• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Re: Riku in KH3D

QUOTE=Watanuki-kun;5707377]I read all comments here and I must say: All of you are pretty serious about this situation.
We don't know if the Riku we saw was Repliku or it was Data Riku. I can't chose sides which Riku is still alive. But after I read both Lonbilly and Mario (hey pal how's it going? :D ) I came conclusion.
Data Riku is alive, while Repliku is in the realm of sleep, waiting for his time to come back like the rest of our favorite charaters ^^

Lonbilly made me realize that Data Riku is the only person that can be in that meeting in Monstro.
Sign me in to Team Data Riku~ :D *.* :3[/QUOTE]
You know what, I've finally come to my senses. I thought there could only be one, while your comment convinced me there could be two Rikus and that Data Riku should be the only one he's able to meet in Monstro and Lonbilly has actually supported the theory I've just posted. I've made my decision, I'M SWITCHIN' OVER TO DATA RIKU GUYS! SO LONG, REPLIKU MINORITY! (Yo, Watanuki, how's it been my fine friend? I've missed talking with you quite a bit! :D)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

How did Data Riku add to Soras and Rikus friendship at all? 0_o
Sora: If there's just enough time to escape, then there's just enough time to stop the bugs. We can beat this, Riku!
Riku: What? You're not listening!
Sora: Heh heh! Come on, Riku. You didn't really think I'd just give up and leave?
Riku: Sora, I... Ugh, why do I bother? Once you get an idea in your head, that's it.
Sora: Well, at least you learned to stop trying! That's progress!
Riku: All right, well the bugs have stolen your powers, so the first thing you've gotta do is get them back.
That light over there leads deeper into my data. Inside is a world from my memories...and some of the bugs that took your data. Get the data back, get your powers back. It's simple. THEN you can worry about me. Once you've regained your powers and stopped the bugs in one world, another world should open. Be careful.
Sora: Right. Be right back!
Riku: Good luck in there. And thanks.
Sora: Riku, why didn't you just tell what was going on?
Riku: You still needed to toughen up a little on your own. You had a difficult job ahead, and if you couldn't do it... Well, I guess I would've been on my own.
Sora: Riku... You always try to take everything on by yourself. But I LIKE getting dragged into your messes. Donald and Goofy said the same thing to me.
Riku: Maybe so, but--
Sora: Forget this "on my own" talk already.
Riku: Sorry... You're right.
Sora: And stop saying you're sorry. We've got better things to do! You ready?
Riku: Sora... Really, I'm sor--
Sora: Nope! Don't say it!
Riku: Can you blame me? I shouldn't have let the bugs in like this. Every time it's me against some outside force, I give in and--
Sora: Riku, would you can it for a second? How many worlds have we been to now?
Riku: Um...
Sora: 'Cause not long ago, the answer would've been "one." But now, you and me have been all kinds of places, and instead of dreaming about what's out there, we only have to remember it. We've got the whole universe inside of us. Just let that sink in for a second.
Riku: ...Pretty incredible.
Sora: All those worlds inside you, and you know what? You're still Riku. Doesn't matter how many "outside forces" you have to face--because everything you touch makes you stronger. Always has.
Riku: Th-thanks.
Sora: Heh heh, you like that? Sounded wise beyond my years, right?
Riku: A little flowery, but you made your point, half-pint.
Sora: H-hey! I'll remember that when I'm taller than you!
Riku: Ha ha! I look forward to that. And Sora?
Sora: Yeah?
Riku: ...Never mind. I'll tell you when all this is over.
Sora: Sure, okay--when I see you on the other side!
Sora: Well, it was a good one. I lost the Keyblade. But see, that just proves things are gonna work out!
Riku: Um, how?
Sora: No matter what you lose, you can always get it back. And that means YOU can get yourself back!
Riku: Heh, I sometimes envy how simple your world is.
Sora: Is...that a compliment?
Riku: I envy whatever makes you think it could be.
Sora: Gee, thanks.
Riku: Ha ha ha. Race ya back.
Sora: H-hey, wait up!
Their relationship here is one of trust, forgiveness, and innocence. It allowed a version of Sora and Riku to interact properly after the whole "Riku gone to Darkness" and the talks about staying in the Dark Realm forever. This added depth and, dare I say, love to their rocky relationship, that made us see, real or data, they're the two best friends anyone could ever have.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Their relationship here is one of trust, forgiveness, and innocence. It allowed a version of Sora and Riku to interact properly after the whole "Riku gone to Darkness" and the talks about staying in the Dark Realm forever. This added depth and, dare I say, love to their rocky relationship, that made us see, real or data, they're the two best friends anyone could ever have.
Yes a VERSION of Riku and Sora, but not the real things. Lets be honest this Riku in the Realm of Sleep is neither Repliku or Data Riku we're doing that thing were we over think everthing
Oh yeah and 100th post, tripple digits ^…^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Umm, more yoai feul because of ReCoded?

um, nobody cares about that except you, OKR. :|

The characterization of Sora and Riku and the growth of their friendship was the best seen in the series. *points to Chaser's quotes*

Their friendship was the reason I loved Re:coded so much, and also why I wanted to break the cart. I'm hoping that friendship is reflected in DDD because that was the only complaint I had about Re:coded. None of it happened to the real Sora and Riku, but I believe we can infer that this is the how the real Sora and Riku's friendship is since the datas were reflections of the younger Sora and Riku.

