• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Connections

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com
Item - Found Diary Entry
Origin - Abandoned Lab - NE Mountains
Diary Date - December 13, 2750

We have come to realize that ...
In this world ...​
Hearts are always connected.​

1000 years ago, we all lived on this planet peacefully ... at least that's what I've been told.
What exactly happened back then ... I'm really not sure. I just know that it was something very bad, that pitted all of the races on this planet against one another. What, or who, caused this tragedy - to this day - remains a mystery to all. All that I know ... is that now, 1000 years later, we are still locked in this war of survival. The planet has slowly deteriorated, once bountiful cities turning to rot; once thriving forests have changed to deserts - it's as if the planet is slowly dying ... No ... as if it's trying to stop this conflict that's been going on for a century. For generations - all we have known are battles.

The Lycan race has taken over the forests of this world, their camps number greatly across the globe. They are the closest to the Earth, and as such seem to think that they have the right to take charge of this planet as their own. They are fierce fighters, their strange abilities of changing forms no longer held down by the light of the moon. They kill many, taking no pity on any of those beyond their own species. It's to the extent that some say they are the ones who started this conflict, but I find this unlikely. There are a few nomadic packs of these creatures that pose no ill will towards other races, and wish for an end to this fighting. The Lycans were once great friends with Humans ... however now, kill them on site. They claim that Humans are the route of evil that have slowly brought the ruin of this world, and the Vampires ... well they are considered demons incarnated to walk this planet and plague them.

The Vampire race has taken over the cities, their striking beauty, along with their innate powers of persuasion, deception, and notorious cunning allowing them to control much of - at least what's left of it - the world government. They seem to think that their breeding is the highest in this world, and that all other races should serve them as either food or slaves. The Lycans, and the Vampires never got along perfectly to begin with - they were born natural enemies after all. Humans, have always been a source of food for the Vampires - yet there is evidence to support the coexistence of Vampires and Humans without casualties caused by either race. Though they are few, there actually are those who - like the Lycans - wish to stop the conflict once and for all. They often live for one to two years in one spot before - like the Lycans - becoming nomads that trace through the freezing mountains of the world. Others think that it is the Vampires who started this ... and I would be prone to support that, if evidence hadn't pointed otherwise.

The Humans have been forced to the edges of the map, living in small costal towns. Some have the misfortune to live between both Lycan and Vampire territory, falling prey to both species. Humans want to survive, and because they feel threatened, and are by nature fearful of things greater than them, think the only way to ensure survival is to annihilate anything above them. Humans and Lycans once shared a strong bond, and taught one another many things; at the same time Vampires and Humans also held a strange bond. Humans were the thing that linked the Vampire and Lycan, quelling their battles and bringing them to a complete peace that allowed all to live in harmony. How this was done, is unknown in this day and age. The only thing that is known is that somehow Humans must once more become the link between these two amazing species. How this will be done ... is unknown.

Throughout the years many from each of these three races have come together, gathering to try and stop this quarrel. They have tried many times, and many times have failed. It is now that in this day and age, a new plan of action came to pass. With the technology of both Human, and Vampire; and with the natural link of Lycan's with the Earth the few pacifists of these great races have achieved something astounding. They have created a fourth race, that they believe will be able to stop this age old battle once and for all. The process was rather simple; children of varied ages, and races, were all gathered, and experimented upon. Cruel, yes, but it was deemed necessary by all in order to achieve peace. These children's DNA were broken analyzed before parts were replaced with compounds found in natural elements. Each child held control of one element - some common and others very uncommon. Their natural abilities were enhanced - agility, strength, vitality, etc. - all gaining the ability to rival that of both Lycan and Vampire.

Each of these children were given a bar code with a number which represented which 'series' or generation they were a part of, and it was tattooed somewhere on the child's body. From then on they were trained in many things - combat, strategy, stealth, history, etc - in underground laboratories located in the colder mountains of the world. An army of these 'pacifists' are gathering, planning to use this new race - known as Hybrids - as their "trump cards" to quell this age old battle once and for all. However, the problem lies in the Hybrids themselves, they are seen as freaks of nature by all the races - even those who created them - they are mere tools to be used in this game. Many generations have been made, the older ones placed in observation tanks or cells for confinement. Each were labeled as either failures or were to be used to enhance further generations.

The final part of the Hybrids is a fail-safe, in case they go out of hand. Each is created with only half an existence, meaning that they are ineffective in combat without a partner. Because each contains an element, they are paired with another element which 'boosts' or 'complements' their own element and abilities. Without these partners they can't call on their breed's abilities, or knowledge. In the past there were generations created without partners which complemented them ... the result was monstrous. They held power that exceeded that of the newer generations ... and that was the problem. From fear these older generations were disposed of, or locked away. Despite this fact the one truth in all of these Hybrids is that they all seek out their partners. It's a strange phenomenon indeed. It was once described to me by a female hybrid as a "Magnetic pull that starts deep within your chest". She also told me that without their partner it's as if they are not whole - as if they are half of who they are. Because of this many wander aimlessly searching for this "other half" of theirs. Without their partners they are ... "like empty dolls lying in the snow".

Despite the high security of these laboratories, a few of these amazing creations have escaped. Some in pairs, while others set out on their own in search of their halves. Some that ventured out alone may never find those others ... yet some may. I feel that the life of the generations to come lie in the hands of this amazing breed known as the Hybrid. However ... I am fearful; the conditions that these beings went through in their childhood were extreme ... I hope they do not turn on us and wipe all of us from this planet in revenge. I find this highly unlikely, for I have seen the drive of these individuals and see that they - like us - wish to end this war. They wish to live out their lives in peace.

A young girl also once told me something I found very intriguing. I asked her a question, well to be as clear as possible, I asked her: "How do you know who your partner is, if you've never seen their face?" She replied with something that exceeded her young years: "It's like we hear a voice, not the voice of the element we're fused with, and it's not our own. It calls out to us, and we call for it saying 'call my name'." She then paused, looking out to the snow as if something in her had been triggered, before adding something that nearly brought tears to my eyes. It was as if she were speaking to a person she'd never met in her life, never heard or seen - yet she knew they were there somewhere, and no matter the distance she wished to reach them. Those words have given me hope in the races gathered in the name of peace, and that hope allows me to sleep at night knowing that one day, we will see an end to this senseless war.

