• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Release Date Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
They had to localize every part of the game from it's original Japanese version. Concept and design new keyblades, and make them in the game. Make new songs for the mini-game. Add a new boss, which most likely caused more problems(I.E. Glitches). Make that new mode.

Well, I satisfaction guaranTEE you that most, if not all, of that stuff was nearly complete when they were developing the Japanese version, they just cut it out due to time constraints. When they finished the Japanese version, they were probably like "oh now that we have time let's flip the 'on' switch and put the stuff back in". Or at the very least, all of those things were ideas that Nomura was planning in the first place. Even then, doing most of that stuff probably takes 3-5 months at the very MOST in a competent game studio.

Probably had to change to lip movement so that it would match the voices better.

Yeah, but like I said, they probably started English development back in 2009 around when the voice acting started rolling in, and that kind of thing doesn't take more than a few months (depends, though, with FFXIII and it's humungo graphics, they started the CG English cutscene editing like early 2009). It's something that should have been done in April, at the latest, considering SE's past track record.

Negotiations. Playtest the whole game over.Fix the glitches from the previous version

What? What negotiations? Playtesting an already finished game shouldn't take long. Fixing glitches is a few weeks at best.

If you think about how Final Fantasy XIII released in Japan in December, and in America/Europe in March, and how KH2 released in Japan in December, and in America/Europe in March, you'd think SE had this loveing localization thing down. 358/2 Days was just under 4 months in gap between Japan and America.

It takes SE longer to translate BBS than it does to make a baby.

I realize they have lives, but they also have jobs

S

SoulSilver

wait the voice acting for KH BBS was done in Decemeber for the englis hversion? if thats the case why not release it now? I mean gahh!

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Well the voice actors for the game had updated their Twitters back in November and December with things like "Just got done recording for that new Kingdom Hearts game!" and stuff. As you can see from the official VA thread, those who were not aware of their roles in the game by December, weren't in BBS at all. This means that by December, actors that were to voice act, were already contacted and requested.

Imageshack - coreyburtonemail.png

Here's Jesse McCartney's Twitter from November:
Twitter / Jesse McCartney: Recording yet another King ...

if thats the case why not release it now?

Because the localization team is playing paper football on their desks.

Last edited:

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Because Japan doesn't want us to enjoy their games. Well im going to be buying all the games before they come out in english. IM sick of waiting im getting them the day they release in japan!!

S

SoulSilver

well Seraph told me about Pandora's battery and the fact there is a english patch for BBS, so I'm doing that right now, because I'm tired of waiting.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
I encourage you to buy the game when it releases regardless of whether you "play it early" because of the English VA, the extra boss and stuff, and to support the franchise.

But hell even I gave it a test drive. All it did was confirm a purchase for me.

S

SoulSilver

I encourage you to buy the game when it releases regardless of whether you "play it early" because of the English VA, the extra boss and stuff, and to support the franchise.

I'm sorry Dogen I just can't wait anymore, I mean I hate the release date its so far away now, if it was released in July or August I would of been happy, but September is like to far for me, look what I did I cancled my pre order for it to buy a ps2/dmc and I'm super happy now, Sol is helping me.

S

SoulSilver

This better be an amazing game, I am too pumped and I have been waiting forever
getting pumped like you makes time go by slower I'm getting so tired of being pumped that I had to get the JP version :(

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan

dont worry, im definently looking forward to the english version! the only spells i really remembered in japanese were the cure ones anyway XD

Sempied

Well, I satisfaction guaranTEE you that most, if not all, of that stuff was nearly complete when they were developing the Japanese version, they just cut it out due to time constraints. When they finished the Japanese version, they were probably like "oh now that we have time let's flip the 'on' switch and put the stuff back in". Or at the very least, all of those things were ideas that Nomura was planning in the first place. Even then, doing most of that stuff probably takes 3-5 months at the very MOST in a competent game studio.

Yeah, but like I said, they probably started English development back in 2009 around when the voice acting started rolling in, and that kind of thing doesn't take more than a few months (depends, though, with FFXIII and it's humungo graphics, they started the CG English cutscene editing like early 2009). It's something that should have been done in April, at the latest, considering SE's past track record.

What? What negotiations? Playtesting an already finished game shouldn't take long. Fixing glitches is a few weeks at best.

If you think about how Final Fantasy XIII released in Japan in December, and in America/Europe in March, and how KH2 released in Japan in December, and in America/Europe in March, you'd think SE had this loveing localization thing down. 358/2 Days was just under 4 months in gap between Japan and America.

It takes SE longer to translate BBS than it does to make a baby.

I realize they have lives, but they also have jobs
I love you.

Literally if FFXIII, 358/2 Days, and KH2 had such a short gap it should signify that this should come out sooner from the exact posts you put above.

Lip syncing doesn't take that long people. BBS wasn't given the luck of having their characters actions remade just for their VA's like FXIII.

FXIII is twice as long as BBS, had to deal with the new syncing for VA's to fit the lines, longer voice recording (The game is fully voiced), have all the subtitles/menu commands intact, and have the 3 disk 360 version overlooked since Japan reported glitches.

Literally if a game like FXIII can have a gap of 3 months, it shouldn't take BBS to 9 months of devlopment even with it's extras.

• Extra boss fight: This is the only real thing that could take a bit. Not 9 months, but a month at the most.
  • New music: This could be done in weeks.
  • Critical Mode: Not really that hard. Just add some more lifebars, get rid of megaflare, and make it slightly more strategic.
  • New scenes: Nomura said this as "There were some scenes we wanted in, but couldn't make it" that preludes to it being done already.
  • Mini-Games: Equal to just as much time as the extra boss fight.
Yes a company has lives, but as stated a jobs a job if you procrastinate people are going to get offended.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
First of all, did not most of them say that they were done with a session, not the full game.

