• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 Best Presidents in U.S History

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Silver Member
Basically list who you think is the 5 best presidents. Give reasons why you think they are so good.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
1. Washington - Lead the nation in revolutionary war, turned down offer to be King of America twice, set the standard for being president.
2. Lincoln- Rebuilt union, Freed slaves
3. FDR- WWII and Great depression
4. Roosevelt- Trust buster
5. Wilson- WW1

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
1. Thomas Jefferson: The father of the Declaration of Independence, this guy was also in charge during the Louisiana Purchase, and the Lewis and Clark Expedition. He was openly non-Christian, a deist and later an atheist, and a huge proponent of the separation of church and state.

2. Abraham Lincoln: He brought about the end of [open] U.S. slavery, and kept the Union together.

3. Franklin D. Roosevelt: Brought the U.S. through the Great Depression and World War II, and also set benchmark economic regulations.

4. George Washington: The very first, he defined the Presidency and kept the country together.

5: John F. Kennedey: He guided us through the Cuban Missile Crisis and helped the civil rights movement, among other things.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
The only reason Jefferson isn't on my list is because he's a hypocritical racist. He wrote many papers on how African Americans were inferior yet he had a black mistress who he had children with. He also lied to native Americans claiming that the U.S would open it's arms to them and together would become a super nation, yet he really didn't do anything to help the Native Americans once in office.

The man was still very smart (I've give him that) speaking dozen of languages and a master of many skills. And a founding father who was important in American history.

Awards
Franklin D. Roosevelt - Raised America from the ashes of the Great Depression, and responsibly lead us through World War II. It's difficult for me to put him on the list because he also authorized the displacement of Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor, but I guess the pros outweigh the cons.

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Did a series of fantastic things for our economy, infrastructure and technology. He's also one of the few presidents I can think of without any major fuck ups on his record.

Theodore Roosevelt - First president to push for universal health care, as well as the first to make environmentalism a priority. Also one of the last true conservatives, IMO.

Thomas Jefferson - One of the biggest supporters of separation of church and state in the country's history; he was also very much a libertarian, which I like about him.

Remains to be seen - Because most of America's presidents have fucking sucked.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Sam said:
He's also one of the few presidents I can think of without any major fuck ups on his record.

There is the matter of Iran, increased CIA "activity", and the like, but that might have been beyond what he could control, I don't know.

Awards
(I wouldn't add any other presidents to the lists that have already been offered)

5: John F. Kennedey: He guided us through the Cuban Missile Crisis and helped the civil rights movement, among other things.

I'm not so sure about this one. He may have handled the Cuban Missile Crisis, but it was not without a great deal of hesitation (understandable, yes, but he was nonetheless slow to decide even with strong advisory). Actually at one point, he was set on just invading Cuba to stop the nukes. And then there's, of course, the Bay of Pigs...

Don't get me wrong. He was an excellent president, but I don't think he qualifies for top 5. His term of presidency was mostly sensationalized by the assassination. To be honest, I think his brother Robert had potential to be even greater.

Awards
I'm not so sure about this one. He may have handled the Cuban Missile Crisis, but it was not without a great deal of hesitation (understandable, yes, but he was nonetheless slow to decide even with strong advisory). Actually at one point, he was set on just invading Cuba to stop the nukes. And then there's, of course, the Bay of Pigs...

Don't get me wrong. He was an excellent president, but I don't think he qualifies for top 5. His term of presidency was mostly sensationalized by the assassination. To be honest, I think his brother Robert had potential to be even greater.

I was going to make similar comments, but decided against it at first. Honestly I think Kennedy was a mediocre president and don't understand how, between his hesitation during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the travesty that was the Bay of Pigs Invasion and serving only half a term he's managed to maintain such popularity. I suppose he introduced a handful of good programs, and his economic policy was exceptional, but overall I am not impressed.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Theodore Roosevelt - http://forums.khinsider.com/intel/126752-5-worst-presidents-u-s-history-2.html#post3926330

George Washington - Like it was said, he risked it all to get us independence and despite being offered a crown, he turned it down and even set the US president standard, which was only broken by Franklin Roosevelt and nearly broken by T. Roosevelt. (But you can't blame the guy... Taft sucked.. and he knew it.. lol..)

