• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Meaning Behind "Unbirth"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Remember when XH said all hearts are born? Well that suggest that hearts have birth and if hearts have a birth than mabey at some point they are unborn. So mabey unbirths are unborn hearts?

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
Some speculate that the Unbirths are creatures without souls. I find that to be false, because there seems to be no correlation between the soul and the heart other than that they are ingredients to life. And since hearts are the essence to Kingdom Hearts, as opposed to souls, it's more plausible that they too are beings that lack something just as the Heartless and Nobodies.

Newsymbollowres.jpg

This fanmade emblem of the Unbirths was already pretty much proven identical to what was captured in a screenshot in another thread I started (http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/111498-unbirth-emblem.html), and if you notice at the center is an emptiness that forms a heart shape. Rather than assume they are devoid of hearts, I think it's much safer to say that their hearts are lacking something themselves. Now, what did we learn in Castle Oblivion? Hearts contain memories. Which leads me to say that the Unbirths are beings without memories. After all, as far as the story goes, hearts didn't start disappearing until after Ansem the Wise's meddling.

"Un" is the prefix meaning reverse.

Reverse Birth

Perhaps the Unbirths were people and animals that had all of their hearts' memories stripped from them, including those of their physical shape by Master Xehanort, leaving what could be described as an emotionless and hollow monster that runs off of instinct. This could be the basis for the Heartless and Nobodies. How could he have accomplished this? I think the answer is fairly obvious: Kingdom Hearts

You all may remember the leaked trailer for Birth by Sleep.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep TGS 2007 Trailer in ENGLISH

I imagine these events take place after what was seen in the teaser video where Master Xehanort and his apprentice completely defeated the protagonists. Especially with what the translations imply.

"Answer me Xehanort. What have you done to his heart!?"

Totally a reference to Ventus.

"Long time no see."

They've met before.

"Seems that you're losing it. However, you haven't lost it permanently. Now recover everything, and discover the truth!"

Ven's memory no doubt.

"Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the Keyblade."

Guess this means he lost his sword.

"Already that man is a monster infused with darkness."

Xehanort's apprentice?

"Defeat the darkness... Correct my mistake!"

There we go. He admits that he screwed up, and now he wants Terra and the rest to fix this disaster. (Pretty selfish for a geezer.)

"I don't care about becoming a Master. I use this power for my friends!"

But it appears that Terra's got a personal grudge ever since their last battle. He's angry over Ven's lost memories, and isn't likely to help Xehanort any time soon.

"We're friends, therefore I wanted to ask you something."

Wait, what's this?

"Erase me."

Wow. Ven asked Aqua to erase him. And by him, I assume it's his memory. That's gotta be a huge breaker for Terra when he finds out. Oh dang, he hasn't! D: Not even after 10 years and fighting Sora!

I seem to have gotten a tad off track. But as you can see, all of that dialogue indicates events in the game will take place after what was seen here.

YouTube - Full "KH: Birth By Sleep" Trailer

We've heard about the Heart of all Worlds and the Heart of all Men. I'm guessing that big blue Heart in the sky is the Heart of all Memories, and because of Master Xehanort's actions, he brought about the existence of the Unbirths. So who better to manipulate them than the wicked witch Maleficent?

It's been pointed out the Unbirth emblem resembles an M and an X combined. I myself thought it resembled Maleficent's head, but that could just be a coincidence. At any rate, I think there's a good chance I'm right about most of what I've typed.

Feedback and my reponses

Hey OmniChaos, I appreciate that you pointed the flaws out. I had no idea there were that many, but I'll answer them as best I can.

Unbirths = Those born without memories. That's my definition for them.

Anyway, I did my best to respond to your statements. Now I'll move on to others.

Not zombies. Just kinda like a cross of the characteristics of a Nobody and Heartless.

I think you're right. :3

No one.

Well, I wasn't implying that Ven wants to become an Unbirth himself. He probably just has important information or even painful memories that he wants to be rid of.

Phew... Finished.

i still dont think the emblem looks EXACTLY like the official one. i keep telling ppl this but they dont see the two horns pointing out at each side of the emblem has an intersecction between them that are curved not slanted done.

but whatever...

Doc

I think this theory is plausible

After all, memories ae a huge part of KH

but then the question is how do you extract memories from a heart and why are there no longer any unbirths around?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Big, but I wouldn't say huge.

It was the theme of CoM, but anything beyond that is unnecessary.

DarkWind77

I still stand by my OPINION. I never said i was right, I was just stating my thoughts. But I do belive all thoughts and ideas are very well thought out and plausable.

OmniChaos, Ansem the Wise was the first known to discover them.
(Random Ideas)
ansem probably gave them a form. The KeyBlade is a weapon used to kill heartless, Organization XIII said that they met other Keyblade masters; that means they have killed others before Sora and the new guys of BBS; that makes me think that there were heartless before the new Keybladers.

Last edited:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
OmniChaos, Ansem the Wise was the first known to discover them.

Xehanort made them. Ansem's reports were forgeries Xehanort made in his name.

The KeyBlade is a weapon used to kill heartless, Organization XIII said that they killed other Keyblade masters; that means they have killed others before Sora and the new guys of BBS; that makes me think that there were heartless before the new Keybladers.

No. Keyblade wielders before Sora were mentioned; even to best Sora (IE Xigbar's comment in TWtNW). They were also mentioned in the FM+ cutscene, but it was never said that they killed them as the Org existed well after BBS never before it.

DarkWind77

I still stand by my OPINION. I respect all other thoughts, ideas, and opinions. I just prefer to stick to mine.
I realize I said they killed, and I apologize for my mistake.

Last edited:

Iridium

Awards
The posts I and other members corrected you on? You can stand by what you said, but your assumptions are wrong.

Iridium

Awards
Other then the theory itself, if you check the information that I and the others have provided you are clearly misinformed on many things.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Stand by them all you want. It's not my fault if your ideas are misinformed if not downright wrong.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
whatever dude. I just have a different way of thinking than you

There is a difference between opinion and fact.
For instance, I could say that elves exist, and that would be considered an opinion because there are people who disagree with that, but are unable to prove me wrong. However, if I were to tell people that the sky was neon green, that would be incorrect, because there is a fact that proves otherwise.

Now that we've established that rudimentary difference between fact and opinion, I suggest we revert back to the topic of Unbirths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back