• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Best Albums of the Year 2012

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Intimacy isn't my favourite of their albums. It had some good moments and some not so (Signs.) I love Talons. I preferred A Weekend in the City as there are just more songs that I really like on it. The Prayer is a particular favourite.

But Four is an interesting mix.

Dream Eaters

The other album I really enjoyed listening to was Daughtry - Break the spell, although this album was released in 2011, but it still counts toward my best 2012 released album booyah!!

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
real talk though either some nights or night visions

i think i prefer the latter

(I don't think I'll ever truly leave this site)
I listened to a lot of music this year, but the top three that are immediately springing to mind as the 'best' are probably:

Clear Moon - Mount Eerie (probably my favorite of the year. nothing else feels like this)
Local Business - Titus Andronicus (if I could cut out like 4ish songs it would be a perfect release)
Centipede Hz - Animal Collective (not as good as their past few albums, but I still listened to it a ton and really enjoy it)

Channel Orange and good kid, m.A.A.d city still have to grow on me a bit more, I think. I like them a lot. Celebration Rock and Bloom are both very good, but generally more of the same. I love Japandroids and Beach House, though, so that's okay.

Shawty

Awards
My favorite albums of 2012 have to be:

Born to Die - Lana Del Rey
Channel Orange - Frank Ocean
Halcyon - Ellie Goulding

all these albums are truly amazing.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
The top 3 (in order):
channel ORANGE - Frank Ocean (Need I say more?)
good kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar (I haven't heard a better rap album in a long time)
Born to Die/Paradise - Lana Del Rey (Really renewed my hope for American pop)

Runner-up awards go to:
Halcyon - Ellie Goulding (Loved the overall sound, 1 or 2 tracks just weren't as good in quality as the rest.)
Trilogy - The Weeknd (Doesn't really count because all of the music on it has been out there since before 2011, but still...)

High hopes for 2013, with a new album guaranteed from The Weeknd and Indicud being due in the next few months.

Last edited:

Dream Eaters

Sonata Arctica - Stones grow her name album. Hmm...? did I already add this album on this thread yet? well it doesn't matter anyway.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I can't believe I forgot to say Scars & Stories by The Fray. Their albums are among my favorites.

Nov

Awards
In no particular order:

Chromatics - Kill for Love
Deftones - Koi No Yokan
Tame Impala - Lonerism
Swallow the Sun - Emerald Forest and The Blackbird
Muse - The 2nd Law
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
Ellie Goulding - Halcyon

Probably forgot something.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city
Slaughterhouse - Welcome To: Our House
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist

i didn't listen to a lot this past year

Shawty

Awards
I knew I'd forget an album, Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds is amazing as well.
There were quite a few good, no, great albums released in 2012. I have high hopes for 2013. Can't wait for Indicud.

Dream Eaters

I got only one album but it's from 2011, mind as well add it, it's called Megadeth - Thirt3en. the best there is, the best there was. ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back