• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Lights or The Princesses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I've been wondering this for a while, and want to know if this was ever explained. Xehanort said he needed the seven guardians of light to clash with his thirteen darknesses to create the X-blade. But he also said he had Maleficent gather the seven princesses while he gathered his thirteen darknesses. And Yen-Sid said that if they didn't gather seven guardians Xehanort would still go after the princesses. So which is it? Does Xehanort need the seven guardians or the princesses of heart to create the X-blade? Or could he use either one?

Xbladewielder

Awards
When they said 7 lights, they never specifically said pure lights, so it could be either. But seriously? Attacking the princesses? Thats just wrong. If it can't be the princesses, that means Kairi shouldn't be one of the seven key blade wielded.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It's either or. And it pretty much guarantees the creation of the X-blade for Xehanort because if the 13 Darknesses go after the Seven Princesses, then the Seven Guardians will come together to protect them.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Thanks for clearing that up guys :) But I do have another question. What about the original seven shards from the X-blade? Did they become the seven princesses, or do they appear when the princesses are in trouble?

You know, I'm not sure.. But that's an interesting question. Perhaps I'll need to do more research on this by playing all of KH games to see some mentions of this.

Maybe someone can answer this while I look for the suitable answer to your question.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks for clearing that up guys :) But I do have another question. What about the original seven shards from the X-blade? Did they become the seven princesses, or do they appear when the princesses are in trouble?

No, Yen Sid explains the whole issue with Mickey at the end of DDD.
The original seven light shards of the X-blade are NOT the Princesses. The hearts of pure light of the Princesses were created from the combined light of the few children who survived the Keyblade War and recreated the shattered universe.

Thus, as Yen Sid points out, the seven hearts of pure light of the Princesses together form the equivalent and replacement of the original, true Kingdom Hearts which was lost to the darkness after the Keyblade War. The original X-blade, and therefore its twenty shards, are a counterpart to the true Kingdom Hearts, not KH itself.
Each of the Princesses equals 1/7 of the power of the true Kingdom Hearts, so they can't be the seven light shards at the same time.

Roxie1563

Awards
The original seven light shards of the X-blade are NOT the Princesses. The hearts of pure light of the Princesses were created from the combined light of the few children who survived the Keyblade War and recreated the shattered universe.

Thus, as Yen Sid points out, the seven hearts of pure light of the Princesses together form the equivalent and replacement of the original, true Kingdom Hearts which was lost to the darkness after the Keyblade War. The original X-blade, and therefore its twenty shards, are a counterpart to the true Kingdom Hearts, not KH itself.
Each of the Princesses equals 1/7 of the power of the true Kingdom Hearts, so they can't be the seven light shards at the same time.

Oh, wow.. that's interesting. It looks like all the more reason to gather up the 7 Guardians of Light to protect the POH before Xehanort does something to them.

Awards

Thanks for clearing that up. So let me see if I got this right. The seven princesses keep the realm of light from being overcome by darkness. And when the princesses are in trouble the x-blade shards will choose the guardians that will protect them.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Now what I would like to know is what can that 1/7th power do. What are they capable of, Kingdom heart is the the source of everything and all, and the total focus of evryone in this game yet we still don't know what it can do?

Awards
Now what I would like to know is what can that 1/7th power do. What are they capable of, Kingdom heart is the the source of everything and all, and the total focus of evryone in this game yet we still don't know what it can do?

Interesting question. I don't think that the combined power of the princesses is equal to the power of Kingdom Hearts. They serve as a substitute for Kingdom Hearts, and keep the realm of light, well the realm of light. All the worlds (including the realm of darkness. which could be as big as the realm of light, if not bigger) were once whole, and Kingdom Hearts bathed everything in light. The princesses do the same thing, just on a smaller scale.

As for what Kingdom Hearts can do. Xehanort had a theory

Xehanort Report IV- And when Kingdom Hearts is complete, it is said the one who opens its door will bring about the creation of the Next World. Such a feat is above any human. Or, to put it a different way: whoever opens that door will be reborn as something far greater than human.
Xehanort Report VI- The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts.
And, as stated before, opening this door arguably gives that person control over all worlds and all people.

Given this is just a theory by Xehanort, and obviously why he wants to forge the X-blade. But there is one thing about Kindom Hearts that is known. All hearts are born from it. So the power to create hearts (essentialy life) is definently one thing that Kingdom Hearts does. And presumably Xehanort wants that power so he can become "God".

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Interesting question. I don't think that the combined power of the princesses is equal to the power of Kingdom Hearts. They serve as a substitute for Kingdom Hearts, and keep the realm of light, well the realm of light. All the worlds (including the realm of darkness. which could be as big as the realm of light, if not bigger) were once whole, and Kingdom Hearts bathed everything in light. The princesses do the same thing, just on a smaller scale.

