• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cosplay and costume thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
my circle lenses came in so i threw on my bathing suit and took selfies for dayz

TI6nPzm.jpg

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
THANKS *U*

i'm waiting for my arda wig to come in the mail like a kid on christmas! i ended up going with the ferrari wig; gonna do some loose curls because i saw some AMAZING fanart of all the boys as girls and the common consensus seemed to be nice loose curls :3

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
THANKS *U*

i'm waiting for my arda wig to come in the mail like a kid on christmas! i ended up going with the ferrari wig; gonna do some loose curls because i saw some AMAZING fanart of all the boys as girls and the common consensus seemed to be nice loose curls :3
Aaaah! Hope it gets there soon. They're pretty fast with shipping as long as they aren't at a con that week, but yeah, ferrari's are great. Do you have a wig head to style it on and stuff?

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
My wig came in the maaaaaiiiillll!!!!!! Will post pics later :3

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
thank you!! i want to go out and get some swim goggles to make it complete-ish until the jacket comes

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I really like it! The color is just a tad bit lighter than what i expected but its totally manageable and not too noticeable. As for storage, I don't have a wig head for it so its hanging with the hair net on it so it doesn't get too messed up. I don't plan on styling it all that much because I'm really content with the way it came out as you can see in the pics

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really like it! The color is just a tad bit lighter than what i expected but its totally manageable and not too noticeable. As for storage, I don't have a wig head for it so its hanging with the hair net on it so it doesn't get too messed up. I don't plan on styling it all that much because I'm really content with the way it came out as you can see in the pics
I think it looks good from the picture, but that's my personal opinion. Cameras can change color up a bit.

Wig heads if you need it [I suggest it, it's easier to brush on one imo] at like, ANY hobby store, in the styrofoam section. You can also get them at salon and cosmetic stores [like bigger ones] but they go for way more than the hobby store for some reason? They're like $5 at Hobby Lobby last I saw.

You can just pin it at the center top, and the sides by the temples, and it will stay in place, just make sure to take them out when removing it, rather than yanking like my friend did to his Ezreal wig... Ugh. ._.

Wig head or no, you definitely wanna carry around a wide tooth comb around with you to manage the frizzing that happens with long wigs. Some detangling spray/water even works for the most part and a comb is a life saver at cons. It's unavoidable because of the friction and shit.

Last edited:

Xenoske

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
3 questions for everyone

Hey there everyone happy -early- halloween. I say this because on halloween I will be at an anime convention and will be there for 4 full days. Im hoping this year will be better than the last 2 years but it should be rather fun. I will be cosplaying as Roxas from Kingdom Hearts 2 or 358/2 days (Ill be wearing the Organization XIII jacket if that helps clear things up) and I will also be showing off my 2 keyblades Iv been working quite hard on the past month or so. However this leads me to 2 of my questions.

My 1st question revolves around the outfit itself. Im debating if I should go with the "in-game" version with the shrouded face (example-the fight with sora vs Roxas in the world that never was/the fight with the "enigmatic man in Hollow Bastion in Final Mix) or if I should go with the more "cinematic version" (example-deep dive/another side another story/any major cutscene with CGI). I just cant decide which to do. I feel like doing the "shrouded look is more "creative" and "original" since people usually do the cinematic version or with their hoods down. But I dont know if it will look silly at all or anything. Also I know some of you may say "why not do it with the hood down" and I would do that but the problem is Im very low on money and I dont have a wig or the correct hair to do so.

My 2nd question is to see how many of you would like pictures? There is going to be me as Roxas, someone as Axel/Lea, someone as Xion, and apparently there are going to be some Dream Eaters aswell. Im sure there will also be some other characters like Sora, Riku, Kairi, Saix, ect. So I figured I would ask to see if anyone was interested in seeing some photos.

There are only about 5 days left before it starts so please respond to these as soon as you can every opinion and thought counts. (Though Im not forcing you to)

My 3rd question is quite a bit off topic but a question about the forums. Iv noticed theres a page for every Kingdom Hearts game but I havnt seen one for Dream Drop Distance. I dont believe I seen it as a sub-forum for 1.5 or 2.5 and I dont think I seen it in the Kingdom Hearts 3 forum or the "future of" one either (basically Iv taken a good look around. Im fairly new to the site so I apollogize if I seemed to have missed anything. Anyways hope to hear from some of you.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: 3 questions for everyone

Aww shit I wish I could have gone to Youmacon, I had the weekend asked off and everything, but turns out it was too expensive for me to get a badge, travel out to Michigan from Chicago, afford a hotel, etcetcetc. Maybe next year. Hope you have fun regardless, but let's see here about these questions.

I do also want to mention, this kind of could be mostly put into the cosplay thread in Creative Media aside from your forum question.

1st question: I'm unsure what you're asking because to my knowledge this is pretty much hood up or hood down and you're worrying too much about it. If you have your hood up, you still have the keyblades so people can recognize you fine. I understand the shortage of money and time and so will they. Especially if this is a first cosplay. We all start somewhere and you can always get it later down the line.

Hood up should be fine.

2nd question: You can get some of yourself and your group, and then other photos of people at the con I'd just link in the cosplay thread to a general post of them all from tumblr or the like. But, I've seen people post con picture threads up in Insanity before so I'm not sure. Kind of up to you.