Franklin Roosevelt - He practically undid what Hoover did/ didn't do and brought us out of the Great Depression. Even if he did break the standard, I kind of feel that he partially did it for our own good. I'm not really sure how else we could of gotten through WW2 without him, even if he had Polio and was confined to a wheelchair.

Thomas Jefferson - Racist or not, he was one of the first openly atheist presidents, created the Declaration of Independence (one of our most important documents) and was fairly quick to send explorers out into our newly bought Lousiana Purchase. (Hey, he could of just procrastionated and let the people find out for themselves.)

Lincoln - Well, he got us through the Civil War (that Buchanan obviously didn't do anything to prevent), ended slavery, and kept the union intact, along with creating one of the most memorable speeches ever (Oh.. and keep it simple, stupid..) and other things.

A

Azrael

Franklin Delano Roosevelt - He practically did everything that Hoover and his Republican lackeys were unable to and try to bring out of the Great Depression with his New Deal programs, some of which were permanently put into place such as the Social Security System. Not only did he led the American people during the Great Depression but through much of World War II and along with British PM Winston Churchill set up what would eventually become the United Nations in the post WWII-world. Roosevelt, out of anyone deserved to have the title of the greatest President in United States history up until now and probably for all time.

George Washington - A man who probably did not need to bear the responsibility of leading the Continental Army, and later the young United States out of the aftermath that was the American Revolutionary War of Independence from the British Empire. Despite being offered a crown by a set of military officers who sought to overthrow Congress and set up a military junta, he turned it down and set the standards that most Presidents for the exception of FDR and almost by Teddy. had followed until now.

Abraham Lincoln - He managed to keep the Union together by striving to bring the rebellious Southern states who composed the Confederate States of America back into the fold. Despite restricting a few basic freedoms, he had to deal with incompetent generals and domestic opposition to the war by northern Democrats along with others. Lincoln also in a secondary note, began the process of the eventual end to slavery in 1865.

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Despite being a Republican, this was a period where the Republican Party was still composed of mostly moderates unlike its current incarnation. He did some remarkable things for the United States economy, which was booming during the post war era and established the highways that we currently use. Despite adding "Under God", he still merits high marks for leading the nation during the greatest era in its history.

Thomas Jefferson - The author of the Declaration of Independence and this President sanctioned the purchase of the Louisiana Purchase which doubled the size of the country and made Lewis and Clark explore the area.

Q

Banned
obama - my nigga
bill - my other nigga on the inside (get it)
george w. bush - fucker could roll a blunt like a mother
taft - i'm da biggest boss dat you seen dus farh
reagan -
crips.jpg

crip status

DeviL_MasteR

For me . . .

- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- Abraham Lincoln
- Theodore Roosevelt
- None

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
obama - my nigga
bill - my other nigga on the inside (get it)
george w. bush - fucker could roll a blunt like a mother
taft - i'm da biggest boss dat you seen dus farh
reagan -
crips.jpg

crip status
IMO, I wouldn't really put Obama on my list yet, since he hasn't had an effect on history yet, other than being the first African American president, but that's not doing anything. :/

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
One more to add. Less serious, but funny enough to get his name remembered.

Taft, who was so fat that he got stuck in a bathtub.

I was going to make similar comments, but decided against it at first. Honestly I think Kennedy was a mediocre president and don't understand how, between his hesitation during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the travesty that was the Bay of Pigs Invasion and serving only half a term he's managed to maintain such popularity. I suppose he introduced a handful of good programs, and his economic policy was exceptional, but overall I am not impressed.

Sadly easily, as he's credited with landing the first "man on the moon."

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
rrrr.jpg

1 RONALD REAGAN

2 RONALD REAGAN

3 RONALD REAGAN

4 RONALD REAGAN

5 RONALD REAGAN