• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone Entering NaNoWriMo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
1700-2000 words a day seems good

Or I could go on a weekly goal, churn out 12500 words a week somehow

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
For how much I write per day I think I'm just going to wing it. I was never good with planning things out so I might just overly stress my self if I try and plan it.

PaopuMemories

Oooh, quite a challenge. My competitive nature is kicking in...
I feel kind of bad for the judges; they have to wade through a lot of...er, "quantity" writing to find a winner. So excited! I feel like it would be hard to plan for something like this, though you probably have to

Aria

braver by the minute
So how's the writing coming along for everyone? I'm almost at 7,500 words, hoping to make it to 10,000 by tonight!

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Slow first week (been having to study for a calc 2 test on friday). I should go a lot faster afterwords.

Aria

braver by the minute
Imma try. Got plenty of ideas but, i'm going to stick with a fantasy/adventure story. Go old school with this.

Yeah, I'm doing the same type of story.

The end of the quarter is slowing me down now , especially with all the essays we have to write. I think I only got like 200 words written so far today. But I have tomorrow off, so I think I'm going to do writing-binges.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have 800-900 words done in between class time, mostly in religion and spares.

And this weekend looks to be busy but if I manage my time effectively, we'll see

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Things aren't going so spectacular for me. It's been a slow couple of days for me. Everytime I get into the flow of things and start writing like crazy, something stops me and ruins my pace. Not to mention I keep getting ideas for my other story, which I then get distracted by and start writing them.

Aria

braver by the minute
Things aren't going so spectacular for me. It's been a slow couple of days for me. Everytime I get into the flow of things and start writing like crazy, something stops me and ruins my pace. Not to mention I keep getting ideas for my other story, which I then get distracted by and start writing them.

Have you ever tried write or die? It is a miracle creation sent down by the writing gods themselves.

I find it really helpful to do writing sprints. You get a few people together, set the write or die time for whatever you guys decide, and see who can write the most. It doesn't matter who does write the most, but it creates that competition to make you write faster.

http://writeordie.drwicked.com/

I got over 8,000 words tonight just by doing these with my friends and then a couple of my own by myself. I'm at 17K now, and I feel great even though it's 1 am o_O

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, unfortunately due to school and personal choices I'm going to drop out.

My English teacher asked me why in the world would I attempt to write a novel in a month and it got me thinking. Why? I understand the point is quantity over quality but that doesn't sit well with me. I already write a good deal, so why more? Mainly, I just want to improve my writing and NaNoWriMo isn't really allowing that. Perhaps next year then.

Good luck and congrats to everyone in so far, you have my admiration and respect

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Aw that's too bad you're droping out.D:
Oh well, I know how you feel. It feels like more stresse than there needs to be.
I haven't gotten very far. :I

tangerine

Awards
Well, unfortunately due to school and personal choices I'm going to drop out.

My English teacher asked me why in the world would I attempt to write a novel in a month and it got me thinking. Why? I understand the point is quantity over quality but that doesn't sit well with me. I already write a good deal, so why more? Mainly, I just want to improve my writing and NaNoWriMo isn't really allowing that. Perhaps next year then.

Good luck and congrats to everyone in so far, you have my admiration and respect
It is a waste of time if you actually value quantity over quality, which is why I spent the first several days planning out an actual good story that I would work hard on regardless of NaNoWriMo. If my story ends-up taking me longer than a month to write, then so be it. Think of the point of the competition as motivation to write more than anything else. You also shouldn't listen to your teacher. English teachers are cynical about writing because almost every one of them is a failed writer.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It is a waste of time if you actually value quantity over quality, which is why I spent the first several days planning out an actual good story that I would work hard on regardless of NaNoWriMo. You also shouldn't listen to your teacher. English teachers are cynical about writing because almost every one of them is a failed writer.

Perhaps you mistyped here because your statement doesn't make much sense to me otherwise.

I could've cared less, I still continued after she told me that. But really, I found that there wasn't really a point to it for me. "Writing for the sake of writing." isn't my thing, I write for different purposes. There are of course positive results, I know fully realise how much work is required to write a good novel by my own personal standards. With some good planning and hard work, I'll be done in a couple of years.

I'm not writing what I originally posted here, but something I'd like to call my own (this is going to sound really pretentious) Dune or Wheel of Time, or whatever you want to call it

tangerine

Awards
Perhaps you mistyped here because your statement doesn't make much sense to me otherwise.

I could've cared less, I still continued after she told me that. But really, I found that there wasn't really a point to it for me. "Writing for the sake of writing." isn't my thing, I write for different purposes. There are of course positive results, I know fully realise how much work is required to write a good novel by my own personal standards. With some good planning and hard work, I'll be done in a couple of years.

I'm not writing what I originally posted here, but something I'd like to call my own (this is going to sound really pretentious) Dune or Wheel of Time, or whatever you want to call it

I actually edited my post soon after posting it to be more clear, but it hardly didn't make sense the first time. It's not pretentious to want to write something great. If you don't have the will to write something great then it won't happen.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I actually edited my post soon after posting it to be more clear, but it hardly didn't make sense the first time. It's not pretentious to want to write something great. If you don't have the will to write something great then it won't happen.

I see. I'm still writing said novel, but I'm not going to get it done in a month. I plan to have the barebones done by this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back