• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one who LIKES DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
No one was claiming that the Ansem scene was "fun and giggles"? We brought it up because of the role it plays in decompressing and releasing the tension in the story and transitioning the game from the heavy conflict of the TWTNW->Ventus Fight, to the game's denouement.

Fair enough, it IS less tense than that and I can't argue with it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't see how goofing around and partying does, though. That's two entirely different actions from Sora there.
But the fact that he does tackle him within the same scene shows that he does care, so obviously the tea party doesn't signify in any way that he doesn't care about Riku. In the same scene, he's also extremely happy for Riku for beating him. And coming from one fan who finds the Sora/Riku friendship one of the only reasons to hang onto the series for, the tea party didn't undermine my opinion of their relationship in the slightest? It was comic relief, plain and simple.

Same for the tackling thing, it's... the least he could do.
The least? I don't tackle my friends at all.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The least? I don't tackle my friends at all.

If they saved you from death or coma, or being controlled by an evil overlord, you're being kinda stingy.
If they're in any shape or form like my friends, "hold on guys I have to tie a shoelace aaaand you're already gone", you're in the clear.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
But the fact that he does tackle him within the same scene shows that he does care, so obviously the tea party doesn't signify in any way that he doesn't care about Riku. In the same scene, he's also extremely happy for Riku for beating him. And coming from one fan who finds the Sora/Riku friendship one of the only reasons to hang onto the series for, the tea party didn't undermine my opinion of their relationship in the slightest? It was comic relief, plain and simple.

Well, I guess from there on, it just comes down to personal opinions. I don't think the tea party shows he doesn't care for Riku, don't get me wrong. I only think it contradicts with the kind of way he usually cares about his friends. Call it a head-canon or something like that but I would've imagined him to sit or stand next to Riku somehow until he wakes up, even if it's in a funny way like kirabook suggested.
It also didn't undermine my opinion of their relationship? It just felt off to me, not well-placed. That doesn't mean they're any less my favorite bromance in any video game still, lol.
Maybe seeing the "whole scene" of how Sora woke up would've had me like it better than being thrown into it like that, I don't know.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, didn't Muke make this thread to talk about what we all like about KH3D?

This is a great discussion but if y'all want to talk about the tea party being unfitting for the moment it happened in (and personally I still believe it was fine because Sora could see Riku in his heart so he was cool with eating macaroons and drinking coffee because he's an over-exuberent teenager who was probably hungry and Kingdom Hearts a game with a dog, duck, and boy with too-big shoes using a giant key fight monsters varying from creepy to ridiculously adorable so what were we really expecting?), maybe you can make a new topic?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I used to be biased on DDD due to it being on the 3DS. I'm not a fond of the 3DS' controls when it comes to a KH game. But when I started thinking about the game more and more, I just realized that it's actually very decent. So yeah, I like the game.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
While DDD had some disaponitng things. (Not being able to murder Frollo, Kairi wasn't a playable character.) I thought the game was pretty good. The Dream Eaters were an awesome fighting force, and some of the twists were pretty good.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I actually liked recoloring the Dream Eaters. I spent way too much time on that.......

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
The dangers of battle Im afraid. Always do whatever you can to save your sprits, or else, their dreams shall end. And you lose all the stats you had with them.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Guys, didn't Muke make this thread to talk about what we all like about KH3D?

This is a great discussion but if y'all want to talk about the tea party being unfitting for the moment it happened in (and personally I still believe it was fine because Sora could see Riku in his heart so he was cool with eating macaroons and drinking coffee because he's an over-exuberent teenager who was probably hungry and Kingdom Hearts a game with a dog, duck, and boy with too-big shoes using a giant key fight monsters varying from creepy to ridiculously adorable so what were we really expecting?), maybe you can make a new topic?
Thank you for cooling the situation down~~

Okay, since I am kinda hyped for DDD, will you guys play the HD Version with a Challenge or stuff?
As for me, first I will play in hard mode, then in Critical (starting keyblade, no potions allowed, drop-me-nots are a no no, cure spells only 3 times in a boss battle allowed, if a dream eaters dies you can not revive it etc). :D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Nah.
Ofc I'll go for critical when unlocked, but it's not the kind of game where I'd like extra challenges.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Oh Marshmallow my beloved little blue cat dog friend, Xehanort will pay for what he did to you!

I feel kind of bad for farming some rare materials by repeatedly letting my dream eaters die... but it was the only way :(

Thank you for cooling the situation down~~

Okay, since I am kinda hyped for DDD, will you guys play the HD Version with a Challenge or stuff?
As for me, first I will play in hard mode, then in Critical (starting keyblade, no potions allowed, drop-me-nots are a no no, cure spells only 3 times in a boss battle allowed, if a dream eaters dies you can not revive it etc). :D

I already did a starting keyblades only crit run on 3DS and it was quite enough. It wasn't really fun, wouldn't recommend, the only way I could do any damage was magic so the whole game was literally just dodge dodge spam magic. Except for two fights which are actually pretty high on my fave KH fights overall, Xemnas and Ventus Nightmare. Really looking forward to experiencing them on a bigger screen!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm hoping that Critical will be unlocked from the get-go. I've played this game enough times that the extra difficulty makes it a lot more fun for me.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I haven't played the game much but I found it to be one of the easiest installments so yeah, I'm hoping for crit from the get-go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back