And glitches do take a matter of weeks, but once you fix a glitch another one comes up, that another few weeks, and that until it is just a minor glitch.

And you don't think that they aren't going to playtest it or hire people for that job. Cause you are surely mistaken that they are just going to let the game go on the shelf without testing it out first to see if they're are not any major bugs.

And if you don't know about the negotiations. I can't help you their. Research sometime kay.

Sempied

First of all, did not most of them say that they were done with a session, not the full game.

And glitches do take a matter of weeks, but once you fix a glitch another one comes up, that another few weeks, and that until it is just a minor glitch.

And you don't think that they aren't going to playtest it or hire people for that job. Cause you are surely mistaken that they are just going to let the game go on the shelf without testing it out first to see if they're are not any major bugs.

And if you don't know about the negotiations. I can't help you their. Research sometime kay.

No. Nomura said that during the BBS Ultimania interview that the english voice acting was done. (3 months ago). Also lip syncing is highly assumed as well during the VA sessions (It's a common thing thats done with ADR). BBS isn't going to get the regal treatment FXIII got with specially edited lip flaps for the VA's.

They've already tested glitches from the japanese version. They've stated that there toning down megaflare. Looking for glitches was done before the japanese version was even released.

See this is the part where your evidence shatters. You literally provide no back up, and then turn around, and say "I can't help" heavily leads me to that you haven't either.

Sempied

does it not register to some people that square enix have other shit going on too
Does it not register that SE had an entire other team to work on BBS? (The same subdivision who worked on Dissidia adaption) While the higher ups are working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Agito specifically?

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
No. Nomura said that during the BBS Ultimania interview that the english voice acting was done. (3 months ago). Also lip syncing is highly assumed as well during the VA sessions (It's a common thing thats done with ADR). BBS isn't going to get the regal treatment FXIII got with specially edited lip flaps for the VA's.

They've already tested glitches from the japanese version. They've stated that there toning down megaflare. Looking for glitches was done before the japanese version was even released.

See this is the part where your evidence shatters. You literally provide no back up, and then turn around, and say "I can't help" heavily leads me to that you haven't either.
Actually it is lipsynced after VA Sessions are done. And you know that it isn't getting edited how? Cause I sure know that you aren't on the KH Team.

And yet there were still glitches in the japanese version that need to get fixed in the english version.

And see this is the part where you personally try to thrash me. I don't feel like explaining all the negotiations that go into the marketing and gaming systems.

Atleast I'm not sitting here like 4 year old who doesn't get his way. Why the hell complain when it is already done for. All you have to do is wait, learn to be patient. Things will come in time. Do you think that I'm mad that it coming out in September. No. If I can be patient, find something else to do, go on with my life and buy the game whenever.

Sempied

Actually it is lipsynced after VA Sessions are done. And you know that it isn't getting edited how? Cause I sure know that you aren't on the KH Team.
Because the only edits were getting are the additional content thats done fast, and possible censors.

And yet there were still glitches in the japanese version that need to get fixed in the english version.
We don't even have a english version to say that yet. And they still would use E3 for a test demo anyway

And see this is the part where you personally try to thrash me. I don't feel like explaining all the negotiations that go into the marketing and gaming systems. I'll leave this alone

Atleast I'm not sitting here like 4 year old who doesn't get his way. Why the hell complain when it is already done for. All you have to do is wait, learn to be patient. Things will come in time. Do you think that I'm mad that it coming out in September. No. If I can be patient, find something else to do, go on with my life and buy the game whenever.
Why bother telling us not to? If your fine with a September release then your fine with it. Most people aren't because of it making it look like SE procrastinated it until the very end of their said "Summer 2010", and that we have school during then. We wanted to play this with the small luxury of enjoying a fun game we've been waiting oh so patiently for in our time off when were given this info that disrupts that.

I didn't mean to sound like I was going to "Thrash" you, i'm stating that with developments as they are, and an annoyed fanbase say otherwise to you that are fine with it while we are dissapointed, but still happy it's coming out.

Magic

... Not gonna lie, I'm going to be a bitch and be really disappointed about this. When they said summer, I thought they meant, well, summer. I will already be in school by then, which totally sucks. And that has got to be the poorest excuse for a trailer I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

I agree about the trailer being very half-assed. Of all the scenes, there was only one voice actor, and the voice wasn't synced with the character's motions. It would be nice if they spent more then 10 minutes on a trailer. Anyways, it was better then nothing.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Why bother telling us not to? If your fine with a September release then your fine with it. Most people aren't because of it making it look like SE procrastinated it until the very end of their said "Summer 2010", and that we have school during then. We wanted to play this with the small luxury of enjoying a fun game we've been waiting oh so patiently for in our time off when were given this info that disrupts that.

I didn't mean to sound like I was going to "Thrash" you, i'm stating that with developments as they are, and an annoyed fanbase say otherwise to you that are fine with it while we are dissapointed, but still happy it's coming out.
I'm positive that you have time to fit playtime for this game. I have college classes and just now getting just getting a break. I slack off and play video games all the time. And finishing this game within days will be a breeze, since I've already played my fair share of the Japanese Version. Each scenario should only take a matter of a couple of hours. And if you waited this long, why not care to wait some more. I'm eager to play this game just as the next guy, but just complaining about a thing that you've done since it was first announced is just being lazy. A few months can seem like a breeze if you have something to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back