• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Lights (What If)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seighart

Awards
What if...Mickey was wrong about most of the people he named? What if Sora isn't one of the 7 lights? What if Nomura uses this chance to introduce new characters that will help support the next saga? What if the 7 lights were actually all new keyblade wielders that had to be sought out(7 new worlds to explore)

It was said that not all those that were named will be the lights for certain, and for what its worth, the new Organization will have familiar faces...and some new ones. To keep the game fresh, fresh faces could be introduce into KH3, which could solve the problem of having wielders either fight alone or be out matched fighting against 1 or 2 people at once.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
That would honestly not be the best idea. The conclusion to the Xehanort Saga has been building for 10 years now, and introducing new characters to finish the fight for Sora and co would be a sort of lazy slap in the face to the fans who spent all this time getting to know the current characters, only to find out they don't matter. Pretty much all the characters involved in the struggle now (yes, including Xion) have had some sort of significance in the plot up to now.

Also, no matter what saga, Kingdom Hearts is SORA'S story, so its pretty much given that he's a light. Fresh faces in the next saga are possible, but you can be sure it will still focus on Sora

C.C.

Website
forums.khinsider.com
That would honestly not be the best idea. The conclusion to the Xehanort Saga has been building for 10 years now, and introducing new characters to finish the fight for Sora and co would be a sort of lazy slap in the face to the fans who spent all this time getting to know the current characters, only to find out they don't matter. Pretty much all the characters involved in the struggle now (yes, including Xion) have had some sort of significance in the plot up to now.

Also, no matter what saga, Kingdom Hearts is SORA'S story, so its pretty much given that he's a light. Fresh faces in the next saga are possible, but you can be sure it will still focus on Sora

Well it's not like the current characters wouldn't matter. It would just be a different way to mix things up at the end. I think the point Sighart was trying to make is that the story doesn't have to develop in such a linear fashion. You know, when the protagonist(s) get to the end of the journey and realize something that alters the way they obtain their original goal.

But I do agree that throwing in a random face just for that one role would be kinda silly. Although they could use an already existing character that no one would expect to be chosen like Goofy! (kidding)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've said it before I'll say it again: Sora, Aladdin, Beast, Phillip, The Prince, Charming & Madhatter. The PoH choose their own protectors & Beast is the one under Xehanort's control thanks to Xaldin.

I see nothing proving my theory technically wrong. :p

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
I've said it before I'll say it again: Sora, Aladdin, Beast, Phillip, The Prince, Charming & Madhatter. The PoH choose their own protectors & Beast is the one under Xehanort's control thanks to Xaldin.

I do kind of like the theory. It seems to fit in with what was implied in 3D, which is that there is a guardian to represent each POH, and those Guardians of Light are the ones who will be combating Xehanort's 13 seekers of darkness. Of course, that would seem like a huge left turn after what has been established so far. Also, the Hatter would need quite a bit of screen time so that the players can get used to him, seeing as he was left out of KH1

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No slap in the face please. The saga is already tensed already.

That says it plain and simple.
We have so many characters and plot points that need to be attended and focused on that it cannot be afforded to waste precious screentime for stupid new characters. We already have a whole cast that needs attention.
Many people (not me personally though) feel also that Disney characters are sidelined too much (and the FF ones?). Adding new characters would probably lead to worsening that effect for the final game of the series.

Seighart

Awards

Lol i can totally see this happening this way.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Guys please, I already confirmed who the seven will be:

Sora
Data!Sora
Roxas
Data!Roxas
Ven
Xion
Namine

It just makes the most sense. U_U

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Sora
Data!Sora
Roxas
Data!Roxas
Ven
Xion
Namine

but xion is kinda weak to be one though

Summonerbrandon

... These are some... invalid potential-supposed-to be lights you have picked Ruran (No offense). Oh yea. And at Matgsy about the Beast, I need to prove you wrong about that. First off, Xaldin was dead before he can already take him over with darkness. Not only that, it was shown in the ending that the Beast is back into human form. And while I am on the topic, you do realize that the people that you enlisted will need a keyblade, right?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
She's a Sora, your logic is invalid.
So what if she's a sora, sora himself is alredy an the most ecentric keyblade weilder, its pertty lame if hiss memory incomplete clone is somehow one of the chsen light , when there at least 5 other more competent, experienced and full keyblade weilder available. Your logics invalid.

Ruran

Awards
So what if she's a sora, sora himself is alredy an the most ecentric keyblade weilder, its pertty lame if hiss memory incomplete clone is somehow one of the chsen light , when there at least 5 other more competent, experienced and full keyblade weilder available. Your logics invalid.

