• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Lights (What If)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Not true, well in early on I didnt like her at all but I do like her chracter, though I do not think we need 3 kh1 sora's running around the battlefield

I can see that, but I also think Xion is one of the Sora clones that could develop her own fighting style. Same goes for Roxas.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was under the impression that Xion had nothing to do with Roxas' ability to dual wield, outside of her death being the emotional kick start Roxas needed to access both Keyblades. Having Xion as her own separate person wouldn't change that. The real issue would be how the lack of Ven's heart would affect his ability

Pretty much, all Xion did was awaken the ability and her going to Roxas, who she never even "came" from, would defeat the purpose of trying to save her and make her, her own person. As far as dual wielding, either he'll lose the ability, simple as that, or say that he can still do it by Deus Ex Machina heart shenanigans.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Actually, now that I think about it, she probably prevented him from dual wielding for most of Days because she was leeching away the power necessary to do so.

I can see Roxas still being able to dual wield by using one Keyblade from his newly grown heart, and the other is Sora's as I assume he would still hold a strong connection to him

Ruran

Awards
^Hhmmm, I'm not sure it works that way. The second Keyblade needed to be "awakened" from a strong emotional reaction because Ven's heart was sleeping making his Keyblade harder to access. He wouldn't have access to Ven's Keyblade, Xion or not, unless something emotionally tremendous happened.

That's what I figure, if they really wanna keep dual wielding they'll have Roxas use his own Keyblade plus Sora's through their tight connection, or Ven's, or they'll be interchangeable.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
In the opening movie I think he only had one keyblade

Ruran

Awards

Seems that way though after rewatching it, it may have been more for aesthetic effect than anything since everyone was pointing their Keyblades up at the sky and shooting lights simultaneously. Then of course using one or two Keyblades is optional.

In fact, we don't get a very good look at which Keyblade Roxas summons thought I think it's Oblivion? Heh, I need good screen shots.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Actually, now that I think about it, she probably prevented him from dual wielding for most of Days because she was leeching away the power necessary to do so.

I can see Roxas still being able to dual wield by using one Keyblade from his newly grown heart, and the other is Sora's as I assume he would still hold a strong connection to him
Roxas was literally using Sora's keyblade while Sora slept; he can't use it now that Sora's awake. The second keyblade came from Ven's heart, which awoke after Xion died because of the strong emotional reaction from Roxas.

Roxas growing his own heart just means now, that Roxas will have his own keyblade not tethered to Sora or Ven. He won't be able to dual wield unless current KH lore changes.

He did have just a single keyblade. Not that it entirely matters though, because the opening is symbolic and not literal (as it clearly leaves out two big players, Kairi and Lea plus no short hair Riku).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well about the opening movie, surely I'm not the only one that noticed that the keyblade wielders that show up at the end, were all playable characters at one point. TAV in BBS, Roxas in Days and KH2, Riku in CoM, KH2 and DDD, Mickey in KH2 and Sora was playable for most of the series.
So I'm guessing that's why they were chosen and not because they are the 7 guardians of light.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Roxas was literally using Sora's keyblade while Sora slept; he can't use it now that Sora's awake. The second keyblade came from Ven's heart, which awoke after Xion died because of the strong emotional reaction from Roxas.

Roxas growing his own heart just means now, that Roxas will have his own keyblade not tethered to Sora or Ven. He won't be able to dual wield unless current KH lore changes.

He did have just a single keyblade. Not that it entirely matters though, because the opening is symbolic and not literal (as it clearly leaves out two big players, Kairi and Lea plus no short hair Riku).

He was also using Sora's keyblade while Sora was fighting through Castle Oblivion in COM, meaning they can both use it at the same time. Nomura even said so himself in an interview

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
He was also using Sora's keyblade while Sora was fighting through Castle Oblivion in COM, meaning they can both use it at the same time. Nomura even said so himself in an interview

But at the time he was bonded to sora, Now he will be his own person with a heart of his own, so would that still work.
Matter of fact, will roxas be able to use keyblade still because of his connection to sora, or will he need to go through the inheritance ceremony

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
But at the time he was bonded to sora, Now he will be his own person with a heart of his own, so would that still work.
Matter of fact, will roxas be able to use keyblade still because of his connection to sora, or will he need to go through the inheritance ceremony

I doubt he will need to go through a ceremony (Terra --> Riku keyblade passing type of thing).
I also believe that he will pertain his signature ability of duel wielding.

7 lights most likely
Riku
Mickey
Ven
Sora
Lea
Aqua
Roxas

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well about the opening movie, surely I'm not the only one that noticed that the keyblade wielders that show up at the end, were all playable characters at one point. TAV in BBS, Roxas in Days and KH2, Riku in CoM, KH2 and DDD, Mickey in KH2 and Sora was playable for most of the series.
So I'm guessing that's why they were chosen and not because they are the 7 guardians of light.
Donald and Goofy have not been playable, yet they were shown there at the end as well. I'm not counting them in 358/2 Days in multiplayer/missions and I feel like Mickey should hardly count.

