• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bioshock PS3 CONFIRMED! Possible Graphic Upgrade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
the everlasting rumor about last year's Xbox 360 hit BioShock popping up on the PS3 turns out to be true. According to the July issue of EGM, publisher 2K Games has confirmed that the underwater shooter is making the transition to Sony's shores.

Still don't believe us? Well, if you catch yourself a copy of the July issue (hitting subscribers as we speak, and on newsstands on June 3), you'll get the full scoop on how the Xbox 360 will translate (including some potential graphical improvements) in time for the 2008 holiday season.

Along with a chat with BioShock's new creative director Jordan Thomas (taking over the sunken series from creator Ken Levine), EGM has the first screens and info, including some fishy details about the future of Rapture.
media

(If anyone can hit me up with a larger scan, it'd be appreciated.)

I think some I told you so's are in order, especially from some particular members (rhyming with RuberMeclipes)

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Awesomeness even though this waas already reported in the Sony thread. BUt i cant wait for this game. I wasnt going to get a 360 so i was dissappointted but now hopes are back up.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Doesn't Dogenzaka rhyme with RuperMeclipes? Huh.

So, uh, any content updates, or are we just getting a graphics overhaul?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
To bad they never added online play for this game but the story alone will be enough for me

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Awesome news! They confirmed the game at the right time too, with most of the PS3 FPS fans down in the dumps with Haze. Just in case there's any doubt in anyone's in denial mind, here's PSU's article:

UPDATE: Upon contacting 2K Games, we received the following comment:

"Yes, it is confirmed that BioShock is coming to the PS3. 2K Games will
have an official announcement shortly." -Representative of 2K Games

ORIGINAL STORY: According to CVG, the next issue of UK publication PSM3 contains official confirmation on the long-rumoured PlayStation 3 version of popular shooter, BioShock.

The magazine, due out on June 5, is set to feature exclusive screenshots on the upcoming Take-Two blaster, touting the headline, “Why Xbox’s best shooter is better on PS3.”

Swedish magazine Gamereactor is also claiming to have the first shots of the game in its next issue, due out on June 12.

Rumours of a PS3 version of the immersive FPS materialised as far back as fall 2007, with regular reports popping up thereafter. The game originally hit the Xbox 360 and PC last year, achieving both critical and commercial success.

June 12 June 12...why does that date sound so familar??? lol

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
To bad they never added online play for this game but the story alone will be enough for me

Honestly, I doubt online play would've been very fun. I mean, what would it be? A whole bunch of people running through Rapture, shocking and shooting each other? Plus, Rapture's huge. Finding people alone would be hard enough.

Q

Banned
Uhh, it's a little late for Sony, though. If this is what we're going to see through the console generation, it's a little pointless.

Still, good they're getting one of the best games of the last year, though.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Honestly, I doubt online play would've been very fun. I mean, what would it be? A whole bunch of people running through Rapture, shocking and shooting each other? Plus, Rapture's huge. Finding people alone would be hard enough.

Thats why you cut sections off and make them be able to only access certain parts. But yeah would have been hard to have really any online mode.

Just as Planned

Which brings up another point: Would the character models be Jack clones, or would there be Big Daddies/Splicers as well?
you seem to kinda be missing how what you said can be applied to every first person shooter ever

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Doesn't Dogenzaka rhyme with RuperMeclipes? Huh.

So, uh, any content updates, or are we just getting a graphics overhaul?

We get the post release stuff the pc and 360 had packed in. As far as i know, anyway.

S

Shadow Soldier

So, can the Sony fanboys please shut up and stop whining now?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Ehh, I much rather see it remain exclusive to the 360. It just does not feel right when a title like that becomes multi platformed. That was one of the titles that made the 360 somewhat appealing to me, of course I would not get one, but its nice to crave for something you know you'll never obtain.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Issue hit the stands today, I flipped through it, makes no mention of graphical update. The "graphical update", I believe, was someone reading the cover saying that Bioshock would be "better on PS3" and assumed it meant the graphics would be better (hurrhurr, what does that say about gamers today?)

Anyway, there won't be any graphical improvements necessarily, but load times will be shortened and the DLC from the PC and 360 version are included in the game, along with 2 exclusive weapons: Pyroplasm and Shock Gauntlet.

Issue also mentions that God of War: Chains of Olympus is being ported to the PS2, perhaps due to the title underperforming in sales on the PSP

Skies of Arcadia sequel will be announced soon for the Wii (along with another revived Sega franchise, chances are it's Shenmue)

Oh, and EGM rated Ninja Gaiden 2 higher than Metal Gear Solid 4

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Oh, and EGM rated Ninja Gaiden 2 higher than Metal Gear Solid 4

Yeah something about an A, A-, B+. But I'm not too worried about that. MGS4 pulling out way more outstanding reviews else where. Most likely the game is too complexed for the average gamer. But it will be one of the best games to release in a while.

As for Ninjga Gaiden 2, congrats. Although it really does not have a story (in my opinion) but gameplay appears dynamic.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
makes no mention of graphical update. The "graphical update", I believe, was someone reading the cover saying that Bioshock would be "better on PS3" and assumed it meant the graphics would be better (hurrhurr, what does that say about gamers today?)

EGM is the one who said that.. and so far they are the only one who said that.

Vin

Bronze Member
Dammit! Right when I get a 360 : [ it was the main title that made me want to buy it! O well beat already anyway! Might give this a rent for the free DLC.

Off Topic: W T F ! ! ! ! EGM! HOW THE **** CAN U RATE NG2 BETTER THEN M G S 4!?!!?!?!? Does NG even really have a storyline to it? But in the end it really does come down to gameplay : [ . I guess we will all find out on 6/12/08! 20 DAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back