• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

College

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 205602

You don't know the true sadness of college unless you're an art student...4 hours+ of homework for each studio class a week. :'(

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
You don't know the true sadness of college unless you're an art student...4 hours+ of homework for each studio class a week. :'(

Hahahahahahahahaha, are you serious?
I had way more than 4 hours of homework per studio class per week just as a high school student doing a summer college art program.

As an engineer, just one of my 3-hour classes had at least 15+ hours of homework due per week last semester (diddly. you. numerical methods). When I finally got all my graded weekly homeworks for that class turned back to me, they made a 6" stack of paper.

4 hours of homework for a single class a week is really not that much. I can't remember the last time I had a weekly homework assignment that short. Even high school had more homework than that per week.

Anyway, my current schedule for the next semester is:
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics II
Heat Transfer Operations
Chemical Engineering Workplace Writing
Quantitative Chemical Analysis + Lab
Undergraduate Research

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards

Preachin to the choir man... (at least just me, idk). Finally graduating this coming semester and I only have one more studio class to take. Then I can do artsy stuff on my own instead of for some elitist instructor. :(

Even high school had more homework than that per week.

Unless you're deliberately over-achieving I refuse to believe this.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Unless you're deliberately over-achieving I refuse to believe this. I maintained a 3.7 and did almost no homework (except maths and maybe English lit).

Well I either took online classes, AP classes, or college credit classes in high school so I never experienced this "do no homework and maintain a 3.7" bullshit most American teenagers have conditioned their lazy asses in order to attain high school success.

D

Deleted member 36435

Hahahahahahahahaha, are you serious?
I had way more than 4 hours of homework per studio class per week just as a high school student doing a summer college art program.

As an engineer, just one of my 3-hour classes had at least 15+ hours of homework due per week last semester (diddly. you. numerical methods). When I finally got all my graded weekly homeworks for that class turned back to me, they made a 6" stack of paper.

4 hours of homework for a single class a week is really not that much. I can't remember the last time I had a weekly homework assignment that short. Even high school had more homework than that per week.

Anyway, my current schedule for the next semester is:
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics II
Heat Transfer Operations
Chemical Engineering Workplace Writing
Quantitative Chemical Analysis + Lab
Undergraduate Research
dude arent you super christian i thought jerking yourself off was a sin

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
dude arent you super christian i thought jerking yourself off was a sin

tumblr_lb84fnMM0G1qck9hho1_400.gif

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Well I either took online classes, AP classes, or college credit classes in high school so I never experienced this "do no homework and maintain a 3.7" bullshit most American teenagers have conditioned their lazy asses in order to attain high school success.

it's fair to say that homeschool students do take more advanced classes, but uh, also remember that because i went to public school it wasn't exactly uncommon to do the "3.7 and not try" route, and i went to a fairly high-demand hs. similarly, you were homeschooled in america weren't you? i feel your statement is misdirected. that "bullshit" really only applies to publicly schooled students, not all americans. but i do agree, it's a very common teenage attitude more than likely.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
it's fair to say that homeschool students do take more advanced classes, but uh, also remember that because i went to public school it wasn't exactly uncommon to do the "3.7 and not try" route, and i went to a fairly high-demand hs. similarly, you were homeschooled in america weren't you? i feel your statement is misdirected. that "bullshit" really only applies to publicly schooled students, not all americans. but i do agree, it's a very common teenage attitude more than likely.

Yeah, you're right, and I know that it's common with public school students. I went to public high school for a time. Most of my friends in college went to public high school. I'm very aware of the attitude of most students in public high school. It's a complete side/off-topic, but the fact that people coast by in public high school and make A's with little effort is indicative of the outrageously poor work ethic young adults come to college with.

D

Deleted member 36435

I don't see why you are generalizing so heavily based off of nothing. I know plenty of people who struggled in High School and had to work very hard to get their grades. I also know people who found it super easy and took on additional challenges like extra curricular activities or AP courses. There were also plenty of people who put in minimum effort and just were there to make it through so they could move on with their lives. I'm sure these types of people also exist in private, religious or home schooling. It's not like High School really means anything, anyways. Aside from getting your diploma, of course. But even then you could just sub in a GED.