"I am nothing without you ... but I don't know who you are."​

~ Doctor Leroy McCullen.
Vice-President of Observation
NE Mountains​

Rules

1. No Godmodding/Power-playing.
No, you aren't invincible.
No, you can't kill thousands with a flick of your finger.
Yes, if you try any of this I will kick you out.

2. Literacy and grammar will be enforced ten fold.
I'm sorry but, I refuse to sit around and see incorrect spelling and uncompleted sentences.

3. Posts must be at least two paragraphs.
This is fair, and is the minimum amount. No, two paragraphs isn't too much to ask for.

4. Try to post at least twice a week.
This is the minimum.
I love those who post more than twice a week though, and doing such will indeed get on my good side. :]

5. Be creative for goodness sake.
Simple. This is a pretty open plot line, so use your imagination. No one likes role-playing with a block of wood.

6. Adjectives are amazing.
No one, and I mean no one likes sitting there and reading something that will put them to sleep. Put time and thought into your post, and most of all details. Would you want to read something along the lines of - "The pony jumped." No, I didn't think so either.

7. Let's keep the Race/Race ratio as close as possible.
I understand it can't be neck and neck, but please try to keep it as close as possible. I don't want one race outnumbering another too much, because in all honesty, that's just not really that natural when you're talking of (some) immortal beings.

8. 24 Hour time limit.
If you wish to be part of this, and you want to post a template, but you say something along the lines of "Reserve me a spot!". You have EXACTLY 24 hours, yeah no more - no less, to post a template or you 'spot' will vanish. I'm sick of seeing people say that they want part of something yet do nothing to show it. I will PM you if I feel it necessary. Do us all a favor, post a template ASAP.

9. Please, keep Romance and Language to a PG-13 level.
We have younger people that see this site, so let's be nice to them.

10. Have any questions? PM me.
I'm not mean, and feel free to ask me anything at all.
I love helping. In fact - I can't help, helping.
It's a rather big hobby of mine actually.

11. You fail to follow any of these rules, you will be kicked out on your butt.
Simple. No chances. You fail, then you fail. You're out.
Also, to even be considered the password is 'Triumph'.
You don't post the password - you don't get accepted.
Why yes, I am a very snide little bitty. :]

Joining and Other Concerns

If you are interested, please refer to the OOC & Sign-Ups thread in the Role-playing Section.
Refrain from posting OOC here, and direct all questions to the above thread, or PMs.
Also, refrain from Double Posting; and excuse me for doing so at the start of this.
Thank you~<3

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com

Needles ... I really hate needles, Mama. I think you’re the only one who knew that actually ...

“Aïe ...”

Morning. She hated morning in this place. It always consisted of the loud, obnoxious - no to mention annoying - announcements of the time over the speakers through-out the deteriorating compound. Then would follow the drone of cases that needed to be brought to attention, scientists which needed to report to a certain area, and lastly an overly joyous exclamation of ‘Good Morning!’. Good Morning indeed ... What about those who didn’t rest at all the night before? It was like a mocking phrase to laugh at them and their 48-Hour days. Feh, what was the point of even complaining about the blasted things. She’d tried, failed, and had been scolded by one of the scientists for ‘getting in the way of daily duties’. It had been worse because of the scientist which had scolded her. She hated that mousy looking man ... Idiot mustache ...

Another reason she hated mornings ... the needles. She always had to go through blood work, followed by a mild examination. They said it was for her health, but the day she believed that would be the day she grew wings and flew to another world. Honestly, she was generally in a bad enough mood in the mornings without coffee; then they went and broke out their needles, and machines. Honestly, they wasted a whole half-hour of her morning in which she cold be getting coffee. By the time she reached the Common Area on the second level, below her, all the good coffee was gone. She had to go through the trouble of making a whole pot for herself, then the daring stunt of actually reaching the Sweet-n-Low on the top shelf. Whoever thought of putting morning essentials on the top shelf was a fool - one of which she greatly wanted to express her discomfort to. Idiot shelf man ...

Lilly paused in the corridor leading towards the elevators, her mind silent for the first time this morning. Reluctantly the large, sleepy, Jade orbs fluttered upwards from behind their corrective lens’ to search out the clock on the wall. It was a silver device that seemed to be the only source of sanity in her early morning trek to the coffee maker. Spotting the slowly ticking hands, a grimace filled her soft features. 6:45 AM. Why did they insist on making her wake so early? Honestly, 11 AM would suffice for a morning wake-up. Maybe then she could stand to listen to the woman over the loudspeaker, and her fake voice; but 6 AM? No. It was intolerable. Once more her large eyes seemed to follow the second hand of the clock, ears taking in the constant tick silently. A sigh escaped.

“I suppose I shouldn’t be complaining, eh? After all, you don’t get any sleep at all ... do you?”

Her voice was soft, holding a rare French accent. She spoke to the clock, diligently ticking away above her head on the eastern wall. Hand lifting to hold the upper part of her left arm, it grasped at a slowly bruising area. She shouldn’t be complaining about the needles, it was the least she could do after all, and despite the annoyance it caused was necessary. Well ... at least they said it was necessary, anyway. Another sigh escaped, softer than the last. The female’s eyes downcast a moment, nose fidgeting nervously in an attempt to straighten her glasses. She failed, however ignored the fact they were uncomfortably crushing the bridge of her nose.

Her person looked in a mild disarray, showing that she - in fact - had just rolled from her bed around an hour before. The black locks that were usually straight, and sleek were slightly fluffed and curly - a severe case of bed head. She would fix this when she’d reached the kitchen, more or less, by throwing the black mass into an untidy mess with anything she could find. Once she’d used a fork and spoon; that hadn’t gone over well with the cooks at all. Matching her hair, her clothing was untidy. The black sweat pants were baggy, one leg was rolled up higher than the other - clearly something that had unconsciously happened in the night. The white tank top covering her upper body was slightly lifted on the bottom right side, curled under in a matted fashion to reveal her pale waist. Clearly, she hadn’t even bothered to look in the mirror in her room ... just like every morning. She simply rose, went, and then pursued her bubbling brew of black beans.

