• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Berry or iPhone?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Black Berry or iPhone?

• Black Berry

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • iPhone

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key_of_Faith

This issue has been bugging me for months. Almost everyone I know has a Black Berry (mostly cuz of the instant messaging app), but few have an iPhone. I heard that the iPhone has an app that acts like the Instant Messaging app on the BB. Is that true?
I never owned an Apple product. My sister (who uses a BB) says that buying an iPhone means having to download iTunes, and she considers it a hassle (cuz my other sister had an iPod for years and iTunes was annoying her).
I like the BB cuz of the Instant Messaging app. It helps me connect with everyone I know. My sister says I can also receive my emails on it. Plus, it's considered a 'cool' thing to carry arround (I don't really care).
I like the iPhone cuz it has many functions, mainly the iPod app. I use my PSP to listen to music, and it's kinda too big to carry around. I wanted the new iPod nano and a new phone, so I thought the iPhone is a great idea.

I wanna buy something that I won't regret. Any help, recommendation, or advice is welcome. Thank you in advance.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
If you have a Mac and you want painless, seamless integration, however, then the iPhone is your best bet. But you don't. And so the Blackberry is the better option because you already have a fair number of Blackberry users in your network, and BBM can replace a large portion of your texts.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
As if this is a question? Iphone of course

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
New iPhones are overpriced, but if you can pick up one for a truly decent price, go for it.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Be a little more specific. What model of Blackberry/iPhone's are you looking at?

I had a Blackberry Storm for 2 years, and the push-in "touch" screen got old VERY quickly. I now own an iPhone 4, and I think it's a perfectly fine upgrade, despite the complaints that are out there.

Oh, if you're seriously thinking about an iPhone, I'd say wait and see (if possible) if the iPhone 5 is announced, because then you could have a nice, shiny, completely new phone.

axel95

Awards
I own a ipod touch and did own a blackberry. My Blackberry stopped working like after a year I got a new one (the scroll ball thing came out of the first one I had). I'd say the iphone is the way to go, cuz its like a ipod and phone put together. And Itunes isn't that big of a hassle (coming from a Windows XP user).

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Really, it depends entirely on what you plan to do with it.

Most people write-off the Blackberry products because they aren't as multi-media friendly, don't have the best games and lack the same advanced and chic look and feel. If those are what you look for in a phone, then of the two choices, the iPhone is for you.

However, there is a reason RIM doesn't market most of their products to Average Joe Schmoe (the Torch being the exception...). RIM priorities data compression, security and low-level power. The general public doesn't care about these things (because they're ignorant, for the most part) even though they have a huge impact on what you can do with your phone. Personally, I enjoy being able to look anything up on Youtube that I want, or enabling GPS when I'm in a different city, or checking my email 20 times a day. So I'd go for a Blackberry.

But of course, if you want the best of both worlds, you get a Droid.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
this is basically where i stand.... on the subject.
But what it boils down to is what you want do do with your phone. If Android is out of the picture and, if you want a fun phone you cant go wrong with the iphone. If you want a phone just to be a phone but has other functions and like a physical keyboard go with a blackberry.

Key_of_Faith

I only have the BB and iPhone in mind. I didn't think of another phone. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

So, basically, iPhone is the best choice. I thought about it a thousand times and now my choice is clear. Thank you all for your help :D *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back