The fact that you also saw someone complain about their work load and then just used it as an opportunity to just bring up that you are an engineer or engineering student and how life is so hard for you for the fiftieth time just shows how out of touch with reality you are actually are. It's been explained to you hundreds of times that everyone's circumstances are different. Some people need to go to work, take care of siblings, etc. So four hours a night, or even a week is time they might not be able to afford. Or maybe they can afford it and are just lazy fucks. Who cares?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
I don't see why you are generalizing so heavily based off of nothing. I know plenty of people who struggled in High School and had to work very hard to get their grades. I also know people who found it super easy and took on additional challenges like extra curricular activities or AP courses. There were also plenty of people who put in minimum effort and just were there to make it through so they could move on with their lives. I'm sure these types of people also exist in private, religious or home schooling. It's not like High School really means anything, anyways. Aside from getting your diploma, of course. But even then you could just sub in a GED.

Obviously, which is why I implied it's not even worth discussing because it's totally side/off-topic, i.e. irrelevant. It's just an anecdote. Something I have observed from my personal experiences (which for me is not "nothing", I have also seen statistics of how many freshman at my school go on probation/fail out of harder majors their first semester because they don't know how to study). Many many high schoolers don't know how to study, and they get a shock when they get to college (the ones that had good grades. of course I'm not talking about the ones who had awful grades) and they can't just ignore assignments and get A's.

The fact that you also saw someone complain about their work load and then just used it as an opportunity to just bring up that you are an engineer or engineering student and how life is so hard for you for the fiftieth time just shows how out of touch with reality you are actually are.

This is absolutely stupid, Victor. I didn't bring it up out of nowhere or anything for no reason, I brought it up as a comparison because it was relevant to the point I was making in the conversation at hand. I guess I should apologize for saying the words "As an engineer", jeez, my diddlying bad for the identification. I haven't even talked in any sort of detail about my major in months because some of your vaginas get full of sand whenever I talk about college in the college thread. Like just now. You just like getting salty whenever I talk about it no matter the context. diddly off. It's absolutely unbelievable that someone has the audacity to say that nobody realizes the true sadness of college until you are an arts student with 4+ hours of homework, but if I even approach a reply of the topic from my angle, I'm considered the insatiably, unreasonably bitchy one who is "out-of-touch" with reality in your eyes. Oh right.

It's been explained to you hundreds of times that everyone's circumstances are different. Some people need to go to work, take care of siblings, etc. So four hours a night, or even a week is time they might not be able to afford. Or maybe they can afford it and are just lazy diddlys. Who cares?

I for one don't actually diddlying care about the lives people lead off this shitty forum that gets its panties in a twist any time I post, but it's called having a thread where people talk and shit, so I figured even though people don't care, doesn't mean that people should avoid diddlying conversation or discourse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

Obviously, which is why I implied it's not even worth discussing because it's totally side/off-topic, i.e. irrelevant. It's just an anecdote. Something I have observed from my personal experiences (which for me is not "nothing", I have also seen statistics of how many freshman at my school go on probation/fail out of harder majors their first semester because they don't know how to study). Many many high schoolers don't know how to study, and they get a shock when they get to college (the ones that had good grades. of course I'm not talking about the ones who had awful grades) and they can't just ignore assignments and get A's.

This is absolutely stupid, Victor. I didn't bring it up out of nowhere or anything for no reason, I brought it up as a comparison because it was relevant to the point I was making in the conversation at hand. I guess I should apologize for saying the words "As an engineer", jeez, my diddlying bad for the identification. I haven't even talked in any sort of detail about my major in months because some of your vaginas get full of sand whenever I talk about college in the college thread. Like just now. You just like getting salty whenever I talk about it no matter the context. diddly off. It's absolutely unbelievable that someone has the audacity to say that nobody realizes the true sadness of college until you are an arts student with 4+ hours of homework, but if I even approach a reply of the topic from my angle, I'm considered the insatiably, unreasonably bitchy one who is "out-of-touch" with reality in your eyes. Oh right.