A small yawn escaped, causing her to stretch in reflex. The fact she was not a morning person was being clearly shown every time she attempted to move. Breaking her stagnant pace she set out once more, returning to her quest for the Commons Room below. First, came coffee, and then she would worry about her other duties that rested in this early morning. Idiot early risers ...

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
OOC: *looks at Armony's character* Man, that's exactly how I am in the morning...at least on the temperament. Today if I have my way is the last time I'm waking up before 10 or 11. Anyway, here is a post.

IC: Her dark violet eyes looked out the window. She had risen early this morning, which is what deeply troubled the girl. What's going on here? she thought. She knew that it wasn't quite right, she could tell that the air was stiff. Tenshi's middle back violet hair glimmered slightly in the sun. Shaking her head she turned away from the window, to scan her room to see the usual mess. Her outfit was the same as always.

"Tenshi!"

Hearing the call she froze, the manager had given her room and board on the condition the she helped around the store. "Coming!" she called, and dashed down the steps.

Jumping three steps at a time, she hit the final step only to stumble into the wall. Feeling a bruise starting to form on her upper back; right below her barcode number Tenshi scrambled to her feet. Looking around she saw the manager who mumbled, "Tenshi, I thought you wouldn't do that!"

"Sorry Mr. Yami."

She knew she shouldn't have been in such a rush, but she didn't want to get into a row like two months ago! Hanging her head she spoke in an apologetic tone, "I am deeply sorry for that."

"It's okay, just don't let it happen again."

"Yes sir!"

At once Tenshi started working around the shop, it was only because of Mr. Yami did she even have a place to stay. At least he didn't shun me for what I am; but that makes me wonder why. she thought.

~-------------~

OOC: This will have to do for my opening post. I've got a mild headache that's trying to play hide 'n' go seek I think. Anyway, see you next post.

BlackmageAp

Awards
As the sun began to reveal itself over the horizon, the light emitting from it found it's way to a tree on the border of a small city. Though there was nothing special about the tree itself, one could see that what was hanging from the tree might've seemed a little strange. It was a small fruit bat, which seemed to be covering it's face from the oncoming sun. It put it's wing down slightly, making a small angry squeaking noise. It then began to swing from the branch it was hanging from, until it finally let go and began to fall. As it did, a sudden dark flash appeared around it's small form, lifting shortly to reveal a man whose eyes had slightly opened. He landed neatly at first, but then promptly fell onto his back.

"I say, this is far too early for me to greet the rest of the world."

Richard sat lazily on his back, looking up at the sky and yawning. He never was too fond of the early morning, however, it wasn't precisely his fault that he had to wake up to it. Since his silver hair was a direct giveaway that he was of a different race, he wasn't exactly looked up to by many innkeepers. On the contrary, they instead found great joy in whacking him with whatever object was nearby. He would've tried his Mesmerism technique to persuade them to let him stay a night, but it's rather hard to concentrate when you've had little to no sleep for the past few days, trying to catch a man who'd stolen a small girls lucky pendant. Richard was grateful that the small girl's mother was rich, and had paid a good sum for it, but would've taken a warm bed over cash any day. His mind wandered a bit as he heard his stomach growl.

"Alas, I must now embark on a quest for something other than funds. Breakfast will certainly not buy itself for me unfortunately."

He watched as a few humans walked down the streets, thinking only slightly of fixing himself a meal other than eggs and bacon. He dispatched the thought quickly and leaned against the tree he'd previously sleep on, thinking of where he could go that wouldn't mind serving him.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Drip.

Ulquiorra's breath quickened. His arms began to ache. His legs almost failed him. But he couldn't stop. With each step, it felt as though needles punctured his feet. After running another couple of hundred feet, Ulquiorra sprang at the wall, and held on tight. He began climbing it with relative ease. Perhaps to another, Ulquiorra's grace in scaling the cliff wall could be comparable to a jaguar climbing a tree in it's grace. Ulquiorra's movements flowed into each other, with not a single one being wasted. It was as though without precision, he would fall. Without speed, he would fall. Without pain... He would fall. After a few minutes, Ulquiorra reached the top of the rock wall, and climbed over the top. With a quick sigh of relief, he rested for a second. Just a second. Then, he burst into action again. He ran into what appeared to be a dense forest, and disappeared into the foliage. He could feel the leaves scratching at the side of his face, as well as the vines almost trying to snag Ulquiorra's foot in them.

Drip.

Another sweat drop fell from Ulquiorra's nose. After what felt like an eternity of running, Ulquiorra emerged from the woods. He looked at his town. It was a little thing; more like a village than anything else. He wiped the sweat from his brow, and began walking into town. It felt good to walk again. His calves were aching immensely, as well as his lungs. Such are the consequences of running several miles. Ulquiorra sighed again, and looked around. There were a few houses around town. There was a store, which happened to be his destination, and a few houses after that, Ulquiorra's place of residence. Only a few people were out and about. It didn't come to Ulquiorra as much of a surprise; it was, after all, extremely early. Ulquiorra woke up at this time to run, and because he liked the smell of the early morning dew. He was a bit of a morning person. He always had an affinity for waking up early, for some reason. He could never figure it out but all he knew was that it wasn't a bad thing. Walking a bit, he stepped into the store, and grabbed a bottle of water. Placing it on the counter, he pulled out his wallet from his jeans.

"How much?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Her thoughts buzzing in her head, Tenshi looked up when a familier scent drifted over her. A frown coming to her lips as she tried to remember his name and thankfully when he spoke she did, "How much?"

"Ulquiorra, how have you been doing; and the water is a dollar and twenty-five cents." she replied.

Tenshi could tell he wasn't any normal human; yet what got to her was the fact that she couldn't place the other scent. She watched from a mirror as her boss went upstairs. Returning her attention to Ulquriorra she whispered, "I know that your a Hybrid."