Also, while people say the script in Re:coded was awful, I found it a big improvement over KH2 and Days' script. Sora and Riku's banter was hilarious and believable.

Yes a VERSION of Riku and Sora, but not the real things. Lets be honest this Riku in the Realm of Sleep is neither Repliku or Data Riku we're doing that thing were we over think everthing
Oh yeah and 100th post, tripple digits ^…^

Like I said, we can infer that the data's relationship is the same as the real ones since they are reflections, but different experiences led to the same end point we should expect in DDD.

Yes, we could be wrong, but we are too far into the series to start adding more unneeded elements. It has to be Repliku, Data Riku, some dream reflection bs, or Xion. I'd rather it be between Repliku and Data Riku, and from that I prefer Data Riku.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yes a VERSION of Riku and Sora, but not the real things.
However they embody the real Sora and Riku. The things they say, the things they think, the things they do would be what the real versions would say/think/do.

Lets be honest this Riku in the Realm of Sleep is neither Repliku or Data Riku we're doing that thing were we over think everthing
Unfortunately, for any theory to survive, you need proof. There's no proof so far that the Riku there isn't either one of those Riku's.

I'm hoping that friendship is reflected in DDD because that was the only complaint I had about Re:coded. None of it happened to the real Sora and Riku, but I believe we can infer that this is the how the real Sora and Riku's friendship is since the datas were reflections of the younger Sora and Riku.

Okay, I was typing this while you posted so I didn't see this, but omg. @bolded is what I typed(sort of). We're thinking alike again Ethy :3

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Ethnic, I was kidding. But a serious note, it's hard to tell which one it is (Replica or Data), because if it's another clone, we know what will happen next.

And if I were to choose, I pick Replica Riku since I enjoyed fighting him in Re: Com. Plus a fan name he got; Haku, grew on me

Crazy Mario

You know, I completely agree with you. When I first played through Coded, I wasn't really expecting much. But when I saw how Sora and Riku were reacting to each other in Hollow Bastion it felt weird, but in a good way. Most series always like to pit their main protagonists against each other, which is exactly what occurred in this series. But the sad thing is, I never got to see how they reacted towards each other, what brought them so close, because all I ever really saw was that Sora had an abnormal obsession with him. But when I saw this scene I knew, they really had a good and realistic relationship. They always compliment each other and two pieces that make a miracle when they're rarely brought together. This is probably one of the few fictional relationships I can relate to with two of my cousins because we've actually been through thick and thin, make fun of each other and say jokes, and always stand up for the other in every time they needed our/my help. It's really beautiful to see how far Sora and RIku's friendship has evolved over the past nine-ten years. Now if you excuse me, I think I need to go get a tissue...

Awards

Wow, is the fandom really splitting into factions over this?
Actually, I stopped asking questions like that a long time ago.

Anyway, as for my own two cents, I'm currently leaning toward Data Riku.
My first impression of the trailer was that it was Repliku. We had already discussed how Repliku should have been one of those in torment and in need of saving, so he had been in the back of my mind. Plus, Riku meeting another Riku just brings up memories of CoM.

However, there are a couple reasons why I figure it's Data Riku.
First is a minor reason: the Organization cloak. Not that Repliku couldn't be in an Organization cloak, but Data Riku is the one to appear in it, and most of the returning characters appear to be wearing their usual outfits.

The second is a bit more substantial: We know the data from coded will have some relevance in 3D and that's the clincher for me. Maleficent wants the world data from Mickey. How this will play a part in the plot, I have no clue, but it would make sense then for Data Riku to appear. He is the data of the worlds, so Maleficent is essentially asking for him.
Plus, we already knew that Data Riku/Sora would be mentioned at a later date. Mickey promised to pass on the details of their journeys in coded on to the real Riku and Sora.