I for one don't actually diddlying care about the lives people lead off this shitty forum that gets its panties in a twist any time I post, but it's called having a thread where people talk and shit, so I figured even though people don't care, doesn't mean that people should avoid diddlying conversation or discourse.
tumblr_lb84fnMM0G1qck9hho1_400.gif

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
the fact that people coast by in public high school and make A's with little effort is indicative of the outrageously poor work ethic young adults come to college with.

More of a statement about diminishing standards in public education and not necessarily the students who represent that system (whom have zero choice in the matter but simply to obey). Although colleges at least try to prepare students with ACTs and other things. Communication and just better academic planning via advising and college recruiting would prevent the issue of low retention, wherever there is any.

D

Deleted member 205602

@Dogenzaka

Well I said 4+ hours because it typically exceeds this. I believe that you are in a major where there are actual answers? Could be wrong, not very familiar with your field. In mine, there are no right answers, but there sure are wrong ones. Basically, every week is creating and creating until something satisfying has been made, which could amount to nothing in critiques. I've spent a weekends working on single pieces, and weeks working on series of works. I've spent a full 12 hours straight working on one of less tedious sculptures. So if I made you think I'm strictly only at 4 hours for each class, I was giving you the typical minimum. All up to the person and effort.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Come on, Dogen.

You cannot sit there and tell me that you don't frequently call attention to the fact that you are an engineering student. You cannot tell me that you don't take every opportunity in this thread to describe how much tougher you have it at college than anybody else. If someone even mentions that college is tough, you affirm that your life is tougher.

We don't have sympathy for it anymore, man. It's just kind of annoying now.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
lol people acting like college is actually hard
different circumstances, not everybody is gonna have the same life experience
Unless you're deliberately over-achieving I refuse to believe this.
i think only public schools don't give that much hw, i went to a private school and they grilled us with HW every diddlyin day

i'd also like to say AP classes are the biggest diddlyin rip-off and if possible a person should take the actual class at a CC and get credit for it

also nyangoro is right, i found my sound recording minor course load at the same level if not more difficult than my EE major course load. another thing to take into account are the profs, some of these people are just straight up dicks and ass graders, especially the liberal art and philosophy ones, it's like if something doesn't satisfy their demand it's wrong. which why i hate classes like psychology, ethics & morality, and english or you can have a prof who will take tremendous points off during a test for one minor mistake.

Last edited:

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Come on, Dogen.

You cannot sit there and tell me that you don't frequently call attention to the fact that you are an engineering student. You cannot tell me that you don't take every opportunity in this thread to describe how much tougher you have it at college than anybody else.

Actually I can, because if you have two eyes and don't have brain damage you can read the past year of posts I've made in this thread. Starting on page 36 or so. There were very few times I even mentioned my major, and it was usually to respond to a question or a concern or draw a comparison regarding that field. There was only two times I specifically mentioned my workload, from what I can see, and one of them was to refer to the exact same class I mentioned in my post yesterday. This is the most activity the thread has had in months. I generally follow the flow of conversation. If people are talking about winging tests, I mention a time I did. If people are talking about research, I talk about a time I did. If people are talking about having a bad prof, I talk about the time I did. Basically, you are full of shit. Hardly frequent or "take every opportunity" considering my posting activity over the past year.

I actually listed my past year's posts in this post, but then deleted it and decided to not include it because it would be a long post, and you can look at it yourselves.

And it's like everyone basically ignored that I used to be a fine arts student. I was headed to art school. I studied at Pratt Institute for Graphic Design. I know what it's like to be in studio classes. That was my very first sentence in my post yesterday.

We don't have sympathy for it anymore, man. It's just kind of annoying now.

Ha. I don't need the sympathy of forum plebes. :p If I wanted sympathy I'd get it from people I care about getting it from.

Last edited:
Back