• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

March 15th - Kingdom Hearts Union χ ENG Update

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Story Quest Update! (Mar. 15)

★ New Story Quests Added! 
We are happy to announce that 5 new story quests will be available as of Mar. 15, 2018 12:00 a.m. (PT) / 7:00 (UTC)!

At last, the curtain draws back on the story of Union Cross. 
Just what is the Union Leaders' "first task"...?

Gem Boards! (Mar. 15)

★Gem Board Deals!

■ Available Period: 
Mar. 15, 2018 12:00 a.m. to Mar. 20, 2018 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Mar. 15, 2018 7:00 to Mar. 21, 2018 6:59 (UTC)

■ Details: 
The trio of limited-time Gem Boards return, each of which contains five Power GemsSpeed Gems, or Magic Gems, depending on the type of board! 
The boards also contain all kinds of loot, including 5 GemsMagic BroomMagic Mirror and a Cid 10 Medal for just 2,000 Jewels each!

■ Contents of Limited-Time Gem Boards 
(The rewards listed below are for each board unless noted otherwise.)

Skill 
 Second Chance III (6★ Scrooge) x 1

Medals 
 5★ Magic Broom x 3 
 6★ Magic Mirror x 8 
 6★ Cid 10 x 1 
 6★ Huey & Dewey & Louie x 2

Other 
 Power Gem x 5 (in Power Gem board) 
 Speed Gem x 5 (in Speed Gem board) 
 Magic Gem x 5 (in Magic Gem board)

■ About Gem Boards: 
・Select "Avatar Boards" from the Menu to view these boards. 
 (NOTE: Although these are found on the "Avatar Boards" page, these boards do not contain avatar parts.) 
・Once purchased, make sure to unlock at least one node before the campaign period ends. 
 (NOTE: If you do not unlock a node before the campaign period ends, you will not be able to unlock the rest of the nodes on the board after the campaign period.) 
・You will not need Avatar Coins to unlock nodes on these boards.

Follow us on Twitter for the latest news! @Daybreak_Town

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: March 15th - Kingdom Hearts Union ? ENG Update

2 months for 5 quests

wat

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

2 months for 5 quests

wat
Pathetic.

The cutscene was about introducing pets to the player, which is odd considering we have had pets for months now.

This really should have been more than 5 quests. I am so baffled by this decision. Didn't they say they wanted to speed up story quests?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Pathetic.

This really should have been more than 5 quests. I am so baffled by this decision. Didn't they say they wanted to speed up story quests?

Best case scenario, Square Enix announces that all of the remaining Agrabah quests are part of the April story quest update at the Union X event. That way, where only one story update away from Japan.

If we continue to pester Square Enix USA about the poor story quest distribution then they'll get the message. They got the message when we wanted brooms and increased jewels.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

Yeah, this long for only a 5 quest update. Methinks that they put all their eggs in the banner catchup and left little to none to working on Story Updates. Surprisingly, I'm less angry and more...disappointed. Part of me pities SENA because this is the result of their own choices, and they chose greed over customer satisfaction. So desperate to get money, missing sight of what the players actually want. Or just straight up ignoring it. Honestly, the KHUX Event is SENA's last solid chance to turn this around and choose a different path. But at the pace they're going...I don't expect much. It's just sad at this point.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, this long for only a 5 quest update. Methinks that they put all their eggs in the banner catchup and left little to none to working on Story Updates. Surprisingly, I'm less angry and more...disappointed. Part of me pities SENA because this is the result of their own choices, and they chose greed over customer satisfaction. So desperate to get money, missing sight of what the players actually want. Or just straight up ignoring it. Honestly, the KHUX Event is SENA's last solid chance to turn this around and choose a different path. But at the pace they're going...I don't expect much. It's just sad at this point.
The KHUX event is not looking very good from our point of view because despite having Sign dedicate the last few years of her life to covering KHX through to now and beyond they keep saying there won't be any opportunities to interview anyone or anything. Meanwhile they have paid for YouTubers to go to the event (paid for their accommodation and tickets AFAIK) with the possibility for exclusive coverage. Meanwhile we get told that this stuff isn't happening, at least not for us >_>

Pestering SENA is pointless since any change we try and instigate they do silently weeks after. The rest is just their social media team engaging in memes and rarely addressing the community and their concerns.

Hopefully theyll just post quests more often.... like a few more at the kh events not bringing my hopes up though

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

The pets scene? Really? That's it?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Pets get introduced early on to the player (i believe within the first 50 quests they unlock for a new player?) and then this is meant to be the /reveal/ of the reasoning and plot behind it. So that's why they're separate, but yeah it is a bit disappointing. It's funny/sad to think that we're basically caught up now on the "main" storyline in ENG, because this was also the last bit of the union leaders that Japan has seen too over the past like, six months.