3rd question: Dream Drop Distance

Hope I helped at least a little bit. Glad to see another cosplayer, and feel free to join the Halloween contest we have going on in Creative Media. There's a cosplay one!

Xenoske

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: 3 questions for everyone

Aww shit I wish I could have gone to Youmacon, I had the weekend asked off and everything, but turns out it was too expensive for me to get a badge, travel out to Michigan from Chicago, afford a hotel, etcetcetc. Maybe next year. Hope you have fun regardless, but let's see here about these questions.

I do also want to mention, this kind of could be mostly put into the cosplay thread in Creative Media aside from your forum question.

1st question: I'm unsure what you're asking because to my knowledge this is pretty much hood up or hood down and you're worrying too much about it. If you have your hood up, you still have the keyblades so people can recognize you fine. I understand the shortage of money and time and so will they. Especially if this is a first cosplay. We all start somewhere and you can always get it later down the line.

Hood up should be fine.

2nd question: You can get some of yourself and your group, and then other photos of people at the con I'd just link in the cosplay thread to a general post of them all from tumblr or the like. But, I've seen people post con picture threads up in Insanity before so I'm not sure. Kind of up to you.

3rd question: Dream Drop Distance

Hope I helped at least a little bit. Glad to see another cosplayer, and feel free to join the Halloween contest we have going on in Creative Media. There's a cosplay one!

Ah well thats quite unfortunate but it does happen. I was unable to go to Youmacon back in 2010 so I do know what its like. I do hope you can go next year though. Sorry though I didnt know there was a cosplay thread Im a bit new and still trying to get used to where everything is on the forums so I do apollogize.

Response 1- I guess my question isnt about wearing the hood up or down. Sorry if it confused you. My question is if I should put some speaker cloth inside the hood to make it look like my face is shrouded like the "in-game" version with like sora vs roxas or if I should leave the cloth out to go as the "cinematic version" which doesnt have the shrouded out face and more of just the hood hanging in the face. Sorry for the mix up.

As for the rest I do appreciate the advice and help. I did notice the Halloween contest and I cant wait to enter. However I wont have any pics to enter until after the convention considering my whole family thinks Im weird and I dont have anyone to take my pic here. The convention ends on the 3rd I think so I would still have 2 days or so to enter.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I think it's about time for me to legitimately get started on my dream cosplays. Starting with the wigs.

I have three, unfortunately, and wanted advice on which one to go with first, basically.

Dagger [Princess dress] Jareth Long | Arda Wigs in natural black
Amaterasu gijinka Jareth Long | Arda Wigs in pure white [I'd probably dye the tips to make it a solid black so it'd look like a paint brush and clip it with something Ammy based]
Lapras gijinka gets a bit complicated with the wigs because I'm really unsure what kind of look I want to go for. I like this look a LOT so I'd probably be going with the Ferrari in teal with hairbuns.
But I also like how these mixed wigs look. :C 1 2

Price wise Dagger/Amaterasu are 40ish, Lapras is a bit more with the hairbuns included, but less without. Shipping I always pick the lowest since Arda's in my backyard essentially.

Cons to getting a Jareth: I have to brush a 35" wig again siiiighhhh.

Regardless, wigs help set the costume up for me, and make planning easier with make up and fabric choices.

I unfortunately don't think I'll finish 100% on Rarity by Halloween which was my verbal deadline but nothing more... Still, the dress is in production still. For the Halloween contest here I'm probably going to enter with pictures of me as Jade [new ones because I need to show off new tights I got for her for ANOTHER contest].

I'm done typin all the words but yeah. busybusybusy

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
on the topic of dream cosplays, i copied sabrina and now i have my own cosplay checklist and a folder in which i put in a ton of reference photos.

for the record, the cosplays are as follows:

- Makoto Tachibana (Genderbend): done, missing team jacket
- Nathan Drake (Genderbend): still waiting on white shirt to arrive then to stain and dirty it myself, need dem holsters, brown boots
- Spike/Cowboy Bebop (Genderbend): FOUND THE PERFECT WIG, still need to design my own version of his suit
- Bigby Wolf (Genderbend): need the tie, contact lenses, pointy teeth yo

i just like to cosplay as female versions of men... don't ask me why.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
on the topic of dream cosplays, i copied sabrina and now i have my own cosplay checklist and a folder in which i put in a ton of reference photos.

for the record, the cosplays are as follows:

- Makoto Tachibana (Genderbend): done, missing team jacket
- Nathan Drake (Genderbend): still waiting on white shirt to arrive then to stain and dirty it myself, need dem holsters, brown boots
- Spike/Cowboy Bebop (Genderbend): FOUND THE PERFECT WIG, still need to design my own version of his suit
- Bigby Wolf (Genderbend): need the tie, contact lenses, pointy teeth yo

i just like to cosplay as female versions of men... don't ask me why.
Yeah I have a bookmark folder that's pretty much a cluttered mess of stuff to buy or look at, tutorials folder is insane...

I have a friend who's exactly the same! She wants to do a Nathan Drake cosplay as well.

Also talked to the person who's making my dress and she said I should have it by Halloween. I just need to get some nice tights to wear with it and I'm 100% done. uwu!!!
We're gonna test some Day of the Dead make up the same day and stuff so yeah. Expect pics.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Dcjb23j.jpg

my jacket came in earlier than expected and i got WAY too excited

Back