• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 Best Presidents in U.S History

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
For the most part I disagree with this statement. Hitler was a fool, and Stalin murdered millions. Truman was a war hero and he prevented the deaths of thousands of American lives. In war, american lives are all that matters, pero I agree that he could have done without the double bombings.

nevertheless, he protected the world from being consumed by the Japanese economy and I've decided to revere him as one of the best presidents of our time.

Here's my list:

1. Harry S. Truman
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. Ronald Reagan
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Lyndon Johnson

Five of my least favourite presidents, and you put America above all else... I'd guess you're a... Republican?

A

Azrael

Five of my least favourite presidents, and you put America above all else... I'd guess you're a... Republican?

And it is considered abnormal for Americans to look out their own interests before that out of other issues, it's fact.

Three out of the five presidents were Democrats, liberal Democrats mind you so yeah.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Apparently Mosaddeq Mohammed was the prime minister of Iran I believe and attempted to nationalize US oil company stakes in the country causing Eisenhower to believe he had Communist leanings and got the CIA to work with the Iranian Shah and some others to overthrow him.

It was moreso British oil companies trying to keep a monopoly, but yeah that was certainly part of it. But keep in mind that Truman was asked to help out originally, and he refused.

In the end by 1979, that mistake of Eisenhower bit ourselves in the ass during the Carter administration although I do not sympathisize that Shia fundamentalists took over.

It continues to do so in all Iranian relations.

That seems rather anti-terrorist to me, Aucune.

You mean Eisenhower's policies?

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Fuck Kennedy, who needs the Civil Rights Act anyway? We have a black president now, isn't that good enough?

Water Thug

Banned
I've always been a fan of U.S. Grant because his initials are U.S. He also had the initials H.U.G., which is also another great thing about him. That, and he's a badass.

USGrant.gif

Just badass.

So Grant gets number one easily.

1. Grant
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. Taft

Garfield takes second for being the second president to be assassinated.

1. Grant
2. Garfield
3. ???
4. ???
5. Taft

As for the number three and four spot, I'm going to give them to some pretty deserving presidents. Andrew Jackson is a hardcore badass, so he's definitely on the list. I'm going to put him at three cause he's that cool, though he's no Grant.

1. Grant
2. Garfield
3. Jackson
4. ???
5. Taft

Number four's going to Roosevelt.

1. Grant
2. Garfield
3. Jackson
4. Roosevelt
5. Taft

Final list.

A

Azrael

Fuck Kennedy, who needs the Civil Rights Act anyway? We have a black president now, isn't that good enough?

Doesn't mean that problems and major gaps between achievements had been completely solved.

No, it is not enough and that's sort of ignorant.

On Kennedy, fuck him. This.
I've always been a fan of U.S. Grant because his initials are U.S. He also had the initials H.U.G., which is also another great thing about him. That, and he's a badass.

Garfield takes second for being the second president to be assassinated.

Like Kennedy but even worse, didn't do shit.

Grant's administration was known for being corrupt So fuck him.

As for the number three and four spot, I'm going to give them to some pretty deserving presidents. Andrew Jackson is a hardcore badass, so he's definitely on the list. I'm going to put him at three cause he's that cool, though he's no Grant.

I hope Native Americans can see this and kill you.

Number four's going to Roosevelt.

1. Grant
2. Garfield
3. Jackson
4. Roosevelt
5. Taft

Better be FDR or I'm busting a cap

Water Thug

Banned
Nothing wrong with corruption. It's all about being a hardass. Still, Grant wins in my eyes. Just look at that picture of him.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Nah, he (Grant) was a pretty could prez, too. Easily number one on my list.

He (Grant) pwn'd as a general, he failed as a politician.

This

Like Sa'id just.. uhh.. said, of course he was a pwnsome/ badass general (He sure beats every one of his Civil War precursors like they're nothing..), but his presidency was full of corruption and bad decisions, so no.. Oh, and he is easily not even on my list.. but at least he dodged the bullet that is my "worst presidents" list.

Also, who cares about them being badass or a hardass.. Seeing how this is intel and this is NOT which president was the coolest/ most badass person, I personally think that this is meant to be more of who was the best leader.. along with who made the best decisions and the least amount of mistakes.. Sure, most of my choices are on Mount Rushmore (lol.. Mount Crushmore), but they were all good, in their own right. Btw.. I picked both Roosevelts (Yes, I'm meaning Theodore to.), for my Top 5. What now, beyotch?

Awards
Nothing wrong with corruption. It's all about being a hardass. Still, Grant wins in my eyes. Just look at that picture of him.

Grant wasn't a hardass as a politician, he was soft. It wasn't him that was corrupt, it was his administration/cabinet. It's just that Ulysses was too naive to realize when they were using him for scandals and all sorts of debauchery.

As for Jackson, uh, Indian Removal Act? Support for slavery?

A

Azrael

To be fair, you could say that every president until Lincoln supported slavery.

Not that was such a bad thing since they were President. It was smart not antagonizing your own "white" constituency for black slaves, that was the common opinion in the time.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Not that was such a bad thing since they were President. It was smart not antagonizing your own "white" constituency for black slaves, that was the common opinion in the time.

Yes, and Jackson also had to do what he did to the native populace because otherwise the nation would have fallen apart. So I wouldn't put him completely at fault for the bigotry of the times.

A

Azrael

Yes, and Jackson also had to do what he did to the native populace because otherwise the nation would have fallen apart. So I wouldn't put him completely at fault for the bigotry of the times.

Although he did prevent that nullification crisis from breaking out into what could had been an earlier version of the Civil War, this does not make him good as he allowed the Second Bank of the United States to die out and kicked out the Native Americans.

He was the first President to have the debt completely gone and have a surplus. And the last.

He's 7/10

Water Thug

Banned
I understand your points; however, I'm pretty stubborn on my list. My top 3 candidates are not budging. Number 4 and 5 are pretty shaky choices though.

Grant will always be number one in my mind. He is both a badass and a softy.

Jackson supported slavery as a con? That's a poorly constructed argument, sir. I'm sorry, but I had to point that out.

Jackson might move up to number two because he is that awesome.

Now before you start calling me uneducated, please understand that I'm an avid watcher of the history channel, and I've seen the specials on the presidents... twice.

The above statement is 100% true minus a couple of presidents that I decided to not pay attention for because they weren't worth my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back