She knew that she'd have to explain, thinking over something she added, "Hey, I never asked this before Ulquriorra, but do you like the full-moon?"

Last edited:

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com

Her coffee had been obtained, and for once she hadn't the need to battle for it.

"Honestly Vic, I think you went a bit over board on it this time ..."

The female's voice held truth, no matter how sarcastic the words sounded escaping her mouth. She stared down, eyes locked in place upon the small coffee pot concealed in a bird cage holding a combination lock. Attached to the front of the wire device was a small, yellow, Post-It note holding a comical message.

"Maybe it won't run off on you now. - Vic."

At first she'd hadn't decided if she should be angry at the man; if that was the case she would surely get into a yelling match with him and end up with him: 1. laughing or 2. poking more fun at her. Obviously getting angry was out of the question. He'd already made her the morning joke, and she wasn't about to be afternoon one as well. Her obvious choice was to pass it off as his playful nature, he didn't joke with people he didn't like. Sighing in defeat, the small laughter that had been withheld for the past two minutes was released; it rose softly claiming the gaze of a few people about her. Old Lycan Geezer ...

Snatching the note from the small cage's door it was flipped over, revealing another message.

"21.13.7."

Glowering the small dial upon the lock was turned, and it popped open with a soft sound. The top of the cage was lifted, allowing access to the small pot of bubbling brew. At once she inhaled deeply, the fresh scent of House Blend filling her being finally. A, rather large, ceramic cup was placed on the counter - filled with two small packets of Sweet-n-Low - and finally the black concoction filled the vacancy of the blue mug. Lilly lifted the cup to her lips, sipping deeply. She remained like this for a few moments before a soft, almost peace like, emotion traced her features. Now she was ready to face the morning .... and the stack of folders that were awaiting her on a near-by table. Yet another of Vic's lovely presents. With a flick of the wrist the cage had been closed, and it's lock placed upon it. With a turn she met the eyes of those in the large room, an almost predatory state taking over her features.

"No one touches this coffee." Nodding curtly she turned on her heel and, in all of her untidy glory, headed for a corner table in the back.

Mustache said this morning that two more kids ran off ... He acted too surprised about it as well.

Her mind had kicked in suddenly, small form folding over the roughly padded chair to sit cross legged. Unusually, only two folders were present in her small stack. The note atop them was tossed without care, before the first of the two files was revealed. Instantly a sharp sigh escaped. Naturally, it was about the two Hybrids that left in the night ... and naturally she was supposed to explain why they had fled. As if it wasn't obvious enough. A soft growl escaped, her previously silent demeanor broken completely. The folder was closed, and tossed to the side to reveal the last. Her eyebrow quirked in mild interest, it was thicker than the last. Here she found herself at a cross road again; if on the one hand she opened it, and it was simply another Escape file like the other - she would be bored. If though, by chance, it was something else ...

The cover was nudged open, left hand lifting the blue ceramic container to her lips once more. Jade eyes scanning they took in the contents listed across the first page without interest before flipping to the next. This time she paused, the cup at her lips stilling in it's descent to the table. A strange air circled, concealing the girl in a sarcophagus of intensity. Lilly remained frozen a moment, only the large eyes behind her glasses moving furiously. Confusion slowly entered her face, eyebrows twisting. Finally, the cup reached it's destination, and was instantly forgotten on the small corner table. She rose, hands clinging to the two files desperately; something more had entered her. Instead of her casual, almost lazy walk, she seemed rushed.

This makes no sense at all ... Why would you raid a village twice, with only about two hours between the raids?

The door of the Commons Area was kicked open, her steps quickening. Since when did the government have a bounty on Hybrids?

Enlightenment hit, striking her so roughly that she had to stop in her tracks. Well, maybe it was the fact that she'd walked into a wall - but the bump on the head had helped her out quite a lot. Not the Government - the Vampires - and it wasn't simply Hybrids with bar codes - it was them, along with the whole organization that was making them. So the final question? Why would you raid a village twice in the same night?

Naturally you wouldn't ... not unless you were looking for something.

Three villages are south east of here, meaning they'll probably go after the other two in the next two nights.
It'll take over an hour to walk to all of them from here ...

"Shit." With this she broke into a run, aiming for the upper levels.

BlackmageAp

Awards
Richard smirked as he finally thought of something to do about breakfast. He closed his eyes and began to concentrate on his surroundings. It didn't take long for him to see once again, although this time, from several feet above his body. He let his awareness take a spin around the tree to make sure everything was working fine, then set off into the village. He looked around the main market place, seeing many places that were now open and selling food. His thoughts were going somewhere else though. He only needed to pass by a few more stalls, until he found the one he was searching for.

It was a simple wig stand, but perfect for what Richard needed. He noticed though two souls that seemed a bit off that were in front of the stall. He also noticed that the owner of the stall seem ed to be very still, and was responding stiffly as well. It didn't take long for the two persons in front of the stall to look behind them, looking straight at where Richard had placed his awareness. He knew their faces instantly. They were other Vampires, but of a different clan. One of them turned back to the stall owner, keeping his gaze locked while the other motioned for his awareness to come closer. Richard cursed himself for not shielding his aura better and brought his awareness down.

"So there's another one of us 'ere. That's good man, we could use the 'elp. Not many actually let off their aura for others ya know, makes it 'ard to find our kind. Anywho, we're tryin ta get these little two 'escapers' that 'ave been tracked back 'ere. We could use the 'elp, especially in this blasted sunloight. We just weren't gonna wait for sundown, it's too 'ard to catch'em. We 'ear that there's another group loike us here in the dayloight, so I figures we should meet up at the local cafe eh? Get the jump on those target before they do! Heheha!" The two Vampires left the stand, leaving a still slightly mesmerized stall owner staring blankly ahead.

Richard wasted no time returning to his body, which was thankfully left alone. He brushed himself off a bit, and sighed. He walked into the streets, to where most people could see him now. As he strolled along, receiving disgusting looks from many, he started scanning the auras of those around him.

