• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ace Attorney - 15th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Ace Attorney - AA6: Spirit of Justice coming September 2016

I still maintain AAI2 can go on the eShop. :/ Just use the fan translation Capcom.

Also salty as fuck about GAA. They need to explain that way better.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I still maintain AAI2 can go on the eShop. :/ Just use the fan translation Capcom.

Also salty as fuck about GAA. They need to explain that way better.

Yep. GK2 can go on the eShop for $19.99. And wasn't there a game that utilized a fan translation? I think it was a Sega game.

Yeah. I think they've never addressed the reasons as to why they haven't localized that one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yep. GK2 can go on the eShop for $19.99. And wasn't there a game that utilized a fan translation? I think it was a Sega game.

Yeah. I think they've never addressed the reasons as to why they haven't localized that one.
I think so? If they need to pay they could probably do it for peanuts. Or make a Kickstarter or something so they have the money in hand before committing.

The only comment about it:

“Unfortunately there’s a number of circumstances… We absolutely do want to bring it to the West, but unfortunately due to these circumstances right now… I’m really really sorry!” Eshiro told Gamespot when asked if we’ll ever get a localized version of The Great Ace Attorney.

He added,“Nowadays on the Internet lots of fans are directly asking us, “Where’s Daigyakuten Saiban?” On livestreams, even in the Japanese ones, people from the West will write in and ask where it is. Every time we say, we’re sorry! Certain circumstances are kind of getting in the way.”

So the most incredible "we can't because reasons" statement I've ever seen. xD

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

I'm just about to start case five and more than a few things are annoying me. The prosecutor is still incredibly unlikable and has no redeeming factors in my opinion. To quote myself from earlier: "Most of the others had a redeeming quality right off the bat (Edgeworth was suave as hell, franziska's whip antics were humorous at many points, Godot was a coffee junkie, etc) but this guy's whole shtick is 'I'm a monk, you're a disgusting sinner and I'm holier than thou. U goin' to hell.'" Throughout the game, this hasn't changed at all and at the very least, the other prosecutors had given me a good laugh or something this far into the game. Prosecutor Shamalamadingdong has been nothing but an annoyance and I find myself skipping his court dialogue because of how predicable it becomes. Adding to the fact he keeps traveling back and forth between his kingdom and Japan/California is incredibly ridiculous especially after case 4 where a 'revolution' begins. I highly doubt a kingdom would let one of their best just leave when he'll be needed the most. Not to mention the time needed to fly back and forth. Ragging on on a single character might seem petty, but when you have to deal with him for nearly half the game, it turns into a pretty big deal.

The Divination Seance thing is also mediocre. Not terrible but not great, just something the devs threw in just because they needed a new gimmick. There's also the fact that, in every single case (so far), the viewing gallery is always against you and always vocalizes their resentment towards you at some point. Though it might have set the tone very well for the first and maybe third case, hearing the gallery at home yelling at you is more annoying that anything and I also found myself skipping their text because it added nothing besides the attorney in charge gulping loudly and sweating. The point might have been to cause the player to be more anxious, but all it did was annoy me which, as a game dev, you generally don't want to aggravate the player. Overall, it's been a good game riddled with many minor inconveniences that grind into one's mind and stop it from being amazing. Maybe I've gotten cynical.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

You'll probably find Nahyuta Sahdmhadi's character more relateble once you get through the second half of Episode 5.

The Divination Seancé is something they should really polish if they decide to make another game on the Kingdom of Khura'in.

I kinda get why the gallery was against you on the second episode. I think the point in that episode was to show just how powerful the media's manipulation of perception can be.

EchoFringe49

I just finished SoJ and I absolutely loved it. Its probably my 2nd favourite game in the series after T&T with the first game as as a close third. This game really did have a sense of finality and I have no idea where this series will go next, maybe an Athena trilogy? either way my passion for AA is officially reignited and i'm up for whatever is next
Spoiler Spoiler Show

edit: So I decided to rank all the cases in the cases, since I love ranking things
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

EchoFringe49

So does anyone know what the AA6 DLC is about and when the release date is?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

So does anyone know what the AA6 DLC is about and when the release date is?

It's three DLC cases:

* PHOENIX WRIGHT: Asinine Attorney
* APOLLO JUSTICE: Asinine Attorney
* Turnabout Time Traveler

Both Asinine Attorney episodes are $5.99, while Time Traveler is a bit more pricey because it's a full episode. As a fair share of warning, the Asinine episodes are one cross-examination long, but have two endings. Besides that point, the first Asinine episode was released Thursday of the previous week. Next Asinine is going to be released this next Thursday, and the last DLC episode will be released the Thursday of the coming week.

Other than that, each episode contains DLC costumes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Objection!

Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney comes with a Pixel 3DS theme, not DLC costumes.

EchoFringe49

Thanks for the info guys. I thoroughly enjoyed the Turnabout Reclaimed DLC from AA5 so i'm definitely picking the time travel one.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Thanks for the info guys. I thoroughly enjoyed the Turnabout Reclaimed DLC from AA5 so i'm definitely picking the time travel one.

The problem with that one is that that Episode was originally in the game, but was cut out because the team thought Episode 5 was too long, and decided to cut it in half. Meanwhile, Spirit of Justice has an Episode 5 which was meant to be what Dual Destinies' fifth episode was.

Turnabout Time Traveler, on the other hand, is a completely, 100% non-cannon episode. Which leads me to think that the reason Pearls and Edgeworth are even in the main story is just so they could reutilize their assets.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Just popped in to remind you guys that today is the last day of DLC for Spirit of Justice and that it's the full episode "Turnabout Time Traveler". It costs $5.99. The Animé also ended last weekend, but remember that next year we might get the localized adaption of it.

Overall, no more Ace Attorney related stuff 'til next year... :<

Feriku

Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series ever. :D

The problem with that one is that that Episode was originally in the game, but was cut out because the team thought Episode 5 was too long, and decided to cut it in half. Meanwhile, Spirit of Justice has an Episode 5 which was meant to be what Dual Destinies' fifth episode was.

Turnabout Time Traveler, on the other hand, is a completely, 100% non-cannon episode. Which leads me to think that the reason Pearls and Edgeworth are even in the main story is just so they could reutilize their assets.

As far as I know, Turnabout Time Traveler is canon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series ever. :D

As far as I know, Turnabout Time Traveler is canon.

Yeah, I read the other day that it was. For all I knew, it was a spinoff episode in the sense that it never happened, much alike the Asinine, haha.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

i've played 3 cases now and tbh, i'm pretty disappointed. i thought aa5 was a lot better thus far.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

i've played 3 cases now and tbh, i'm pretty disappointed. i thought aa5 was a lot better thus far.

Although I don't entirely concur, I liked GS5's pacing better. GS6's court and investigation segments stretched too long. It's as if they didn't want to go with the classic Investigation > Court > Investigation > Court structure. I also think this game tried to be its own thing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDD Thanks for sharing, Chaser! :] Hopefully they give it a nice graphical overhaul. I really love Apollos Justice. 4-1 and 4-4 are one of the best cases in the series.

---

Edit:

Speaking of better visuals:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You guys should definitely see the two images. The visuals this time around are TONS better! I am definitely giving this game a try! Can't wait to see Kristoph in this glorious new visual~ @_@

Thanks to Court-Records.NET user, Aster Selene, for the visuals!

Here's the icon, submitted by MrCafecito:

ApolloJustice_Icon_230x230.png

Last edited:
Back