• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone Entering NaNoWriMo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
In case any one has never heard of it, NaNoWriMo is a writing competition held every year during the month of November and the goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 175 (50,000) page book in one month. It's somewhat of an indurance contest where quanity is over quality so trying to write the best book isn't an issue, just getting to the designated goal before times up.

It's not a contest with a lot of rules either:
  • Write a 50,000-word (or longer!) novel, between November 1 and November 30.
  • Start from scratch. None of your own previously written prose can be included in your NaNoWriMo draft (though outlines, character sketches, and research are all fine, as are citations from other people's works).
  • Write a novel. We define a novel as a lengthy work of fiction. If you consider the book you're writing a novel, we consider it a novel too!
  • Be the sole author of your novel. Apart from those citations mentioned two bullet-points up.
  • Write more than one word repeated 50,000 times.
  • Upload your novel for word-count validation to our site between November 25 and November 30.
This'll be my first year entering. Anyone else thinking of trying it out?

National Novel Writing Month

P.S. For some odd reasone the website is in another languege (German?). :/
I think they had just had it redone today or something which is why it's like this.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Definitely joining this year! :D I did it for the first time last year and finished with 100K. It was bloody lots of fun, too. :3 This year is gonna be awesomeeeeee. xD;

What're you thinking of writing?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm planning on it. Hoping to finish this time, lol

Not sure if I want to go with tapestry theory for it, or a brand new idea.

Ruran

Awards
Definitely joining this year! :D I did it for the first time last year and finished with 100K. It was bloody lots of fun, too. :3 This year is gonna be awesomeeeeee. xD;

What're you thinking of writing?

Haven't really put to much thought into it yet. Most likey something of the Fantasy genre or maybe supernatural?

tangerine

Awards
I might participate this year because I can spare the time. I've also been hearing and reading comments from some professional writers lately that state it's impossible to write a good story in a short time and thus it's pointless to try. Not only does that seem like a poor excuse for not having enough talent but also a challenge. (I know the point of the competition is quantity and not quality, but I don't want write something without quality.)

Aria

braver by the minute
It's my first time entering this year and I'm super excited for it. I'm going to be really busy with debate, but even if I only get 20,000 words that will be fine with me.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I am definitely going to try. It would be my first time but it looks like lots of fun. Writing is fun! :p

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
50,000. That's a pretty decent limit. Not too high and not too low. Let's see 50,000 words... with my chapters each being around... 3000 to 4000 words each this should be pretty fun. The last story I wrote was ten chapters with a small epilogue which topped out to 36,243 words. Then again that took me like 2 - 3 months to write, but I wasn't doing it based on a time limit.

So I guess I'll enter if I can come up with an idea and plot that I'd actually like to write about. Oh, just thought of one. Now to plan it out in preperation for writing it in November.

Athel

Machinist
NaNoWriMo!! Yeah, last year was my first year and it was awesome. I reached 50k, and am now at 60 with a second draft in progress. This year, I'll be writing the sequel to the novel I wrote last year.

In fact, I'm even working to form a group for it at my school. So far so good, and we'll be having the preliminary meeting on the October 20th.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I might. I juuuust might. It just depends on whether or not I'm actually going to freaking do it or not. I'm still thinking about writing something but the details are fuzzy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm definitely doing NaNoWriMo. I've been planning to since 2008, but back then I was still stressing out over college and classes so I didn't. Then last year I was adjusting to college. This year I have all of the free time (despite the projects I have) to do this :D

I have an idea I've been thinking of in my head for a year or so, and I wrote some stuff down but it got lost on my old flash drive, so I'm starting from scratch with NaNoWriMo :D

Definitely doing something with a dystopia, as my whole theme of college this year seems to be utopia vs dystopia. I think all of my papers will be about that, from an art point of view, political point of view, and psychological point of view so I think all of the research I am doing for that stuff will be perfect for my NaNoWriMo plot. :D

Never done 50k in a month but I figured if I can write 20k in two sittings during one day I can do at least 2k a day and on the weekends do as much as I can until I am done. :D

But i'm definitely going for quality over quantity so if I don't finish I don't really care.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
My project is something like an urban sci-fi story. I want to try and do something other than the more "realistic" plots that I've been coming up with lately.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My project is something like an urban sci-fi story. I want to try and do something other than the more "realistic" plots that I've been coming up with lately.

I plan on adapting Shades into a novel one day that's basically a "sci-fi noir". If you've seen Bladerunner, you might sort of get it

Ruran

Awards
NaNoWriMo is 10-11 days away and I'm having massive writers block :I
I suppose I could wing it but I wan't some thing publishable.
*Shrugs* Eh, maybe it will be anyway.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I don't follow strict words-per-day plans, because I don't want to restrict myself to only 50,000 words. I don't have it planned out a whole lot, fortunately, pacing is something that you naturally get better at with practice, so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back