"I sincerely doubt that if bounty hunters like those are after these 'escapers', that they've done any wrong to begin with. If I know one thing about those two worth anything, it's that they're into heads of those that have not wronged." Though his goal seemed set, he realized that he had forgotten about his previous engagement to find food. He sighed and looked around his immediate area, to which he found a shop.

"Well, it is rather difficult to concentrate on an empty stomach..." He strolled into the shop, hoping that he wouldn't be kicked out right away. He grabbed a muffin nearby, and stood behind a very sweaty man who seemed to be waiting for water. Though he didn't smell nice, Richard was polite enough not to turn his nose away from the man. He'll begone soon enough I'm sure. Hopefully to shower.

Wallflower

Website
"I've been all right. Y'know, surviving."

It was Tenshi. She could probably be considered one of Ulquiorra's acquaintances. The town was relatively small, and as such, almost everyone knew Ulquiorra, and vice-versa. As fluidly as he pulled out his wallet, he pulled his money out and laid it down of the counter. He grabbed the bottle of water, and simply held it for a few seconds. It seemed as though everything about Ulquiorra was done with meaning, as if not a single amount of energy were wasted. With a sigh, Ulquiorra opened the bottle of water, and took a small sip. It was mostly to refresh him; the cool water felt great settling in Ulquiorra's stomach. He was exhausted, and Ulquiorra would take advantage of anything that would cool him down.

"I know that your a Hybrid."

Tenshi's voice was tough to hear- it came in a whisper, but it was just loud enough for Ulquiorra to hear it. Ulquiorra lowered the bottle from his lips, and sighed deeply. One of two things were about to go down. Either he was about to make a very good ally, or a very annoying enemy. See, there was a bounty on the heads of Hybrids. It was quite a pricey bounty; one that most people would take advantage of. Ulquiorra decided to take a risk, and took a deep swig of his water, closing his eyes while doing it- thus, exposing the bar code on his right eyelid. It was his sort of way of saying, "What about it?". Normally, Ulquiorra blinked fast enough for most people to miss it, but there was the odd occasion that someone noticed. When he was done with his drink, he opened his eyes, and put his bottle down. Now came the question: Was there blood to be spilled?

"Hey, I never asked this before Ulquiorra, but do you like the full-moon?"

"Why, yes, I do. How come?"

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post. I was confused as where I should start.

IC:
Matthias was in a vast green meadow of tall grasses, having strayed from the path because of the hefty bounty put on the heads' of all hybrids, including himself. He was kneeled down on one knee, with his eyes closed in utter concentration and his right pal flat on the ground. To most bystanders the man would look like a psychopath, thats what it would seem like to them, to humans, but in reality he was attempting to sense if there were any times within the vicinity. Long and hard the man concentrates in this, the meadows of old until it was finally revealed to him in a flash of light to his eyes.

"Well, how surprising, I am not very far off from the place where I was "born", long I have traveled and thankful I am, the inns are not very far. Let us hope that I am still accepted." Matthias said to the air as if talking to an actual figure, how angular this particular hybrid was.

After he got up from the cold ground, he dusted off his cloths and started his run towards the nearest town, it would be night soon and as he always said, the night belongs not to the light but to the blackness and the creatures that dwell within it's void. Beside this and the obvious fact that he had many enemies that would likely try to kill him in the dead of night that he cared not to fight, Matthias is actually deathly afraid of the darkness as well as bats, so a combination of the two would not be good for his psyche. With this in mind the man formed two ball of extremely concentrated light energy with in the palm of his hands, smirked a little, crossed hi arms, and put the two balls of energy on his shoulder blades, which in effect created a great explosion of light. Out of this explosion of dust, rubble, and a light f purity came Matthias running with what seemed to be a wings of an angel. As soon as he came out of the beauty of the light he had made, the man jumped forward and took flight, putting his wings to use. Wind and rubble following this man who seemed to to make a whistling sound whilst he rocketed up in the air, acceding upwards into the stratosphere it seemed the man was going but he merely went just high enough so that he could see both the town, as well as his torture place.

"This........always seems to calm me, how perplexing." Matthias said as he looked at the town first and then at the building of his creation, seeing something quite peculiar. It was a girl with quite odd looking glasses on the upper levels of the building complex, who seemed to be looking in his direction, possibly at him. He gave a hidden smile as he started to free-fall downwards in the direction of the town, falling faster then a meteor, he was sure to scare the townsfolk if he landed like this so he halted his decent when he got to the middle of this small town making a cloud of dust as a distraction so that he could remove his wing of beautiful light.

After this deed was accomplished Matthias went to the nearest inn, while the smoke still covered the streets of the town. When he waltzed into the inn, he was happy to see that there were three people already at the inn, one of which seemed to be a vampire. Smirking slightly, the man went up the the counter, to a lady who seemed to be having a conversation with a young gentleman who was quite sweaty to saw the least.

Matthias hated being rude so he took out a cigar, put it up to his mouth as well as his two fingers from his adjacent hand, and lighted the cigar with a burst of light concentrated and intense enough to burn the tip of the cigar before he said "I am quite terribly sorry to interrupt any conversation you may be having but I could I please possibly get a room at this fine inn." He said this and smiled as he always did.

((Wow sorry, I just noticed just how long that was.))

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Grinning at his comment she watched him close his eye. Spotting the bar code she listened as he replied,"Why, yes, I do. How come?"

"There's one to ----- Hey, you need to pay for that!"

The cause of the change was caused by the man that had walked in. She clenched her fist as she hissed darkly, "Pay for that and get out!"

Her gaze snapping back to Ulquiorra she said in a kinder tone, "Anyway, there's one tonight. It's suppose to be a cloud free sky, I was wondering if you want to come by later so we can talk in private."

She wanted to know his answer before she attended to the man behind him. Resting her gaze on the other man, he was older then she and Ulquirorra. She frowned as she asked in a half-hearted polite tone, "Is there something I can help you with, sir? Like any information?"

