• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem Sod's Body

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xammag

It seems clear to me that Ansem SoD is the only Heartless we know of that has an actual body, cognitive thoughts, and drive. In other words, he was almost a being. Now this might be clear to someone else, but it seems like Ansem SoD uses the older version of the young Master Xehnort's body. We see that Riku uses this form, and here it is most clear. This is the older version of this

206px-YoungMasterXehanort.png

150px-Rikunort.png

So, we know that Ansem SoD is born of Master Xehanort's Heart. So why is this the only Heartless we've seen with an actual body? All of the other Org. 13 Apprentices' Heartless have yet to be seen, but is that the only reason we haven't seen any other Heartless that use a body?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ansem SoD is just a huge mess. It could've been because he's made up of the hearts of 3 Keyblade wielders, 2 of which happen to be full fledged Masters, and one who is Master in all but name. It could also be because of the immense darkness within him. Though you can't forget that before he took over Riku's body, he was that brown cloaked figure.

Xammag

from KH1 Hollow Bastion - Through the end of CoM Sora was a heartless with a body, mind and drive... he was basically the same as Ansem.

What do you mean by mind? If he did not have a heart, he had a body and soul, so he was basically a nobody with emotions is what you're saying? Just to keep it in KH terms, cause I'll lose track of what you're saying very easily, otherwise.

Box_ghost

o, we know that Ansem SoD is born of Master Xehanort's Heart.

We do? I thought he was born of Xehanort the Apprentice's heart.

All of the other Org. 13 Apprentices' Heartless have yet to be seen

They're regular heartless.

but is that the only reason we haven't seen any other Heartless that use a body?

mostly because Nomura doesn't care.

Xammag

I just found this quote:

Secret Ansem Report 10: "But what if one willingly releases one's heart from one's body? Sora and Xehanort retained their self-hood even after becoming Heartless."

From this, it seems that willingly becoming a heartless would allow one to keep their intellect at least (we can assume body too). Although, we would have to assume this for Scar too, as he is the only other heartless to keep his form other than Sora and Xehanort.

From this quote, since we know the other Apprentinces willingly became Heartless (or we can assume, since that's what we've been told, though I have my doubts), they should keep their forms as well.

EternalDreamer

What do you mean by mind? If he did not have a heart, he had a body and soul, so he was basically a nobody with emotions is what you're saying? Just to keep it in KH terms, cause I'll lose track of what you're saying very easily, otherwise.

Sora is quite literally a floating heart, with the apparition of a body thanks to Kairi. Roxas ran off with Sora's body, remember?
With mind, he means they both remained sane, and could think individually, despite being a Heartless.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Secret Ansem Report 10: "But what if one willingly releases one's heart from one's body? Sora and Xehanort retained their self-hood even after becoming Heartless."

From this, it seems that willingly becoming a heartless would allow one to keep their intellect at least (we can assume body too). Although, we would have to assume this for Scar too, as he is the only other heartless to keep his form other than Sora and Xehanort.

I'm not too fond of AtW's theory, mainly because Sora didn't retain self-hood as a Heartless, and there are better ways in which XH's self-hood could be explained, considering his background.

and don't ever mention Heartless Scar again :v

Xammag

"and don't ever mention Heartless Scar again :v"
Yeah, I think Pete might have been a little out of it.

Anywho, watching the KH 1 scene where Sora becomes a heartless, it is clear he retains his intellect. He recognizes his friends and does not attack them or have any curious movements that would imply he did not recgonize them. So I assume by "self-hood" Ansem means ones intellect and knowledge. In which case, I would say that is true.

"So I guess Xehanort knew exactly what he was doing as Ansem SoD? Like Sora as a heartless knew to find Donald, Goofy and Kairi."
If we are to use Eraser Rain's theory on sleeping and waking hearts, then I believe even though it is Xehanort's heartless, MX's heart was the one primarily used. This is clear through clothing, speech, and appearance as the younger MX (though older than the youngest we see).

If you agree with this, then he retains Apprentice Xehanort's intellect and knowledge of hearts and what not, but also some of MX's, eh, mannerisms and drive. Like becoming one with KH and how he treats people.

SO, yes, he knew what he was doing, but not in the sense that this is Apprentice Xehanort just going through the motions of his master plan. This is that with MX thrown into it, which complicates things.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Anywho, watching the KH 1 scene where Sora becomes a heartless, it is clear he retains his intellect. He recognizes his friends and does not attack them or have any curious movements that would imply he did not recgonize them. So I assume by "self-hood" Ansem means ones intellect and knowledge. In which case, I would say that is true.

I think it was more of a case where Sora was "following his light" out of instinct; he was in the process of losing his memories, after all. That, and Heartless Sora and XH are on two different levels. Sora formed a natural Heartless, whereas XH didn't.

If you agree with this, then he retains Apprentice Xehanort's intellect and knowledge of hearts and what not, but also some of MX's, eh, mannerisms and drive. Like becoming one with KH and how he treats people.
Rather than influencing XH, I think MX influenced Xehanort from the start.

This is that with MX thrown into it, which complicates things.
That's how I feel about Xemnas. :p

Stars

リク
It was still unclear that how Ansem SoD retained his body as a Heartless, maybe he has multiple strong hearts lol

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I just found this quote:

I'm pretty sure he didn't know they both had multiple hearts inside them, so that is a key factor actually.
And Sora also had the help of Kairi, to retain his human form. Just as Ansem SoD used Riku as a vessel, because Ansem SoD was really the brown cloaked figure.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Young Xehanort also has Organization XIII Boots.

Xammag

I'm pretty sure he didn't know they both had multiple hearts inside them, so that is a key factor actually.
And Sora also had the help of Kairi, to retain his human form. Just as Ansem SoD used Riku as a vessel, because Ansem SoD was really the brown cloaked figure.

I think the brown figure was Ansem SoD using MX's body, since we don't know where it went and we don't think he made a nobody.

By self-hood, I think he means knowledge and intellect. Ansem SoD keeps AX's and some of MX's knowledge, while Heartless Sora knows who and where his friends are.

"Young Xehanort also has Organization XIII Boots."

Org. 13 gets their wardrobe from Xemnas, who was the first of them. Xemnas is from AX, who is from MX, who was young MX, who wore the boots.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yes for nobody, likely for heartless. I think the heartless is stronger depending on how much darkness was in the person's heart when they gave in.

Oh yeah like Sora. He having a little darkness so he just become a shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back