What better way to combat thirteen Xehanorts than with seven Sora's? How is it lame? She was designed to be a replacement for Sora in the case he couldn't be used anymore so mimics some of his powers. Xion is just as legit as Sora, Roxas, Data!Sora, Data!Roxas, Ven, and Namine. Totally and completely legit. No question about it. Logic valid.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
What better way to combat thirteen Xehanorts than with seven Sora's? How is it lame? She was designed to be a replacement for Sora in the case he couldn't be used anymore so mimics some of his powers. Xion is just as legit as Sora, Roxas, Data!Sora, Data!Roxas, Ven, and Namine. Totally and completely legit. No question about it. Logic valid.
Well lets put aside the Data copies for now becasue if we can get help from data copies, they might as well jsut make an army. Even if xion was now a person all her own, she is by far the weakest and least experienced of them all, and the whole group you listed are pretty novice. I am not counting namine, since she has yet to be show a keyblade weilder, though all facts point to her being one. Assuming that every one of the Xheanort will be as powerful as the one faced in BBS, having a team of sora who all extreamly succeptable to darkness is a bad idea in general. Matter of fact it is what seems to seperate all the master from the rest, the ability to withstand darkness.
Personally I belive xion needs to return to roxas so he can continue to dual weild, since without that he is still a sora clone.

Ruran

Awards
Well lets put aside the Data copies for now becasue if we can get help from data copies, they might as well jsut make an army. Even if xion was now a person all her own, she is by far the weakest and least experienced of them all, and the whole group you listed are pretty novice. I am not counting namine, since she has yet to be show a keyblade weilder, though all facts point to her being one. Assuming that every one of the Xheanort will be as powerful as the one faced in BBS, having a team of sora who all extreamly succeptable to darkness is a bad idea in general. Matter of fact it is what seems to seperate all the master from the rest, the ability to withstand darkness.
Personally I belive xion needs to return to roxas so he can continue to dual weild, since without that he is still a sora clone.

Good grief, you just listed Xion as more useless than the Data!characters and more inexperienced at fighting than Namine, roflmao. Though that last sentence is totally true, without Xion and dual wielding Roxas has no identity of his own, what so ever.

... But Namine is first of all, is not Sora's. She is Kairi's... This "logic" is completely messed up that I really do not know where to start.

Although Namine is referred to as "Kairi's Nobody" she's more a part of Sora than Kairi as he gave birth to her while Kairi's heart aided in her creation. In fact, it's questionable if Namine is even a "Nobody" and so far it seems that Namine took nothing away from Kairi.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I think that would be a huge slap in the face. First they make us care about these other characters and then they'd tell us that they won't be the ones to set things right.

I'm still hoping the 7 will be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ven, Kairi and Axel/Lea. Though Roxas and Xion are also valid candidates.

Sora
Data!Sora
Roxas
Data!Roxas
Ven
Xion
Namine

Though I don't think this will be the line up, I do think it's an amusing thought. I also think it's funny that by making a line up consisting of verious Soras, there are two versions Kairi included in the line up as well.

but xion is kinda weak to be one though

... how is she weak? She was on par with Roxas in days, even surpassing him at times. And how is she weaker than Namine who has never fought at all before?

I think you just don't like Xion. Though you right about most on that list being to inexperienced to fight the Xehanorts and about Roxas needing to keep his trademark duel wielding, but not at the cost of Xion.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Personally I think that would be a huge slap in the face. First they make us care about these other characters and then they'd tell us that they won't be the ones to set things right.

I'm still hoping the 7 will be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ven, Kairi and Axel/Lea. Though Roxas and Xion are also valid candidates.

Though I don't think this will be the line up, I do think it's an amusing thought. I also think it's funny that by making a line up consisting of verious Soras, there are two versions Kairi included in the line up as well.

... how is she weak? She was on par with Roxas in days, even surpassing him at times. And how is she weaker than Namine who has never fought at all before?

I think she is weak becasue her power came from draining roxas. She had no strength of her own, the only thing that is her own is her developing heart.

I think you just don't like Xion. Though you right about most on that list being to inexperienced to fight the Xehanorts and about Roxas needing to keep his trademark duel wielding, but not at the cost of Xion.
Not true, well in early on I didnt like her at all but I do like her chracter, though I do not think we need 3 kh1 sora's running around the battlefield

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
I was under the impression that Xion had nothing to do with Roxas' ability to dual wield, outside of her death being the emotional kick start Roxas needed to access both Keyblades. Having Xion as her own separate person wouldn't change that. The real issue would be how the lack of Ven's heart would affect his ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back