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
"Please do calm down. Ohh and I am sorry, that was terribly rude of me." Matthias said as he placed his pay on the counter, clearly overpaying. As he placed this money done on the counter, the man had gotten a felling, a feeling that he was not alone, a feeling that told him that at least one other person in the room was a hybrid, of a later model then himself of course, but a hybrid nonetheless. He dismissed this feeling but, even so , kept it open as quite a possibility. After all, it is good to make friends in this ever changing world of war and darkness. But if they were hybrids, well what a sad life they would of had to lead, but on their faces were smiles that could only be seen on a purely innocent cherubic face of a child, truly perplexing how they could cover any fear, hatred, or dread that they carried with a smile. But I digress, Matthias broke himself out of his daze and looked at the girl once more.

"This is all i have my lady, also could you accommodate me with a room after you are done your ............conversation, that is if it's not too much to ask of you." He then looked at the boy, and back to the girl, looking at both for but a split second to see if he was amongst friends or enemies. He then simply sighed, wondering if he should have come into the inn so abruptly, letting this thought linger in his mind.

((Wow, that post was not good at all! *Sigh*))

Last edited:

Wallflower

Website
Ulquiorra looked at the man who just asked for a room. He scowled at the man who came up next to him. The man was smoking a cigar, to Ulquiorra's chagrin. It was a man not much older than Ulquiorra himself was, but he certainly appeared much older. Looking back, he saw that another man had entered the inn, as well, this one looking at the food items on the shelves. Taking another drink of his water, he nodded at Tenshi, and sighed.

"Yeah... I know. I'll swing by later, okay?"

Ulquiorra turned to leave. He took a few steps, and then stopped for a second. Turning back, he walked back to the counter, and pulled the cigar from the other man's mouth. He then went back to leave, walking slowly and briskly to the door. Opening it, he drew his hand back, and then flicked the cigar out the door. Looking back, he shook his finger at the dumbfounded man. With a very silly-looking grin, Ulquiorra shook his head along with the finger.

"Those're no good. Give you cancer, y'know?"

He took a final swig of his water, and walked out the door. Once out the door, he began walking toward his house. A breeze passed by, and Ulquiorra looked up. A full moon, huh? Tonight was looking to be a very interesting night after all. Once he got to his house, he opened up the lock, and stepped in. Closing the door, he sighed, and headed straight for the shower. He was, indeed, quite sweaty.

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com
That man's eyes had been strange, and his movement's flashy. That had been the first thing her observation had noticed as she'd rushed along towards the elevator. He drew far too much attention to himself, which could be a costly mistake in these times. Her concern for the subject was lacking, for her attention was more focused on maintaining her balance on the downward spiral of stairs. Since her unsettling discovery over her coffee, she'd managed to convince the scientists to grant her access to the outside world, and actually tidy herself up a bit after that fact. The first matter, about her gaining access to the outside world, had been won over by Vic on her behalf. For some reason those idiots continued to think she would leave and never come back. Then again that had happened two years ago ... she couldn't exactly blame them for that. Still though, the principal was lacking - she couldn't leave this place even if ...

"Idiots. Wasting more time than unnecessary; they could be bloody dead by now."

She spoke to herself, anger shining in her strange mix of dialects. It was times like this when her Father's side appeared, drawing words only known to a British tongue. Lilly jumped, skipping over three steps to land rather noisily on the floor holding the exit. Her tidiness issue had been addressed accordingly. The pajamas had been changed to her usual chunky boots with their array of shining buckles, a pair of black jeans, an unusually - blank - white t-shirt, and a pair of ebony fingerless gloves. Miraculously there was a supply truck today, hence why she'd actually managed to make her trip before she'd died of old age. However the trip wasn't something really sticking in her mind, it was more of a curse towards those who'd made checkpoints for personnel in this town. She hated coming into town because of that simple waste of time.

"Move, please!"

Politeness was void in her voice, and instead utter urgency took over as she dodged past a woman and her small child. Lilly stilled a moment, trying to recover her balance and readjust the large bag slung carelessly over her shoulder. The awareness of her glasses pressing into her nose was noticed suddenly as well, and instantly corrected by being pushed upwards forcibly. That was when a thought struck, forcing her eyes to search about her cautiously as her free hand lifted to recheck her hair situation. It had to be down in this place - her neck had to be covered at all costs. A mild relief spread, feeling the sleek mass instantly. Now she could return to her rushing about.

Alright, the back alley's first ... then I'll pop in the shops and start asking around. If that kid got himself caught, I'll murder him ... I taught him a lot better than that with all of those black eyes!

"Excuse me ... " Voice null she pressed past a man, forgetting to even return his polite smile before yet again breaking into another run towards a western alleyway.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Spotting another one she listened as he commented, "I am quite terribly sorry to interrupt any conversation you may be having but I could I please possibly get a room at this fine inn."

Looking at the man that had recently entered, she was surprised since she didn't even hear him come in. Smiling politely she nodded her head, turning to grab his room key, Tenshi listened as he said in an apologetic tone, "Please do calm down. Ohh and I am sorry, that was terribly rude of me."

Watching as he placed the money on the counter. "This is all I have my lady, also could you accommodate me with a room after you are done your ............conversation, that is if it's not too much to ask of you." He said, she silently took what she needed, then handed it back to him. Getting ready to apologize for the shout she was cut off when Ulquiorra said, "Yeah... I know. I'll swing by later, okay?"

"Kay."

She silently watched the next few events unfold in front of her. After Ulquiorra was gone, she trained her eyes on the one that took the muffin; pouting slightly she asked him, "Can you please not touching anything and stay here 'til I come back?"

Grabbing the key on the counter, she looked at the man that had requested a room and said, "Please follow me." before she turned toward the back and disappeared into the back, where the rooms for weary travelers stayed.

