a tad bit too long?
I have two Ferrari wigs and they're like mid back before straightening. Makoto doesn't really have curls though, so you prolly wanna go with Eowyn if you go with that. Eowyn is essentially a straight version of Ferrari.

Jeannie I have yet to see myself but it seems great for Sailor Jupiter, or Sasha or Hanji from SNK.

But yeah if you got Eowyn it'd be a bit of simple styling then more than cutting off a lot of hair instead. The bangs are still pretty long on Ferrari, I think they're the same length on Eowyn, and go to about the bottom of my cheek? My Jade cosplay is a Ferrari and that's the bangs uncut or styled, just swished to the side.

Basically if you want curls, go Ferrari. No curls, go Eowyn.

Also, random update on my cosplay:
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/557762_10202140233933336_470101901_n.jpg

I'm almost done painting my hair pins for Rarity. I think they came out nicely for just using nail polish. May remove the silver though and paint over with acrylic, but yeah.

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
OMG I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED BECAUSE MY BATHING SUIT FOR MY MAKOTO COSPLAY CAME IN *U*

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank!!

I still need to find jewelry but I actually may borrow a dress one of my friends has/she'll make one for me. ;w; for like HALF of the dress i linked. I'm really happy.

In other news for OTHER COSPLAYS OF POSSIBLE THINGS
tumblr_mtlrp19Cix1qbjoxmo1_500.jpg

I got a Mikasa scarf. uwu

If I cosplayed her I'd cut my wig for Aranea probably? But I don't mind buying another. And if I don't, well, scarves are useful.

Winter is coming.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
So because of stupid unforeseen costs (mainly involving my car, and car costs are never low), I won't be able to get the stuff needed for my Ice King costume by the end of October. :/ I'm still going to go ahead with it afterwards though, there's another convention over here in April... :3

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So because of stupid unforeseen costs (mainly involving my car, and car costs are never low), I won't be able to get the stuff needed for my Ice King costume by the end of October. :/ I'm still going to go ahead with it afterwards though, there's another convention over here in April... :3
Happens, right now I'm really cutting it paycheck to paycheck to meet my deadline and my cosplay is extremely simple. Shit adds up though. Hope to see the cosplay soon though!

In other news, bought my ears and horn from Yaya Han's etsy, and my friend Kendra [the one who took those pretty pictures of me as Jade before!] is going to help me with the dress and is working on it for around the price of the dress from etsy. I'd rather buy from someone I know personally and can talk to and work with than a stranger on etsy for something like this. I've seen so many horror stories about buying cosplay commissions online from people you don't know, it's terrifying. [Reminding me, do not buy SnK maneuver gear from EZCosplay. Do not do it.]

Anyways, the dress will be a design somewhat following this pattern with a purple ribbon belt on my waist similar to the one I posted from etsy before. I am excite.

I basically just need to decide what kind of tights I want to wear, maybe make a bit more jewelry to go with my pearls, get my make up back from my friend, slightly style the wig, and boom.

Back