• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua is....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrinityxLimit

.....a girl.

Anyway, now for the real topic.

I noticed that Terra, Aqua, and Ven's names hold importance in terms of gameplay and a little bit of appearance (and maybe story). In fact it's more apparent then their names counterparts, SRK.

For example, VAT's Command Styles (Mode Changes).
Terra = latin earth: Rock Breaker
Aqua = latin water: Diamond Dust
Ventus= latin wind: Cyclone

Their hair matches their "element", like Aqua's blue hair (as water is shown blue) and Terra's brown (brown earth). Ven's is vague, because wind doesn't really have a general color (but is sometimes green), but he is supposed to resemble Roxas (or vice-versa), so his doesn't really apply.

Even their Keychains hold reference to their names, like Ven's whirlwind Keychain and Aqua's water drop Keychain.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi do not follow this pattern however (at least not that I have noticed, correct me if I'm wrong). But they represent light and darkness, so I'm not really surprised.

Do you think that name-related gameplay elements might make their way into future games? (save for Even and his nobody's element relation, etc.)

αsiя

space coke
I only think their names will have revalance to the way they fight but not story

CougarsforJesus

I'll correct you;

Sora = Japanese for Sky

Riku = Japanese for Earth

Kairi = Japanese for Water

They are playing on that as a reoccuring pattern in KH games I believe... ^___^

Either way, I do believe that BBS will open a lot of doors that have yet to even have been spoken of in the KH world... ^___^

Niburu

Sora, Riku, and Kairi do not follow this pattern however (at least not that I have noticed, correct me if I'm wrong). But they represent light and darkness, so I'm not really surprised.

Do you think that name-related gameplay elements might make their way into future games? (save for Even and his nobody's element relation, etc.)

Well actually Sora is japanese for Sky, Kairi means an ocean village or it literally means a home in the ocean, and I think Riku means shoreline/land.

Though you do make a point that SKR represent light and darkness a bit. But if this were true it would be a little uneven. Sora is a defender of light, Kairi is full of light, and Riku is like a grey area (he travels the "path to dawn"). So you've got light, light, grey. hahahh.

But yes there's definitely is a pattern with the names and I do believe that some how TAV do tie together with SKR.

But ever since that screen shot of little Kairi and Aqua in the same room I honestly don't know how they tie together anymore. My theory was kind of like reincarnation but that picture completely smashed my theory down hahaha.

Last edited:

7thspade

People always try to make connections with the names, there's many more threads like these.

Anyways, Nomura said that Terra and Ven have a connection to Sora, Kairi, and Riku. Aqua has no connection to them. That bit in Hollow Bastion with Her, Mickey, and Kairi doesn't really count as a "connection", because it's only an encounter. Terra and Ven both have a much deeper connection.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
People always try to make connections with the names, there's many more threads like these.

Anyways, Nomura said that Terra and Ven have a connection to Sora, Kairi, and Riku. Aqua has no connection to them. That bit in Hollow Bastion with Her, Mickey, and Kairi doesn't really count as a "connection", because it's only an encounter. Terra and Ven both have a much deeper connection.

Yes, 7thspade is correct. Only Terra and Ven have connections with SRK. Aqua does not.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Actually, Nomura said two of the three in TAV have a connection to SRK. He didn't say which. Aqua could have a connection. Just wait till the 9th of January. ;D

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
Yes, I noticed, too. And Ven's hair qualifies as representing wind, I think, because it's a lighter color than the rest. o_o But that's just me~

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
yeah i notice this a long time ago

TrinityxLimit

Holy crap. No where in there was I making a statement of a direct TAV/SRK connection. And I know what Sora and co.'s names mean. I was going a little aways from most other threads, using gameplay instead of story or connection. Not saying I'm the first to talk about gameplay, but others usually don't. Please read first, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back