• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A powerful weapon's name...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Key

God that was irritating.

I finally got to the end of BbS in Terra's story, and I spoiled myself with the Japanese version. I know about the X-blade, and by god, it sounded cool.

But they took the "correct" pronunciation and called it a CHI-blade. This really ruined the whole X-Blade (KEYblade, whatever) situation with me. Did anyone else feel the same way?
CLOSE THIS THREAD, IT'S GOTTEN STUPID! SORRY FOR MY OPINION-MAKING!

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Re: CHI-blade

no, because its just a game and I will go on living my life regardless. I heard a kid shot himself because he didn't like how they pronounced Eraqus.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I understand why they pronounced it like "Keyblade" so I can accept. But it everyday life i'll still pronounce it myself as "X-Blade" using the real letter "X" in the pronounciation. Basicaly so I can seperate Keyblades from the X-Blade.

Radar

Bronze Member

I thought they were gonna pronounce it x-blade, then i thought they would pronouce it chi-blade. I was wrong twice.

Z

Zulkir

They were never supposed to pronounce it "Ex-Blade", the letter X was never used, look at the font in the game, it's the greek letter Chi.

It's current pronunciation is "Keyblade" but it can also be said something like "Kai-Blade".

Also "Ex-Blade" would have sounded terrible.

Sacred X

Freshmeat

Yeah, it would confuse the hell out of anyone if they aren't reading the subtitles. I wish they at least took the "Kai-blade" route, but it's too late for that.

Despite how "X-blade" sounds, I probably will continue to pronounce it like that. Unless of course, the KH-fandom uses "Kai-blade" as the more popular alternative.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

God that was irritating.

I finally got to the end of BbS in Terra's story, and I spoiled myself with the Japanese version. I know about the X-blade, and by god, it sounded cool.

But they took the "correct" pronunciation and called it a CHI-blade. This really ruined the whole X-Blade (KEYblade, whatever) situation with me. Did anyone else feel the same way?
No, because that's how it was, and is supposed to be, pronounced. It's pronounced like that in the Japanese version, too.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I don't think they emphasized the "chi" enough, so it sounded like they were just saying "Keyblade" to me, haha.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, Greek letters are a forte of mine, so hearing X-Blade as Ki-blayde is a bit aggravating. But depending on your dialect, you can say ki over chi (kai). It isn't a big issue.

A

Artorius Rex

God that was irritating.

You sound like a whiny bitch. It's supposed to be pronounced like that. Chi as in Greek which sounds like Key.

Shadow Key

You sound like a whiny bitch. It's supposed to be pronounced like that. Chi as in Greek which sounds like Key.

Wow, really? A whiny bitch? No, I was just wondering why they did that and was a bit disappointed. I understand why they did that, but I thought the other way sounded better. Apparently nobody agrees with me. Clearly this guy doesn't.

I don't think they emphasized the "chi" enough, so it sounded like they were just saying "Keyblade" to me, haha.

Main point of this thread, right here people.

No, because that's how it was, and is supposed to be, pronounced. It's pronounced like that in the Japanese version, too.

Yeah, but in all the threads everyone said "X-Blade" so I kind of put two and two together.

Key

Exile
Awards

if you listen to the japanese version, the way they say X-blade is "kiburedo" which is the exact same way you say "Keyblade," so honestly, i don't see what the problem is. :/

Gram

Banned
Awards

it didnt really bother me to be honest :/

Lack of education has met a failure to restrain the bitchy cavity in this thread.

How disheartening. :/ I'd love to call you a "feckless neophyte" right about now, but the last thing I want is to be called Elder...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, but in all the threads everyone said "X-Blade" so I kind of put two and two together.

That's cause it's a pain in the ass to go find the symbol to write χblade every time.

I just don't see why this is even a question. It is and has always been χ, which has it's own pronunciation and meaning. It's hard to distinguish from Keyblade the way the do say it in the game, but that's no reason to change it to ex-blade, cause that kills the meaning. The Japanese sounded just like 'kii-bureido' too anyway.

Allister Rose

French Lover

they still had the chance to change it to "kai-blade". and i tihnk kai blade sounds much better.

if it weren't for the subs, then it would've been like they were talking about a keyblade with no name. still i'm glad they didn't pronounce it like the japanese did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back