• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bullet Train for USA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khfan01

I have been thinking about this long time. Okay if USA had the enough money to build our own Bullet Train (if you don't know what is Bullet Train, then please don't reply this) is it possible to build the railway for it from New York City to Chicago? If so how would we do it?

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I know that Chicago is actually considering some high-speed railways, though I don't know how far along plans are, or the extent of the project.

Here's a link to an article I read in April about a Midwestern train system that Obama's proposing though.

Click.

A

Azrael

I know that Chicago is actually considering some high-speed railways, though I don't know how far along plans are, or the extent of the project.

Here's a link to an article I read in April about a Midwestern train system that Obama's proposing though.

Click.

It's sort of a project that's never gained much traction in the United States. I might it would be nice to start expanding the current high speed rail system nationwide but I doubt that he'll get the funds for it considering how deep we're now in the red.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Several cities across the U.S. have already considered this and don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that some have made moves to actually make it happen. Look it up, I'm sure there's something you can find on it.

Last edited:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I very much like the idea of a cross-country bullet train. Very expensive initially, but I think it would be much cheaper for everyone in the long run.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I very much like the idea of a cross-country bullet train. Very expensive initially, but I think it would be much cheaper for everyone in the long run.

I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. Wouldn't it save on gas/ coal? Hasn't it been successful elsewhere? *Checks the wiki* (Yes, I know it isn't the best source.) Just look at that safety record! I bet that's a lot better than cars, airplanes, and pretty much everything. If there is anything in transportation to worth investing in, I say it is this. One of the only downsides to it is the noise issues.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
It would cost, billions maybe trillions of dollars to make it from city to city. Especially if the cities are spread out. So I'd doubt we would do it any time soon unless money began to grow on trees or something.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Agreed. A cross-country bullet train would be one of its kind for a country so large, IMO.

If we could get trains from major cities like L.A. and Las Vegas and Houston and Phoenix and Atlanta tied to Midwestern cities like Chicago and Detroit to like Northeast cities like Boston and New York City, the country would be more unified, IMO.

Then again crime would probably be a great concern, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back