• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 Best Presidents in U.S History

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'd say...

Lincoln

Washington

Jefferson... I guess.

And that's about it imo.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
You forget FDR or HST, how could you?

Well, I'm an outsider, so I don't know very much about yankee politics. So enlighten me as to what these two have done. And don't even talk to me about JFK, I hate that guy.

Awards
You forget HST, how could you?

Truman is the only person in history to authorize the use of nuclear weapons -- against civilian targets, no less. For that reason alone I regard him as a terrible president and a mass murderer, not too distinguishable from Hitler or Stalin.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Truman is the only person in history to authorize the use of nuclear weapons -- against civilian targets, no less. For that reason alone I regard him as a terrible president and a mass murderer, not too distinguishable from Hitler or Stalin.

And now I hate him too. Now then, someone help me add to the list of presidents I really hate. They include...

Reagan

Bush

Bush Jr.

Truman

Kennedy

And what other horrible acts have presidents committed?

A

Azrael

He needed to do that to force the fanatical military leaders ruling Japan to surrender or else there would had been an invasion.

Invasion > Nuclear bombing in terms of bloodshed.

You can say that FDR allowed Pearl Harbor to happen, Lifeline.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
He needed to do that to force the fanatical military leaders ruling Japan to surrender or else there would had been an invasion.

You can say that FDR allowed Pearl Harbor to happen, Lifeline.

That's not necessarily a reason for me to hate him... the bad has to outweigh the good for me to hate them. What good did Franklin Delano Roosevelt do?

A

Azrael

That's not necessarily a reason for me to hate him... the bad has to outweigh the good for me to hate them. What good did Franklin Delano Roosevelt do?

Can't say for sure but the guy got elected 4 times.

Says something about him.

Awards

In terms of American bloodshed, you mean. Think about it -- in total more than 100,000 people were killed on the spot, almost all of them civilians, and that number doesn't include those who died later on of complications involving nuclear fallout. Take into account the fact that American's reputation is tainted to this day, and I don't think there's much of a question as to whether or not Truman's decision to bomb Nagasaki and Hiroshima was a bad idea.

What good did Franklin Delano Roosevelt do?

Roosevelt was a fantastic president. He lead us honorably (at least honorably by the standards of any war, especially compared to Truman as I mentioned above) through World War II, instated several programs that lifted America out of the Great Depression, and was all around very good at what he did.

Of course his administration was not without flaw. When Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt responded to it by issuing an executive order that allowed the internment of Japanese Americans (note the "American" part -- they were legally citizens of USA and still denied all of their guaranteed rights, such as self incrimination, trial by jury etc. etc.) in what was basically our equivalent to a concentration camp. That was a horrible decision that ruined many, many lives and separated countless families.

H

Herman Melville

For the most part I disagree with this statement. Hitler was a fool, and Stalin murdered millions. Truman was a war hero and he prevented the deaths of thousands of American lives. In war, american lives are all that matters, pero I agree that he could have done without the double bombings.

nevertheless, he protected the world from being consumed by the Japanese economy and I've decided to revere him as one of the best presidents of our time.

Here's my list:

1. Harry S. Truman
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. Ronald Reagan
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Lyndon Johnson

A

Azrael

For the most part I disagree with this statement. Hitler was a fool, and Stalin murdered millions. Truman was a war hero and he prevented the deaths of thousands of American lives. In war, american lives are all that matters, pero I agree that he could have done without the double bombings.

nevertheless, he protected the world from being consumed by the Japanese economy and I've decided to revere him as one of the best presidents of our time.

Here's my list:

1. Harry S. Truman
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. Ronald Reagan
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Lyndon Johnson

This.

FDR > JFK anyday. JFK didn't do shit.

Awards
In war, american lives are all that matters, pero I agree that he could have done without the double bombings.

In war, you're not supposed to senselessly slaughter tens of thousands of civilians to prevent military casualties on your own side, asshole. Besides -- what about the fact that people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still dealing with the effects of nuclear radiation present day? If there's some part of you that can justify leveling two cities full of nonmilitary personal in order to halt a hypothetical invasion, then fuck you, and don't ever run for public office.

This is such a huge part of why so many people across the world despise America; douchebags like you project this idea that American life is somehow more valuable than life elsewhere.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
...but that took place during the Nixon administration.

You know that, and I know that, but most people say it was all Kennedy's work because he helped push the program through. It was "his dream".

Lunar landing in 1969
"I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth." John F. Kennedy.

I guess if you only half-pay attention in school these are the sorts of things you listen to.

This is such a huge part of why so many people across the world despise America; douchebags like you project this idea that American life is somehow more valuable than life elsewhere.
To their own defense, people always tend to take sides in war, and when you're out on the battlefield you can lose sight of the fact that your enemies are still humans when you're told to kill them outright. It can taint a person's sense of mind. That's why I generally disapprove of ex-military presidents, at least those who have served during war-time. They are mentally past their prime.

Also, Lyndon Johnson was a waste of space. He was a weasel and really rather useless. Reagan caused a deficit in out country to rival that of Bush Jr, and Kennedy wasn't even president long enough to accomplish anything to mar the shadow of his failures. Oration is not all that is necessary to lead. Which is why Obama was simply the BETTER choice compared to his opponent.

Eisenhower, however, I liked.

Last edited:

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Economically Eisenhower was decent. In foreign affairs, however, I'd say he was one of the worst.

Alaude Drenxta

At the time though, people were trying to look away from war, so it was a good time for it, he pushed the better focus on things at home.

Alaude Drenxta

Haha, a conspiracy seeker eh?
I can admit that it is a shadowy organization, but you can hardly find justification in a connection between them and the president.

A

Azrael

Apparently Mosaddeq Mohammed was the prime minister of Iran I believe and attempted to nationalize US oil company stakes in the country causing Eisenhower to believe he had Communist leanings and got the CIA to work with the Iranian Shah and some others to overthrow him.

In the end by 1979, that mistake of Eisenhower bit ourselves in the ass during the Carter administration although I do not sympathisize that Shia fundamentalists took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back