• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anybody know wtf is with Disney Town?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Better question, why was there only about 6 people at that ceremony when it should have been all of Disney Town.

Fucking BBS.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The award ceremony? Canonically, only one of them were still there when it was taking place, but BBS made it so that any of the three could receive the prize.

Another Key

What happened at the ceremony? and how did NOBODY run into each other?

Rofl! What do you mean how did Nobody run into each other? At the ceremony TAV(One of them,anyway) ate ice cream and recieved the title(no trophy lol) of winning the Million Dreams Award.......

Key

Exile
Awards
Well, they weren't all there at the same time. As soon as one left, the other would show up. Canonically, Aqua was the last one to show up, thus was the only one present to receive the award.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Better question, why was there only about 6 people at that ceremony when it should have been all of Disney Town.
this is what i was wondering .

YoshiAngemon

Well, Donald and Goofy were out looking for the King, and moping about at Yen Sid's doorstep, while Mickey was out helping the worlds.

Sephora

Thebes was massively disappointing. For some bizarre reason, I was expecting a town with people cus I assumed BBS was following the movie. Silly me. -___-

But back to Disney Town, there should have been more people since there were a handful at the Timeless River. o_O (Unless I'm mistaken and they were there. Honestly I hated DT and wanted to get the hell out asap, so I didnt pay much attention >_>)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm noticing several people always complaining about the amount of NPCs and/or bystanders, but it seems to me many of you people are fortgetting that BBS is on a handheld system and therefore has limitations on how many people it can show at the same time.
Heck, Nomura even had to remove TAVs capes in their armored forms because of loading issues, so if they wanted to include hundreds of bystanders the loading times would have gone through the roof, even with data install.

As for the ceremony scene, I've only seen Aqua's up to now and judging from the timeline when each of the three were at Disney Town it seems to be the canonical one.
Yet I've heard that Terra's and Ven's scene getting the price is way nicer than Aqua's version...but well, I guess that's up to personal preference.

Grey

All three ceremony scenes aren't strictly canon. Since the player only sees the scene in the scenario that was played last, the scene that's seen is the "canon" one. None of them ran into one another because the entire world isn't really bound to a single place on the timeline. It's given a place on the Trinity Archives timeline, but the world itself (except for the initial visit) is optional. It doesn't matter that Terra, Aqua, and Ven should have run into one another.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
They should have used all the people from timeless river

The award ceremony? Canonically, only one of them were still there when it was taking place, but BBS made it so that any of the three could receive the prize.

in trinity achivement I think Ven was last so I guess he won in canon sense

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
A couple of NPC's couldn't kill a whole UMD. He could've takken the madden approach, have cut outs for the audience, and have a few random NPC's walking around to add SOME life to these worlds. It seems as if TAV are the only people in any worlds they visit.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A couple of NPC's couldn't kill a whole UMD. He could've takken the madden approach, have cut outs for the audience, and have a few random NPC's walking around to add SOME life to these worlds. It seems as if TAV are the only people in any worlds they visit.

Uh yeah...I realize we have really different demands on this type of game...as I never gave the NPCs (or crowds for that matter) much attention, as I focuse more on the interactions between the major characters and the battles/dialogues themselves.

But now that I think of it...that NPC-"Problem" isn't limited to BBS, is it?
As far as I remember, the only world in the entire kingdom hearts-series which really had some random NPCs roaming around was Traverse Town in KH I...

flurryflames

In the japanese version. They each had some kind of ice cream and was eating it. I didn't see that in this game except for Ventus eating ice cream.

Multifridgeman

Let's think about this. there were 8 people (unless Minnie and Daisy weren't allowed to vote) and Terra, Ventus and Aqua got equal votes.
We know that Chip/Dale (one or both) voted for Terra, Horace Horsecollar (fruitball guy) voted for Aqua and Hewey/Dewey/Lewey (one or all) voted for Ven. They don't seem very even.
And what's even more confusing is that Pete got a few votes too! Did Minnie and Daisy vote for him???

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

I didn't even know that. I just assumed Aqua's scenario was the only one that had the ceremony in it.

Let's think about this. there were 8 people (unless Minnie and Daisy weren't allowed to vote) and Terra, Ventus and Aqua got equal votes.
We know that Chip/Dale (one or both) voted for Terra, Horace Horsecollar (fruitball guy) voted for Aqua and Hewey/Dewey/Lewey (one or all) voted for Ven. They don't seem very even.
And what's even more confusing is that Pete got a few votes too! Did Minnie and Daisy vote for him???

The ghosts voted. Duh XD

YoshiAngemon

I'm more confused, that even though Goofy said that the KING banished Pete, it was really the QUEEN! What gives? Did Goofy's memory get all ker-skuffled when his brain got a boost during his sleep? I know Mickey wouldn't think of banishing Pete, but Minnie on the other hand, she's a loose cannon when the King's not there to calm her.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm more confused, that even though Goofy said that the KING banished Pete, it was really the QUEEN! What gives? Did Goofy's memory get all ker-skuffled when his brain got a boost during his sleep? I know Mickey wouldn't think of banishing Pete, but Minnie on the other hand, she's a loose cannon when the King's not there to calm her.
Nope, we already concluded that this confusion stems from a mistranslation.
Goofy actually says that his/her majesty banished Pete, he did not specifically said "King", and as personal pronouns in Japanese have no gender distinction it can mean his majesty as well as her majesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back