• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Meaning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora9890

Ok so I know that all the side games titles have a meaning related to the main KH storyline, and I also know that BbS is not a side game..With that said, what is does the title have to do with the game. I'm a lil slow at this haha...I know that KH CoM's title was about Namine messing with Sora's "Chain of Memories" and I know that in days, 358 days was how many days Roxas was in the Organization. So what is the thing with BbS?? Don't be mean haha.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well Nomura said that the official reason for it being called "Birth By Sleep" is because he wanted the word "by" in the title lol
It could mean many things in the story I think... like Ven's heart sleeping while Sora's heart is born or whatever.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah but they were speaking of EVERYONE, and I thought that in BBS, the game was all about TAV? And the game even STARTED with Ven being born from sleep.

Well they're stating that because Ansem the Wise says "Everything is born from sleep. Yes, even you" so they are pretty much right in the title being connected since Ansem actually says the title of the game.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah but they were speaking of EVERYONE, and I thought that in BBS, the game was all about TAV? And the game even STARTED with Ven being born from sleep.

That wasn't when he was born, that was when he was in a coma, and Sora was born.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It's the only time the concept/words are mentioned.
Well, it's also the title of the cutscene from the beginning where Ventus reawakens by connecting his heart with Sora.

This is what Nomura said about being "born from sleep":
-- Ansem the Wise says to Aqua “Everything is born from sleep.” What does this mean?

Nomura : In that scene the ones who are calling for “Sora” are the ones who have already disappeared from the world. But in the world of KH there is no concept of death, that for example they are just sleeping within Sora’s heart. If you can just wake them up, they’ll be able to return to the world, they would be “born from sleep”. That there would be a possibility of this, is what Ansem the Wise is saying. Even Aqua, who isn’t in the realm of light, would be born from sleep.

Revolution

I've always thought of it in a couple different ways.

1. Vanitas and Ven. - Vanitas was born from the darkness in Ven's heart as Ven fell into a comatose (sleep) state.

2. Terra and darkness. -What was Terra fell into the depths of darkness as Master Xehanort took over. The darkness in Terra was born, while Terra's conscience when to "sleep" in a way in his heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back