• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*CONFIRMED* Pinocchio World + Jump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Some may see it as a way to keep the man's spirit alive. He was/is King Louie, and if someone just replaces that, then it may feel like that person has really died, and there's nothing left of them to remember. No one likes to lose a loved one.

Some may see it as a scam to get money, but I think it's the first thing I said.
Even though I can understand the purpose, I still think the decision is selfish though. The case has been going on for over a decade and unlike most other companies, Disney actually had the balls to feature a character who had their original voice actor pass away. I would consider that an HONOR to my spouse for getting a chance to debut along side the character and help make him that popular, not a damn disgrace to him/her! Not to mention that King Louie is fan favorite among classic Disney fans and again, few characters have the chance to be accepted like that. Seriously, I don't mind that we can't have King Louie's voice back, but not for a reason as trivial as this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does Tony Jay's wife have issues with people reprising Frollo?If so, I hope they don't like omit Frollo from the game.

Crazy Mario

Does Tony Jay's wife have issues with people reprising Frollo?If so, I hope they don't like omit Frollo from the game.
You have just given me the worse nightmare I have had in years, FROLLO ONLY SPEAKING IN TEXT BUBBLES IN KINGDOM HEARTS! Please don't let it be true!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You have just given me the worse nightmare I have had in years, FROLLO ONLY SPEAKING IN TEXT BUBBLES IN KINGDOM HEARTS! Please don't let it be true!
I think that they're trying to omit the text bubbles in cutscenes now after BBS.The 3DS is more powerful than the PSP so if the PSP can have every cutscene be spoken, DDD will have voiced cutscenes(And hopefully KH3 too) but my main issue is completely cutting him out.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

They could just bring in his very identical cousin Judge Claude Larry.

Wait... Wrong character.

No, but seriously, if they cut my Frollo boss fight, someone's getting cut.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They could just bring in his very identical cousin Judge Claude Larry.

Wait... Wrong character.

No, but seriously, if they cut my Frollo boss fight, someone's getting cut.
I just want to take the time here to say, usually I am VERY wrong with my information in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, so do not, I repeat DO NOT, believe this to be true.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I doubt they would cut it out for any reason...I mean, if a VA is the only problem, there has to be one person out there who sounds like him...someone!
Problem is the wife not wanting anyone to voice the character of Frollo. Isn't that why one of the Jungle Book or Robin Hood characters never appeared in anything other than the main movie?

Crazy Mario

IF FROLLO IS NOT A BOSS, I... I! WILL DO THE MOST HORRIBLE AND GRUESOME THING THAT SQUARE ENIX AND DISNEY CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO COMPREHEND! IT WILL DRIVE THEM TO THE BRINK OF MADNESS, OPEN THE GATES OF HELL BEFORE THEIR EYES, AND I WILL WATCH AS THEY SLOWLY DROP AND COMMIT SUICIDE RIGHT BENEATH MY FEET! I, MARIO J. VIERA THE SECOND, WILL HAVE THE HONORABLE PLEASURE OF DOOMING THESE ENDURING CORPORATIONS OF HOPE AND EFFORT BY...
Writing an angry letter.
EDIT: But don't worry. If you look on the bottom right you can see Sora, Frollo, and Phoebus, talking with SUBTITLES so Frollo will have a voice actor. Besides, its not like she reads a Japanese magazine and will instantly rage to the point of filing a lawsuit.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's a Japanese voice actor though.

I think I'm wrong though.

Crazy Mario

That's a Japanese voice actor though.

I think I'm wrong though.
But if she did file a lawsuit, wouldn't that mean the character can't ever be voiced again, ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE WORLD. It just wouldn't make sense that they would only try to ban one language and Square Enix wouldn't add a cutscene like that for the Japanese if the lawsuit exists, (Unless it's a Final Mix or something just as unfair to most KH fans.)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That is indeed a Japanese voice actor, speaking in a Japanese cutscene.
the "I think I'm wrong though" was about the whole wife and problems part, not the Japanese voice actors hahahaha

Lonbilly

Awards
I'm pretty sure his wife wouldn't try suing about Frollo... I mean, how would she even find out about Frollo being voiced for Kingdom Hearts? Sure, it's a well-known game, but not that well known, to me anyway.

IF FROLLO IS NOT A BOSS, I... I! WILL DO THE MOST HORRIBLE AND GRUESOME THING THAT SQUARE ENIX AND DISNEY CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO COMPREHEND! IT WILL DRIVE THEM TO THE BRINK OF MADNESS, OPEN THE GATES OF HELL BEFORE THEIR EYES, AND I WILL WATCH AS THEY SLOWLY DROP AND COMMIT SUICIDE RIGHT BENEATH MY FEET! I, MARIO J. VIERA THE SECOND, WILL HAVE THE HONORABLE PLEASURE OF DOOMING THESE ENDURING CORPORATIONS OF HOPE AND EFFORT BY...
Writing an angry letter.

You have no idea how much I enjoyed this xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure his wife wouldn't try suing about Frollo... I mean, how would she even find out about Frollo being voiced for Kingdom Hearts? Sure, it's a well-known game, but not that well known, to me anyway.
Royalties? She would be paid every time he's used because of he was the original right?

Lonbilly

Awards
Royalties? She would be paid every time he's used because of he was the original right?

Lol oh yeah, that would make sense! God, sometimes things just slip by me ;>.>

But if she was gonna file, I think it would have come up by now. The fact that DDD is going by so fast in production leads me to believe that the NA/Outside Voice Acting very well could have started by now, so I'm sure they have someone and have let her know already.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lol oh yeah, that would make sense! God, sometimes things just slip by me ;>.>

But if she was gonna file, I think it would have come up by now. The fact that DDD is going by so fast in production leads me to believe that the NA/Outside Voice Acting very well could have started by now, so I'm sure they have someone and have let her know already.
I could honestly be wrong though and my info is just mixed with the Jungle Book guy and I've made a big deal out of nothing :p

I should get a special award. "User to mostly present in-correct information as facts and cause widespread panic"
oh shit it's frollo shit just got real
Indeed it has. I imagine one of his attacks will be Hellfire.

Edit: I would like to add that with Sora being with Frollo and the Captain, I believe that my idea that Sora will take the first half of the world and Riku the last might be true.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That doesn't sound so bad actually. Whatever new voice they get for Frollo Corey Burton is just going to be a pale imitation. With Text you can at least imagine Tony Jay's voice in your head.

Its why I prefer CoM over RECoM.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
But wouldn't it be weird to see everyone else talking and then Frollo without any voice at all?

Also, the screen of Frollo has subtitles, and it looks like he's the one talking. So like it or not, they're replacing Tony Jay with a (hopefully excellent) substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back