Reaching the person's room, she unlocked it and wait for the man to come. She was unsure what to think of these two strangers, she had known Ulquiorra for some time now; they had held conversations when he came to get something from the store. Shrugging of the bad vib she got from the silver-haired man, she looked down the corridor to see if the one was there.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

( I understand you want us to post at least twice a week Armony, but since there are already thirteen posts before everyone has gone, I'm a little concerned of being outpaced. )

It had been a long ride through the night in the back of the van; it was a huge vehicle, rumbling along the back country roads like a tank crawling back from a war zone. In fact, it was built for just that purpose. And as you could imagine, it wasn't the most comfortable of places to be sitting with a dozen others in the back on the unexposed metal bed. It was predictably crammed to burst, as this was the last transport for the week. Fighting had broken out in the far southern city between rival clans of different races, and the refugees that couldn't afford their own automobiles opted to be shuttled out under cover of night. They had paid with whatever they had: cash, jewelry, and other valuables to get out as fast as possible.

And so it had been nearly ten hours on the road without a stop. The evening had dragged into the dead of night, and a morning at that seemed would never come. To pass the time, some of the men tried their best at playing cards with the small glow of light that poked in from the cabin window, waging their menial possessions. The other ones watched, and tried to pass the time by shifting their bodies to rid themselves of the nagging cramps that would spasm in the early morning. A young mother and her daughter were given the most room, whilst her husband was resigned to a tight corner.

The van came rumbling into the little village late that morning, if you could guess by the sun alone it would be around ten o'clock. The driver and his two "colleagues" slouched out of the van, exhausted from the drive. The steep price and their collection was what kept them sated, and the sooner it was spendable the better. They opened the back doors of the van, only to have all of the faces groan and snap away from the sudden burst of sunlight after the hours of darkness.

Slowly, the men nearest the door tried to stand, nearly stumbling over themselves from weakened limbs. They slid out onto the ground and stood, slowly walking away trying to gain their legs back. The husband exited next, turning around to accept his daughter's sleeping body in his arms from his wife. Her body was in pain, and there were dark circles under her eyes. Unable to maintain her grip, she stumbled forward. Two hands wrapped around her right shoulder and left wrist, saving her from sprawling head first down to the ground. She steadied herself, hunching to step down, and limped forward until her legs returned to her. She thanked the man behind her, draped in a dust-colored cloak with hair of nearly the same hue. He wore of a pair of sunglasses, and from behind them, those golden eyes were inscrutable.

He smiled back with half a nod from her husband as well. As the young family passed by, the man who had helped them couldn't help but hear something jostle under the husband's coat. From his point, he could see the nose of a shotgun bob out from under the man's stride. It seems like everyone was armed, hoping that they wouldn't have to take their safety into their own hands. He was armed as well, but instead of your average firearm, the man bore a symbol of his lineage, descended of the Grandiron clan. Justice, humility, magnanimity, they were a family long forgotten in an age of constant violence. He had carried this sword with him for years, and it definitely showed it's age; hopefully there would be no need for Jack ( as he was called ) to draw it.

The fresh air was a sweet treat compared to the stale mustiness of the van, and it was pleasing enough to breathe it in. Now to set about his business, Jack found his way towards the inn. It was the waypoint to and fro for many so-called travelers and by-passers, and with luck, some information that may prove the long trip worthwhile.

The door would creak open, and Jack would walk in, his boots thickly plunging into a wool rug set across the entry way. There were more people here than he had previously expected, some of them still waiting to be helped. A thought ran across his mind: had he enough for a room tonight? Sure, he would just as rather find a glade in the woods behind the cabin and curl up amongst the soft grass, basking in the moonlight, but to avoid any sort of suspicion in this village would greatly help him. Jack had lost his only pack of cigarettes playing the other men on the trip here, and while he didn't care for the things, they were valuable to others. But there was no use worrying about it now; he would just have to be watchful of keen eyes, perhaps keener than your average human.

He had heard of hybrids before, and that there had been spottings in this area. Never seen, never met, merely heard; none of it was positive in the least. Matter-of-factly, he had only come into the knowledge of hybrids several days past, and to be truly honest, Jack wasn't all to clear on what was fact and what was fiction.

Scents began to pervade his nose, to which an eyebrow was raised. Something quite different; not entirely... human.

Last edited:

BlackmageAp

Awards
Richard wasn't one to pry into the business of others, so for the most part, he simply thought of the breakfast he could be having if he had more time. He did however, watch as a man had come into the shop and begun to smoke a cigar. He frowned a bit, but smiled as the man in front of him disposed of the disgusting item. He then watched as the same man left, leaving him to basically be next in line. He was met with disappointment, as the woman at the counter gave him a look.

"Can you please not touching anything and stay here 'til I come back?"

His face dropped a bit at the way she looked at him while saying this. But he simply sighed and waited for her to return. He was very used to this, and was greatful for the fact that she didn't chase him out. I should know better than to expect anything less than the worse from this world and their assumptions of me. Nevertheless, she was kind enough to say she'd return, so I suppose waiting isn't so bad. Maybe she might let me take up a room as well...I would rather sleep on a bed than the trees again. As he looked around, placing the muffin down on the counter, he felt a presence that he hadn't felt in a very long time. He turned around, now facing a taller man, with an Aura that he hadn't felt in years. A pure blooded Werewolf.

His mind raced with how badly this situation could go and how quickly it could all happen. Richard took in a deep breath and calmed himself, knowing that worrying would only complicate things. He looked the man over once, noting that he certainly didn't look like an individual who'd want to start up a senseless fight, which comforted him greatly. He decided to ignore the Werewolf for now, simply hoping that nothing bad would happen, and that the shop owner would come back soon.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
A small smile came over his face, Matthias was happy to have been received so well by the girl who was giving him a room. In fact, he was so happy that he was taken off guard when the boy that had stood next to him ripped his cigar right out from under his lips. This of course cause him to have a be-fumbled look on his face as he looked back at the boy who declared; "Those're no good. Give you cancer, y'know?".

To this Matthias gave a bit of an audible chuckle before he said under his breath; "Well it's for the better, that's a disgusting habit of mine anyways kid." After this comment he looked back at the girl who had gotten the key to his room and was holding t door open for him in waiting. This man walked around the counter towards the girl as he said; "Thank you again for your services." Matthias then took the key from her hands and waltzed into his room. Not the best accommodations in the world, but it would have to do for the night.