Pirate Queen

WTF??! Nearly a two month wait for story quests and we get...5 FREAKING QUESTS?!!!! And pets? Spirits?? For F's sake, we got our spirit pets ages ago. WTF??

And yes, SENA is paying big money to fly, accomodate and indulge certain YouTubers (Smelly Octopus is one). What a joke and indulgent company. Just stop supporting this game. Play it if you enjoy Kingdom Hearts like I do, but don't give them any of your money. Become, if you aren't yet, F2P. I play for the story and a few other things. Grinding Raid Bosses is not my idea of fun. I don't do those. The events are getting too powerful for some. You will never, ever catch up with the whales anyway, and soon, you will not be able to compete without being a whale. Have you noticed the power creep??

I used to love getting VIP when it offered good stuff. No longer will I do that. Never. And the precious KHUX is a joke. $20 for nothing. Yeah, some cheap little gifts, no doubt, but no questions, no photos, nothing. No, that is reserved for some "special" YouTube gamers.

Too bad. This was a fun game at one time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Reading these comments I get the vibe that not even entertaining the thought to start playing it (even if I would have a adequate phone) was a sound decision on my part.

Yet if we solely talk distribution of worthwhile story material I don't think the JP side is an ounce better on that part.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Reading these comments I get the vibe that not even entertaining the thought to start playing it (even if I would have a adequate phone) was a sound decision on my part.
I still think the game is fine, but I think it requires a, like, very chill approach to your expectations of it. And it's definitely kind of transitioning, for me anyway, away from a "play for a few hours every day, invested" kind of thing to a "check in every day, only really get into it here and there when stuff comes out that interests you (i.e. specific avatar parts/medals you'd like, or when the story updates)" kind of thing. Like, I think it's better understood as a bit of a decent time-killer here and there instead of a "play for hours and clear everything as soon as it comes out" kind of thing. IMO anyway.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

tumblr_p5ntd3Flt31wppixho1_1280.png

Looks like Brain and Ventus are going to have a clash of personalities...

DefiantHeart

Awards

Pathetic.

The cutscene was about introducing pets to the player, which is odd considering we have had pets for months now.

Yeppers, already complained about that on twitter to them. XD Soon as they had that post for questions to ask at the dandelion event, I let them have it. XD

The KHUX event is not looking very good from our point of view because despite having Sign dedicate the last few years of her life to covering KHX through to now and beyond they keep saying there won't be any opportunities to interview anyone or anything. Meanwhile they have paid for YouTubers to go to the event (paid for their accommodation and tickets AFAIK) with the possibility for exclusive coverage. Meanwhile we get told that this stuff isn't happening, at least not for us >_>
Pestering SENA is pointless since any change we try and instigate they do silently weeks after. The rest is just their social media team engaging in memes and rarely addressing the community and their concerns.

Really? They're paying youtubers to go to the event? Sigh, what a waste, I barely watch any of them any more... they've all basically just kept to themselves and don't respond to people's comments anymore.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I still think the game is fine, but I think it requires a, like, very chill approach to your expectations of it. And it's definitely kind of transitioning, for me anyway, away from a "play for a few hours every day, invested" kind of thing to a "check in every day, only really get into it here and there when stuff comes out that interests you (i.e. specific avatar parts/medals you'd like, or when the story updates)" kind of thing. Like, I think it's better understood as a bit of a decent time-killer here and there instead of a "play for hours and clear everything as soon as it comes out" kind of thing. IMO anyway.

This is how I view it too, and am still fine. I think most mobile games should be viewed this way, as most are built on micro-transactions meant to try to slowly suckle money out of you till the game slowly dies off one day anyway lol. Its just something to do while I'm out and about. And if not, then I log in to my few dedicated games a few times a fay to do a few tasks and get some stuff and then move on...for the most part. Every once in a while I put like a half hour to an hour in this game? Like at once, then barely play again for a few days. Just to keep up on getting jewels and Brooms from UX or whatever.

This game definitely....feels like it is trying the hardest to suck money of out me? Like, the deals aren't even that good, and its annoying getting enough in game stuff to purchase the items for free. Other games I play are a bit more generous with in game currency, only sometimes annoying me with how much they charge. Usually I get away with not spending anything for them, though.

I sort of am beginning to detest how much Japan loves phone games tho lol. By nature, they aren't as good as console or PC games. Their quality is usually low, with some barely even being an actual game. Plus they are designed to only be played a little at a time which limits story telling. So it just bums me out like EVERYTHING is getting them and we are supposed to be excited lol. I have tried many and have quit most of them tbh. Like, I saw Digimon is getting its 4th or 5th mobile game already, but it supposed to have a legit story. But I am skeptical of how it will actually be told or if it will even be worth it tbh... usually the grindy crap they want is annoying. I sort of like chill games like Animal Crossing and Disney Magic Kingdoms more I am realizing lol. Like who cares, I get some nice decorations then move on with my day...no competing to get the best equipment or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back