Personally, I would like it to be Repliku (a reunion with Riku would be interesting to say the least), but I would place my bets on Data Riku.
We also know that DDD will deal with the data DiZ placed in Sora's heart, which would probably mean Data Riku has some information to divulge on that, as both data himself and as a sort of reflection of Sora's heart (by chronicling his journey, he basically contains the same memories/feelings/etc).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

[video=youtube;N8r9yn_xQB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8r9yn_xQB4&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Start from 7:30. I'm taking this from what Lonbilly said, it seems like the Data Sora will be passing on some messages to the real Sora. It's the wording of the scene, it makes it seem like Mickey sent the message but said doesn't play on saying anything more. All the rest will be told to the real Sora through the Data Sora in the Realm of Sleep. And why not have Data Riku tell the Real Riku about some things as well? After all, he IS the all-knowing journal.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

I'm just curious as to why everyone here loves Data Riku quite a bit. I saw him as pretty much Riku, but with the excuse of being the journal. He wasn't bad by any means, he was just Riku. Someone at the studio was upset with the lack of Riku, so they drew up an excuse to logically have him in the game. Good ol' Riku.

Replica Riku I think makes a bit more sense to have, plus he was a different character than Riku (once he realized who he was), I'd rather it be him. Though I understand that Data Riku was implied to be making a return...

So what's the dealie-o with all the Data Riku love?

(Riku count: 9)

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Haha those Drop Gauges are pretty epic Sign ^_^

Someone mind filling me in on why Data Riku would be in his own dream? Didn't get a chance to play Re:Coded, but now that I have a 3DS I might pick it up.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Err, bad communication on my part. Rephrased: If Data Riku is only memories from Jimmy's journal, why would those memories be a significance in Riku's own dream? Just looking for better theories or proof if anyone has it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Realm of Sleep isn't "Riku's own dream". Data Riku has significance with Sora because the journal and Sora share a special connection, one that could possibly be linked with Riku if Sora indeed does have some of Riku's memories within him.

Crazy Mario

Err, bad communication on my part. Rephrased: If Data Riku is only memories from Jimmy's journal, why would those memories be a significance in Riku's dream? Just looking for better theories or proof if anyone has it.
Well, the whole theme of DDD is discovering about Ansem the Wise's data in Sora and it would make sense to have Data Riku explain this situation as he is data and the one who deciphered Namine's message. He's probably in the Realm of Sleep because once the message was deciphered Data Sora and Riku would lose the memories they've gained and would fall "asleep" because Namine in CoM explained that memories can never truly be erased, only taken apart from their links. These sleeping memories have likely arrived in the Realm of Sleep and manifested as Data Sora and Data Riku who will likely search for the real versions and inform them about the people they have to say instead of the vague and essentially useless letter Mickey wrote. Seriously, his letter summarized was just basically, "Get your lazy ass off of the island you've spent over a year searching and returning with your friends and go on another adventure for no reason whatsoever! Also, you need to take the Mark of Mastery."

Edit: And like Chaser said, the Realm of Sleep isn't Riku's dream. It's a whole other realm where worlds and characters that have fallen asleep/dead end up. Not to mention the book with nothing, but ink and paper somehow holds a a special connection with a heart of living flesh and blood who's not even the one who wrote in the journal.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well,
the whole theme of DDD is discovering about Ansem the Wise's data in Sora and it would make sense to have Data Riku explain this situation as he is data and the one who deciphered Namine's message. He's probably in the Realm of Sleep because once the message was deciphered Data Sora and Riku would lose the memories they've gained and would fall "asleep" because Namine in CoM explained that memories can never truly be erased, only taken apart from their links. These sleeping memories have likely arrived in the Realm of Sleep and manifested as Data Sora and Data Riku who will likely search for the real versions and inform them about the people they have to say instead of the vague and essentially useless letter Mickey wrote. Seriously, his letter summarized was just basically, "Get your lazy ass off of the island you've spent over a year searching and returning with your friends and go on another adventure for no reason whatsoever! Also, you need to take the Mark of Mastery."
Listen to this guy, I just made stuff up about Sora having Riku's memories because I didn't really wanna respond and it would seem suspicious if I dropped out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Turns out its niether, its Xion looking like Riku!
Once again, prooooooooooooooooooof. /sarcasm.

Think the "Riku on the Clocktower" scene will be delved into during this game? It was put into Re:Coded for a reason, no doubt for 3D.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

The Realm of Sleep isn't "Riku's own dream".

Hmm. When Joshua says, "It appears this world is just like ours, seemingly split into two parts" does he not mean that Sora and Riku enter the Realm of Sleep in two different dreams? To my knowledge, the Realm of Sleep is a dream.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hmm. When Joshua says, "It appears this world is just like ours, seemingly split into two parts" does he not mean that Sora and Riku enter the Realm of Sleep in two different dreams? To my knowledge, the Realm of Sleep is a dream.
But it's not Riku dreaming it up. The Realm of Sleep exists without having one person dreaming it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back