((Umm guys..........I'm going to the mountains right now so I will be incapable of posting until monday due to the lack of internet connect-ability. So, quite simply, I am sorry for the inconvenience.))

Awards

OoC: Sorry for the delay, but here's my post. Hope it works out ok.

A young teen walked briskly in a small wooded area. She looked completely focused on something that she had in her hands, because she never did take her light brown orbs off the object. With the grass crunching under the pressure of her boots,. She never did look up, because her light brown orbs were always focused on what she was holding in front her: an open book. Her eyes were on the book as if the book itself was talking to her. She held it in her grasp firmly, reading and getting in every bit of detail that the hardback had to offer. As she read, Lian was careful not to trip over anything as her feet guided her solemnly to her destination.

Wherever the heck that was.

Still, she trudged through the thick grass with a constant rhythm. As her boots made contact with the grass, it emitted off a squishy sound from under her shoes, most likely because of the morning dew. Locked onto the book, she didn't notice that a small branch hanging from a tree was right in her path. The hybrid hit the limb dead on, making Lian take a step back. She frowned as she looked up from the book that she was reading.

The trees in front of her were beginning to get less dense up ahead, and Lian knew that she was close to civilization. Without taking her orbs off the path, she placed her book inside a bag that hung from her shoulders. Lian swallowed and then presumed on the path. Lian kept her eyes straight ahead and concentrated on what was in front of her, rather than reading like she usually did. Getting hit on the head with a tree branch yet again was the last thing the female wanted to do. After passing through a few more trees, Lian realized that she was in a small village.

Her eyes scanned the area around her, but then she stopped when she saw what looked to be a small inn. Shrugging her shoulders so she could get a better grip on her bag, the hybrid walked slowly to the inn. She was only a few more feet away from the door before her eyebrows raised in a surprised manner.

From a window, Lian could see that it was far too crowded in the shop for the withdrawn girl’s taste. She halted to a stop for a moment to decide on what to do next. It would probably be better if she just stayed outside. Lian felt her brows furrow as she blinked twice before solemnly walking closer to the foundation. She turned and leaned toward the right side of where the door was. After taking another quick glance around the village, the hybrid's emotionless eyes shifted down to her bag, trying to locate her book.

But not even a book could distract her from this feeling that she got from inside the building. Something about the group in there just didn't feel right to her. What if some of the people in there . . . what if they were hybrids?

If they were, that only gave more reason to why the teen should just lay low for a bit and not go inside just yet. Lian wanted steer clear from hybrids as long as possible; for she did not want to face any just yet. Even after all these years, the teen still felt guilty about how she treated most the hybrids back at the lab. . . the Place.

Lian pushed her glasses closer near her eyes as she brought out the book that she was reading before. Flipping through the pages, Lian found where she originally stopped and continued to read.

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com
The oncoming night would be a strange one.

How long she had been running about, she knew not. As far as usable information all she'd gathered was a number. There were three different clans here, all making up small groups to form a joint effort in the events to unfold when the moon took over the sun's domain. She'd counted around nine Vampires here, and she didn't like the number at all. She'd seen no sign of the boy and girl she'd been searching for either. On top of that ... it was a full moon tonight. How long had it been since she'd seen a full moon?

Lilly sighed. This was proving to be a rather large pain in the neck after all.

"Excuse me ... have you seen a sixteen-year-old boy about this high ..."

Sentence breaking off her left hand shot up, the female going up on her toes at an attempt to show a stature of six foot four.

"And a fifteen-year-old girl about this high ..."

This time her sentence broke off, right hand dropping the large bag which had been tossed over her shoulder, before rising to achieve a five foot nine height.

The man she was addressing shook his head, "I'm sorry miss, I haven't." He then turned promptly and walked off.

Lilly sighed once more, this was the reaction she'd been having all day. "Honestly how common are teenagers of that height!" Her voice held enthusiasm, asking an imaginary companion the misleading question. Brows narrowing she paused, grasping the large bag once more before tossing it over her shoulder with a sharp clang. She was getting no where, and on top of it her feet were killing her. "Useless people ..."

The female forced forward, turning on her heel to head down an unknown lane. Her stomach had been growling, however she'd promptly been ignoring it. Large eyes lifting they scanned, for the first time since the early morning hours lacking their intense aura. As the day went on, and her patience grew thinner, her morale seemed to dim to the eyes of those around her. The once rudely rushed girl was in a state of, ever-growing, sluggish behavior. Left limb lifting her wrist flexed, fingers burrowing into the mass of black atop her head. Her nails slid sluggishly in a scratching motion, followed by a mock yawn. She was getting bored.

"Honestly when I find that kid I swear I'll ... " Her sentence paused, eyes growing instantly. She'd unconsciously bumped into someone. The eyes behind the thick rimmed glasses flew over small girl who's nose was buried in a book. A small smile appeared, an apology beginning within it. "Forgive me, I wasn't watching where I was going." With another small smile she pushed open the door the female lingered beside, stepping forward and vanishing through it to recite her usual request of cooperation.

"Excuse me ... have you seen a sixteen-year-old boy about this high ..."

She spoke with a small chuckle, hand lifting promptly from her hair and her toes forcing her height to increase. Jade eyes flying upwards they froze, the continuation of her sentence catching in her throat. She noticed not the two leaving the room; she only noticed the two overbearing auras lingering near the counter. Shock played on her features for a moment, mind blank from the intense emotion. A Vampire, and a Lycanthrope ... both in the same air without ripping each other to shreds. It was strange, but no less welcome in her eyes; however it was the strange, and rather unlikely, part that had her dumbfounded for a few moments.

Ahem.

Lilly cleared her throat, swallowing the free emotion instantly before replacing it with a smile.

"And a fifteen-year-old girl about this high? If you have, you'll be helping me beyond compare."

The bag was dropped instantly and her right hand raised to it's position in this quest. Her request continued, duty coming first. However, her voice was strange and held an extremely high tone of pure joy. Despite her attempt at hiding it, her smile was growing larger. A Vampire and Lycan setting eyes on each other and not lashing out ... maybe things are going in the right direction after all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back