• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Meaning Behind "Unbirth"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owaz

The scene just obviously points toward the end...
The three apprentices gather and take on MX in order to stop his plans...
MX and DS beat the three down, steals from Ven what ever it was MX was after, and summons KH...
Also, if MX had summoned KH before BBS, I'm sure he would have used its power to wipe out VAT...

It may give the impression that it's leading to their final battle, but the problem with what you're suggesting is we see Xehanort asking Terra to "Defeat the darkness" and "correct [his] mistake." There would be no sense in him fighting the three heroes when he wants their help. And it's that particular quote that leads me to believe the summoning of Kingdom Hearts is the mistake he speaks of, and the darkness to be defeated are the Unbirths. This also insists it's the reason for why Terra's peeved at Xehanort over Ven. In all likely hood though, we could both be wrong, and the battle actually takes place at the middle of the game, at the end of one of the characters' scenarios.

There really is no one else he can be referring to... Why call Ven "friend" in quotes, if it has already been established that they are friends...?

Simple. Ven lost his memory, therefore he's not the same person Terra knew him as.

Because it just screams "final battle"...?
Also, Ven's keyblade is destroyed in the secret ending...

You make a very good point here. And while I can't really argue against it, maybe, just maybe, Ven got his Keyblade fixed.

Not if they are against a nearly all powerful being...

Hardly all powerful. They would have done a much better job if they actually worked together and if Terra didn't have the martyr-like personality to charge head on by himself.

Taking Ven's heart...? (Assuming he to be a "pure of heart")

I really don't think Ven makes for a nice Princess of Heart. Although it would make some interesting fanart...

KeyMaker

Let me think the meanging of Unbirths is obviously those who are not born, or maybe those who have been Unborn(meaning were born, but it their birth was somehow taken away) What want to know is how they come to be. At the moment only the KH Team knows. But if I give it a bit of analysis.
Heartless, those without hearts-created the moment one loses their heart
Nobodies, those without bodies-created at the moment a heartless is created
Unbirth, those who are not or have been unborn- created the moment you are born, perhaps they hold light and/or dark powers, depending on who the person is that is born.

BUT, maybe they are created the moment you die. Hey there is going to be an Axel unbirth yippee.j/k

SleepyHeart

I still think this is a good thoery ... since we dont have much info on the game i think this is a good start.

KeyMaker

I don't like it. I think lost memories would form something else. I think unbirths are just some creations of Master Xehanort, like artificial heartless. Maybe he created them which is why they weren't "born" naturally.

[√]Genuflect
What would happen if someone broke the Chain of Memories in your heart?

KeyMaker

I would just forget and those memories would be carried off somewhere.

But I don't think the Unbirth's fit that.

Twilight kingdom

I do agree with omnichaos about the name unbirth not fitting with the memory loss idea, but seriously i like the theory.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
It may give the impression that it's leading to their final battle, but the problem with what you're suggesting is we see Xehanort asking Terra to "Defeat the darkness" and "correct [his] mistake." There would be no sense in him fighting the three heroes when he wants their help. And it's that particular quote that leads me to believe the summoning of Kingdom Hearts is the mistake he speaks of, and the darkness to be defeated are the Unbirths.

Or he could be speaking about DS... Perhaps he is loosing control over him and wants VAT to defeat him, yet still uses DS to help fufill his goals...

Simple. Ven lost his memory, therefore he's not the same person Terra knew him as.

Possibly... Hmm... Good point...

You make a very good point here. And while I can't really argue against it, maybe, just maybe, Ven got his Keyblade fixed.

I don't think so...
Part of me doubts that a keyblade can just be "fixed"...

Hardly all powerful. They would have done a much better job if they actually worked together and if Terra didn't have the martyr-like personality to charge head on by himself.

I didn't mean actually "all-powerful"... <_<
I was just exagurating his strength... Seeing as how he slaughtered the three apprentices without getting touched, I would say he is at least the strongest character to appear on KH as of yet...

I really don't think Ven makes for a nice Princess of Heart. Although it would make some interesting fanart...

Except the game never specifies the seven of pure heart to be princesses...

Owaz

Eh, this was the only bit I felt I should address.

Except the game never specifies the seven of pure heart to be princesses...

We already learned who the seven of purest hearts were in Kingdom Hearts, and they were all princesses. There's no one else it could be.

Clowde

Um I clearly remember Tetsuya nomura telling us that the Secret ending is a scene approaching the end of the game.Correct me if im wrong. So i guess that just about sums it up. If it is true then your theory is null. And why do you pair Unbirth with Memories? Wtf. This isnt COM were playing ya know.

