• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Release Date Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts isn't the only franchise Square Enix has going on. They have a schedule that they run on and have to fit everything in. I don't know if you know this but releasing a game to the world's largest nation isn't an overnight job; it takes a lot of preparation amidst all their other work, such as organising press events, shipping millions of copies, adding the extras into the game, sorting out any glitches, switching regions and having their own personal lives on the top of it. They don't live to cater to your needs, you know.

^I agree with this, completely.

Games are friggen entertainment. They are a bonus, not a right. Square didn't have to make this game, they didn't have to work so hard on it, and they didn't have to even release it outside of Japan (as far as I know). Obviously it is more profitable for them to, but there's no written law stating 'SQUARE MUST MAKE GREAT GAMES FOR THE SAKE OF THE ENGLISH SPEAKING PUBLIC OR ELSE'.

If we can't make something ourselves, I think we should appreciate the efforts of those who do it for us.

And not just the game producers; I don't see why so many people are bagging out the localisers. They went to a lot of trouble to study a second language to the degree that they can translate an entire game in natural, flowing, correct English. That's something to admire, if you ask me. I wish I could do that. They're doing us a favour, making this game so we can understand it.

Xircs-Number I

The bad thing about waiting longer for this game is that any new news about the game we've already known for like a year so its just getting really boring waiting for it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
does it not register to some people that square enix have other poop going on too

It doesn't register to me considering there are other competent companies that have multiple projects in development and somehow manage to get their games out in all three regions within a MAXIMUM span of a couple of months. Some even with all languages on one disc. The SE localization team is taking for-loveing-ever and I doubt there are other localization projects that are ripping away from BBS' schedule. If there are, they need a bigger loveing team.

This is almost as bad as Nintendo with their Pokemon localizations.

Games are friggen entertainment. They are a bonus, not a right. Square didn't have to make this game, they didn't have to work so hard on it, and they didn't have to even release it outside of Japan (as far as I know). Obviously it is more profitable for them to, but there's no written law stating 'SQUARE MUST MAKE GREAT GAMES FOR THE SAKE OF THE ENGLISH SPEAKING PUBLIC OR ELSE'.

What the love are you smoking?

It's common business sense to release KH games in NA considering we are an even bigger consumer base than either Europe or Japan.

They don't have to release games here, but they obviously choose to because it's a big profit. (This is also why SE is part insane, because they never brought us KH2FM+)

That has nothing to do with this.

You act like I should be kissing SE's feet for localizing this game in the first place. LOL. I don't care. They don't really have a choice if they want to make more money considering Japanese sales have slowed down. Even if they didn't localize it, the fanbase is doing a much better job and much faster than hired SE employees are.

They went to a lot of trouble to study a second language to the degree that they can translate an entire game in natural, flowing, correct English. That's something to admire, if you ask me. I wish I could do that. They're doing us a favour, making this game so we can understand it.

Oh cripes, go fall asleep in a flowerbed.
It's not a "favor", it's business.

Quit brown-nosing their team because they're bilingual. A lot of people are bilingual. I'm bilingual (on my way to trilingual). Big deal. They didn't learn a second language to do you favors, they learned it to get a job to make money ,which is what SE is trying to do.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
At least I'm not sitting here like 4 year old who doesn't get his way. Why the hell complain when it is already done for. All you have to do is wait, learn to be patient. Things will come in time. Do you think that I'm mad that it coming out in September. No. If I can be patient, find something else to do, go on with my life and buy the game whenever.

Most people are just disappointed.
I agree that the mass of complaints though is ridiculous.
To me it's just an "Ah, Man" moment.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I know that Square Enix didn't have to release the game in the US, but they could have at least released it earlier. I am just kinda upset that I might not have enough to play the game, because I am going to college and working in the fall.

everydaygamer

can someone explain to me why people think this game won't be available on the psn? people seem so convinced and are constantly complaining about this since they own a go but the issue for it not being released in japan is strictly a japan thing. i mean there is clearly a psn logo at the end of the trailer and since brith by sleep has no online mode what else could it mean except that it will be on the psn.

Dsandrcok

I'm with most people on this, the should be out lot sooner then 09/07/10 they had a whole 5 years even if they stop to work on Kingdom Hearts Re-com. It should not take 8 months for Localization since they knew they were bring it to NA and EU.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
can someone explain to me why people think this game won't be available on the psn? people seem so convinced and are constantly complaining about this since they own a go but the issue for it not being released in japan is strictly a japan thing. i mean there is clearly a psn logo at the end of the trailer and since brith by sleep has no online mode what else could it mean except that it will be on the psn.

Because it wasn't available on the JP PSN and something about Disney and how they don't make any of their games downloadable. I really don't remember right now.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
well i think the release date is pretty reasonable, to all those who wine, seeing as we r gettin extra s h i t

EDIT: wow the site blocks the word s h i t? shit shit shit

Last edited:

Sempied

well i think the release date is pretty reasonable, to all those who wine, seeing as we r gettin extra s h i t

EDIT: wow the site blocks the word s h i t? shit shit shit
Which has already been explained that it takes a lot less time than you think to make those extras.

I've accepted the fact that if I could've waited this long for news, that I could wait for the game to come out in september, but not the factors/loopholes that can easily say otherwise.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Well know I have a PSP but no BBS. Guess I nedd to get KH2FM+ now. Hopefully that will hold me over till September

Sempied

I'm positive that you have time to fit playtime for this game. I have college classes and just now getting just getting a break. I slack off and play video games all the time. And finishing this game within days will be a breeze, since I've already played my fair share of the Japanese Version. Each scenario should only take a matter of a couple of hours. And if you waited this long, why not care to wait some more. I'm eager to play this game just as the next guy, but just complaining about a thing that you've done since it was first announced is just being lazy. A few months can seem like a breeze if you have something to do.
*Stares at Persona 3 Portable, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift*

I can agree to that actually.

You'd assume however after 5 years, and 4 months worth of the extra content that we'd get a classier release than September 7th. I'm not trying to complain, the facts point directly that this game could've at the most been released at month earlier to satisfy much more people who don't have the time to wait around for it.

Jakek9

*Stares at Persona 3 Portable, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift*

I can agree to that actually.

You'd assume however after 5 years, and 4 months worth of the extra content that we'd get a classier release than September 7th. I'm not trying to complain, the facts point directly that this game could've at the most been released at month earlier to satisfy much more people who don't have the time to wait around for it.
Plus I'm sad to say iot but, ANYBODY CAN DIE AT ANY SECONDS! THIS GAMERZ NEEDZ TO BE REALESED NOW!

jk, lol. I feel that as long as you hjave games to beat, the wait isn't so long. I myself haven't started KH2 FM+ yet. So I might start that up, I haven't beat Oblivion and Fallout 3, THOSE are all ways to pre-ocupy yourrself. Find REALLY long games that your interested in to beat. Maybe try and do a quick run.

After 5 years of waiting i think you guys can handle 4 months. I know, easier said then done. I was a little dissapointed myself, but I quickly changed my attitude.

Puklthynot

September 7th? Weren't they promoting Summer 2010?

It matters not anyway, at least we have dates.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
September 7th? Weren't they promoting Summer 2010?

It matters not anyway, at least we have dates.

Summer doesn't officially end until September 21, so yes, it's still summer.

TotemoOishii

I would of imported it if I knew it wouldn't come till September. But oh well, I've already waited 5 months. I still haven't beat KHIIFM+ anyway so I should probably do that first XD

Anyone else go to the American site and get the KH theme? I got it on and I absolutely love it. I will probably keep it as my permanent theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back