As for what Kingdom Hearts can do. Xehanort had a theory

Given this is just a theory by Xehanort, and obviously why he wants to forge the X-blade. But there is one thing about Kindom Hearts that is known. All hearts are born from it. So the power to create hearts (essentialy life) is definently one thing that Kingdom Hearts does. And presumably Xehanort wants that power so he can become "God".
So theoretically are the preincess of heart demi gods of some kind? I know they are not equal but still

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks for clearing that up. So let me see if I got this right. The seven princesses keep the realm of light from being overcome by darkness. And when the princesses are in trouble the x-blade shards will choose the guardians that will protect them.

That's the basic gist of it. Or at least how Xehanort and Yen Sid imply it to be. Although the "how are the guardians chosen" is a bit iffy since Xehanort implies that they are chosen naturally (or by fate, as he likes to talk) while Mickey and Yen Sid apparently just work to gather at least seven people who can swing a Keyblade.
If the latter is a working method though I would wonder why they would stop just at seven and play into Xehanort's hands instead of recruiting more than seven and eradicate Xehanort's thirteen weirdos instead of risking the forging of the X-blade.

So theoretically are the preincess of heart demi gods of some kind? I know they are not equal but still

Well, what we DO know is that
1) The Princesses can sense and feel darkness (in KH 1 FM the Princesses at Hollow Bastion sensed Xemnas' immense power and informed Sora of it before the Unknown fight took place, also in KH 1 Kairi subtly sensed that something was wrong with Riku, which is why she made that weird speech to Sora about how Riku has changed. Sora didn't get what she was implying though).
2) They can block and hold back darkness. (In KH 1 after the final Keyhole was opened a flood of Darkness came forth which the Princesses blocked off until Sora had found another way to return to Hollow Bastion (with the new Gummi from Cid) to seal it).
3) They apparently can restore disappeared existences, like when Kairi brought Sora back and gave him a friggin' new human form.

Especially point 3 is of interest since it comes together with the notion of KH itself being the source of life. While the individual Princess may not have the power to create life, they may have the power to restore a disappeared being to physical form as long as there still remains something of that being, namely the heart.
I think I do not need to elaborate too much how this would play out in regard to Eraqus, Naminé, Xion and Roxas. If Sora can awake and free their sleeping and trapped hearts (as he's destined to and can accomplish with the help of Ansem's data), the Princesses may be able to help so that they can actually physcially exist again.
In short, Sora restores them as their own, independent entities in the spiritual sense while the Princesses give them the container they need to actually exist physically.

Roxie1563

Awards
That's the basic gist of it. Or at least how Xehanort and Yen Sid imply it to be. Although the "how are the guardians chosen" is a bit iffy since Xehanort implies that they are chosen naturally (or by fate, as he likes to talk) while Mickey and Yen Sid apparently just work to gather at least seven people who can swing a Keyblade.
If the latter is a working method though I would wonder why they would stop just at seven and play into Xehanort's hands instead of recruiting more than seven and eradicate Xehanort's thirteen weirdos instead of risking the forging of the X-blade.

1) The Princesses can sense and feel darkness (in KH 1 FM the Princesses at Hollow Bastion sensed Xemnas' immense power and informed Sora of it before the Unknown fight took place, also in KH 1 Kairi subtly sensed that something was wrong with Riku, which is why she made that weird speech to Sora about how Riku has changed. Sora didn't get what she was implying though).
2) They can block and hold back darkness. (In KH 1 after the final Keyhole was opened a flood of Darkness came forth which the Princesses blocked off until Sora had found another way to return to Hollow Bastion (with the new Gummi from Cid) to seal it).
3) They apparently can restore disappeared existences, like when Kairi brought Sora back and gave him a friggin' new human form.

Especially point 3 is of interest since it comes together with the notion of KH itself being the source of life. While the individual Princess may not have the power to create life, they may have the power to restore a disappeared being to physical form as long as there still remains something of that being, namely the heart.
I think I do not need to elaborate too much how this would play out in regard to Eraqus, Naminé, Xion and Roxas. If Sora can awake and free their sleeping and trapped hearts (as he's destined to and can accomplish with the help of Ansem's data), the Princesses may be able to help so that they can actually physcially exist again.
In short, Sora restores them as their own, independent entities in the spiritual sense while the Princesses give them the container they need to actually exist physically.

Oh, wow.. Selphly, does anyone ever tell you that you're an smart Master? xD you seems to know everything and can back it up, which is good in my book. :)

I'm actually looking forward to the Princess to help out Sora bring those lost in Darkness back to the Realm of Light! :D

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I have been wondering about this for a long time. I could never fugire how the other could come to be with no physical form. But tha makes sense, I forget sora's body is not his orginal since roxas is or was the previous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back