Since this will be the first case of this happening, there's no telling what the laws will be. But if Roxas was using his own keyblade with his budding heart and not Sora's, then clearly he doesn't need to do anything.

terrible retcon

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Can't exactly call it a retcon if there's nothing to contradict it, especially since the beginning of Days supported the interview.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

He kind of already had a heart of his own in Days and KH2. So I don't think he will need to go through the ceremony. What is interesting to me, is whether he's default Keyblade will remain a Kingdom Key or change to either Oblivion or Oathkeeper. Same goes for Xion. I think it would be cool, if they had the ability to share their keyblades allowing both to dual wield at times. I just hope they find a way to let him keep his trademark dual wielding.

Donald and Goofy have not been playable, yet they were shown there at the end as well. I'm not counting them in 358/2 Days in multiplayer/missions and I feel like Mickey should hardly count.

I did say Keyblade wielders and yes, Mickey barely counts as a playable in KH2.

But anyways the thing is Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku and Mickey have been the main focus of this series, they have played important roles through out the series have have been present at most key moments of this saga, so them not being there at the final battle would be weird, at least to me. So in my opinion that would kind of explain why they're there.
That said, I have the feeling pretty much everyone from the ending of DDD's opening will be present at the final battle, in one form or the other. I also believe characters such as Kairi, Lea and Xion will be there as well.

I just don't think they'd spoil who the seven will be before the KH3 comes out, or at least I hope they didn't. Also shouldn't Terra be one of the 13 Vessels, so how can he also be a light?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Not exactly, Roxas always has two Keyblades in the DDD opening, even in the Keyblade Graveyard-scenes:

roxasddd.png

If you look closely, you'll see the white "pummel" of the end of the handle from the Oathkeeper at the bottom right of this pic, directly left of Roxas' left arm.

---

As for him still dual-wielding, well, when he becomes an individual on his own terms (although still connected to Sora, he isn't treated like a cheap replacement-copy anymore) giving him the dual-wielding would make him a bit more unique, IF they would decide to finally leave the dual-wielding to him alone.

As for how that might work, tsk, since when has it been above Nomura to introduce "exceptions to rules" when "rule of cool" demands it.
He could very easily claim that since Roxas' new heart was made from both Sora's and Ven's hearts it has grown with two wielding abilities, allowing him to wield two Keyblades at all times.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Not exactly, Roxas always has two Keyblades in the DDD opening, even in the Keyblade Graveyard-scenes:

roxasddd.png

If you look closely, you'll see the white "pummel" of the end of the handle from the Oathkeeper at the bottom right of this pic, directly left of Roxas' left arm.

---

As for him still dual-wielding, well, when he becomes an individual on his own terms (although still connected to Sora, he isn't treated like a cheap replacement-copy anymore) giving him the dual-wielding would make him a bit more unique, IF they would decide to finally leave the dual-wielding to him alone.

As for how that might work, tsk, since when has it been above Nomura to introduce "exceptions to rules" when "rule of cool" demands it.
He could very easily claim that since Roxas' new heart was made from both Sora's and Ven's hearts it has grown with two wielding abilities, allowing him to wield two Keyblades at all times.
Ooo nice catch man, Dual weilding is roxas signature thing, it is part of the draw to him. Nomura desnt have t , an most lilky wont explain anything, ih still can he will and there will be no explanation or questioning. Like most things. "chuckle"

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

roxasddd.png

---

Nice catch! That scene was way to quick and short for me to recognize anything. Well he doesn't really need to explain why Roxas can dual wield, after all he only stated the one key per heart rule in the interviews, which means it's not quite cannon yet.
But I'm sure there's an easy way to excuse Roxas for the rule if he feels the need to. Maybe he can borrow Sora's or Xion's Keyblade to dual-wield.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Nice catch! That scene was way to quick and short for me to recognize anything. Well he doesn't really need to explain why Roxas can dual wield, after all he only stated the one key per heart rule in the interviews, which means it's not quite cannon yet.
But I'm sure there's an easy way to excuse Roxas for the rule if he feels the need to. Maybe he can borrow Sora's or Xion's Keyblade to dual-wield.
Interviews are generally considered first tier canon since they very rarely contradict with the games. That, and I don't quite remember that particular rule in interviews, rather I think it's the "you need a heart to wield" rule you're thinking of.

axel95

Awards

roxasddd.png

---

Nice catch! I'd like to see Roxas be able to dual wield. Like you said, it would probably just be another exception to to the rules, along with the other 50 it seems like we have. Honestly, is there anybody that follows the rules of the KH universe 100%?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Interviews are generally considered first tier canon since they very rarely contradict with the games. That, and I don't quite remember that particular rule in interviews, rather I think it's the "you need a heart to wield" rule you're thinking of.

Well I personally tend to think of them as Canon in the making. The reason why I prefer looking at it this way is a lot can change between when they said it and when they actually get to show it.
If I remember correctly, after KH2 Kairi was originally stated not to be a keyblade wielder, she was simply using a keyblade. Later it was changed to that while she didn't summon it, she is a potential keyblade wielder.

Not quite, I'm referring to the statement that Sora and Roxas could dual wield because they had two hearts in them. Though I'm not sure anymore, if this was stated in an interview or if this is fanon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back