• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alcohol sales on Sunday

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
In my state there is no alcohol sales on Suday, What about where you live and what do you think. Here they are trying to change it. I want it to stay I love the law and in Georgia we are religious and that means no drinking on Sunday ( the Holy day).

Cache

Ah, so you want to enforce your religion on others, regardless of their beliefs. What next, no one is allowed to eat meat on Fridays, either? How weak must your religion be that it requires everyone to pay for your failure to willingly follow your faith?

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Ah, so you want to enforce your religion on others, regardless of their beliefs. What next, no one is allowed to eat meat on Fridays, either? How weak must your religion be that it requires everyone to pay for your failure to willingly follow your faith?

Give them an inch and they push a mile?

Cid Highwind

The Captain
In my state there is no alcohol sales on Suday, What about where you live and what do you think. Here they are trying to change it. I want it to stay I love the law and in Georgia we are religious and that means no drinking on Sunday ( the Holy day).

what about the wine at church? ha, jk. i do agree with cache tho. no one is forcing you to buy alcohol on sundays so if you don't think you should drink on sundays, then don't. try not to bring others down tho. watching football with no beer? wow.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Well if you are smart you will buy the drinks on saturday for football season. Yes I am alos enforcing the law I love the law and I believe people should not be allowded to purchase such drinks on the Holy day of Suday.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
and how does it relate to other people who don't give a damn about your religion? get real and be fair, not everyone is following your beliefs, what if you had to agree to every religions rules according to days? would you agree with it? i somehow doubt it, you'd be the first to complain if you had to fast when muslims do or follow wiccan rituals or anything like that

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I was pretty sure that the Sabbath was Saturday.

Either way, you can't have the law impose a restriction because of your beliefs. What's holy to you is not holy to another person.

Would you like it if you were forced to obey a law that came from a religious belief that is not your own?

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Well if you are smart you will buy the drinks on saturday for football season. Yes I am alos enforcing the law I love the law and I believe people should not be allowded to purchase such drinks on the Holy day of Suday.

Ah, but see, if the law was made by Mormons or, say, Budhists, you wouldn't be able to buy alcohol at all. Personally, I think that it's a stupid law and even though I don't drink, I'm glad that we don't have it IL. The thought of having such idealistic rules forced upon me would just depress me.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
The good news is that even if the bill passes both the house and sente the Govonor is a religous man and he will most likely not sign the bill, and that mean Christianity will continue to be number one along with its rules and regulations such as acohol sales on the Sabbath day, Suday.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The good news is that even if the bill passes both the house and sente the Govonor is a religous man and he will most likely not sign the bill, and that mean Christianity will continue to be number one along with its rules and regulations such as acohol sales on the Sabbath day, Suday.

So much for separation of powers.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Pepsi, I'll try to be as clear as possible:

NOT EVERYONE'S CHRISTIAN!

NOT EVERYBODY IS CHRISTIAN!

EVERYBODY A CHRISTIAN IS NOT!!!

CHRISTIAN NOT EVERYBODY IS!!!!!

CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT INCLUDE 100% OF THE WORLD!!!!!!

UNCONSTITUTIONAL! UNCONSTITUTIONAL! UNCONSTITUTIONAL! GOOD NIGHT!!!

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Pepsi, you are apparently not able to grasp this very simple detail, so I have no choice but to cap it. Want it in a different form? Glady:

You cannot force me to not sell alcohol on Sunday anymore than I can force you to read on philosophy. Why? Because pushing crap like this on others is unconstitutional.

Maybe *you* don't care about personal liberty, but luckily for us, your Founding Fathers did. If you want to live in a regime where your views reign supreme and liberties are crushed, invent a time machine and go burn witches on the stake in an Inquisition.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
why does it matter!? if you want to be a good Christian, then don't go to the store to buy alcohol, but let the people who aren't do as they please. man, and i thought Wisconsin was bad.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards

This is somewhat biased, IMO.

You're pretty much allowing a Religious Man to make a decision which could VERY WELL make people in your state angry. Because, HERE'S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT HATE TO READ:

NOT EVERYBODY IS CHRISTIAN, OR ABIDIES BY YOUR RELIGIOUS RULES.

I'm not Christian, my family isn't, hell, I'm only friends with about 5 Christian's. WOW! AMAZING!

You're pretty much shoving your opinion down other's throats, and FORCING them to abide by a RELIGIOUS RULE that shouldn't apply to your state. Again, because not everyone is Christian.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
pepsi, your an example of a brainwashed christian, why should people have to follow the rules you want which is biased to your religon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back