Owaz

Well Clowde, I think you should read all of what I typed again as to why I paired Unbirths with memories.

As for the Nomura interview you're referring to, this is what he said:

TN: The Secret Ending, is an image for a scene in BBS, therefore the title of the game is also the same. However because it is difficult to express a violent battle as a playable content, The Secret Ending, is an image to the end. (Is he hinting that this is how BBS will end or something else?)

What he says here can be interpreted in two ways. The first one simply being that he's hinting the scene is close to the end of the game. Now the second meaning could be that he's suggesting the final battle will be as extreme as what we saw from the secret ending. So it all ultimately comes down to speculation. No one can really be proven right or wrong.

DarkWind77

Newsymbollowres.jpg

I have my own theory about UnBirths. Although you give a very interesting theory, I find that there a many flaws with your idea. First of all, UnBirth does in fact mean Reverse Birth, but the idea that they are created when someone losses all memories is invailed. Namine is an example of this. She is a Nobody with no memories. My idea involves the full meaning of UnBirth. this would mean that they are made from the reverse of birth.
They are, in my opinion, the result of a person becoming a heartless, with the creation of a Nobody, that are reunited, causing there heart and body to become whole and to be in conflict. When they fuse, there heartless side is trying to gain the body of the Nobody, while the Nobody is trying to gain the heart of the Heartless, causing the heart to be destroyed while they are in the same body.
This, instead of making the Heartless and Nobody fuse to become a human, makes a creature that is a Nobody and a Heartless that share the same body. This is what the name UnBirth is to me. A creature that is a Heartless and a Nobody that share a body, and fuse together, without a heart, creating a creature that was supposed to be REBORN as a human, but was stopped.

Wevvy

I thought Unbirths had NOTHING to do with Heartless/Nobodies. AtW started it. BBS was 10 years prior.
Unless they really did exist. =/

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I thought Unbirths had NOTHING to do with Heartless/Nobodies. AtW started it. BBS was 10 years prior.
Unless they really did exist. =/

I'll start with you first: They do have connections to their predecessors the heartless and by extension. Just because they don't exist in games after KH:BBS doesn't mean they aren't connected. And Xehanort made the heartless/nobodies, not AtW.

UnBirth does in fact mean Reverse Birth.

And you have proof of this? For that matter do you even know the meaning of Reverse Rebirth?

Namine is an example of this. She is a Nobody with no memories.

So wouldn't Roxas be the same as well?

They are, in my opinion, the result of a person becoming a heartless, with the creation of a Nobody, that are reunited, causing there heart and body to become whole and to be in conflict.

How is that possible when the heartless and nobodies don't exist at that time? And even if a nobody and heartless came back together it would result in a whole being. Nothing like an unbirth. On that note since the rest of your theory follows up with an unbirths creation having a heartless and nobody involved I'm not going to even bother.

DarkWind77

If you paid attention, i said"A creature that is a Heartless and a Nobody that share a body, and fuse together, without a heart, creating a creature that was supposed to be REBORN as a human, but was stopped." this means that an UnBirth is a Heartless AND Nobody that have been fused, while the heart is destroyed, creating a creature that was stopped from becoming whole again.

Last edited:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
But they don't exist in the time of BBS so your argument is moot.

DarkWind77

It is possible, OmniChaos, for the KeyBlade to be fixed, sense the KeyBlade is a physical representation of the hearts strength.

That doesnt mean a thing. Heartless DID exist, but we arent told when heartless were first created. sense heartless are formed from the darkness in ones heart, they were around sense man first existed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
That doesnt mean a thing. Heartless DID exist, but we arent told when heartless were first created. sense heartless are formed from the darkness in ones heart, they were around sense man first existed.

Or, since they were confirmed to have been created by Xehanort, he created them?
Thought of that?

And don't double post. It's against the rules.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
lol, I love how he's trying to argue over something 5-6 months old...

It is possible, OmniChaos, for the KeyBlade to be fixed, sense the KeyBlade is a physical representation of the hearts strength.

I don't recall when I ever said that it was "not possible", all I said was that I had my doubts...

Heartless DID exist

No, they didn't.

but we arent told when heartless were first created.

Specificially down to the day, no. But, we know the first heartless was created by Xehanort somewhere between the end of BBS and Mickey's flashback, which I would venture would be a few months at the most.

sense heartless are formed from the darkness in ones heart, they were around sense man first existed.

Darkness existed, but not the heartless. Xehanort gave that darkness form, which then became the heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back