• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3's theme "Chikai" to be on Utada Hikaru's 7th studio album

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

D23 Expo Japan 2018 brought about two brand new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers, one of which gave us our first listen to the game's main theme songs by Utada Hikaru: "Chikai" and "Don't Think Twice". Utada has blown away fans around the world with her new ballads which feature powerful, resonating lyrics about marriage and eternal oaths, tying in closely with the themes of her previous songs for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.

On Utada's official website, it was announced that "Chikai" will be featured on her 7th studio album releasing at an unknown time this year. Thanks to Saken, you can read the translation of her announcement of "Chikai" below:

New song: Chikai (Kingdom Hearts 3’s Theme Song) Announced!
A new game trailer from Japan to the world!

Born from the combination of Disney and Square Enix, Kingdom Hearts is a series that Utada Hikaru is not a stranger to, having been involved with the series’ theme songs for quite some time.

As the next main sequel to the series, the theme song of Kingdom Hearts 3 has been composed by Utada Hikaru, and presented today.
The title of the new song is “Chikai”. Just as previous titles, an English version of the song has been prepared, named “DON’T THINK TWICE”, which has been revealed to the world at the same time.

Utada Hikaru has already composed 2 songs for the Kingdom Hearts Series, “Hikari (English: Simple and Clean)” and “Passion (English: Sanctuary)”, making this the 3rd song in succession.

You can hear the new theme song, “Oath” or in English, “DON’T THINK TWICE”, in the new trailers presented below.

“Oath” will also be available on Utada Hikaru’s 7th original album, which is planned for release sometime this year, followed by a round of live tours, so please look forward to it!

Since the release of her 6th album Fantôme in 2016, Utada released three new singles "Oozora de Dakishimete", "Forevermore", and "Anata" in 2017. The majority of her discography is also now available for streaming on music subscription services like Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross], Kingdom Hearts 3, The World Ends With You, and all things related to Kingdom Hearts

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3's theme "Chikai" to be on Utada Hikaru's 7th studio album

I know it says "Oath" will be on her next album, but I wonder if "Don't Think Twice" will be available to buy digitally before KH3 is released or not.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I know it says "Oath" will be on her next album, but I wonder if "Don't Think Twice" will be available to buy digitally before KH3 is released or not.

Utada said she'd leak it if KH3 doesn't come out fast enough xD

https://twitter.com/utadahikaru/status/962349555823120384

But really, I don't know if they'd release it as a single when they could get people to buy KH3's OST for the song. Then again, KH3's OST likely won't be out immediately when KH3 releases so who knows!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

KH3's OST will have enough going for it that they could afford to sell Utada's single separate. Like releasing the Florence and the Machine's songs a few months before FFXV launched, it's a good way to get people hyped for the game.

Just need KH3's OST to include the music from 2.8 / Back Cover AND be sold on iTunes. It's like $300 AUD to track down a copy and have it shipped on Amazon Australia.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Hikari and Passion were both singles just fine. As a matter of fact, I own both of these. Chikai being a single will be no problem. She still has a lot of fans - not just Kingdom Hearts fans.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hikari and Passion were both singles just fine. As a matter of fact, I own both of these. Chikai being a single will be no problem. She still has a lot of fans - not just Kingdom Hearts fans.

The point wasn't that her song wouldn't sell--Utada is one of the Queens of J-Pop, of course it'd sell more than just fine--but rather that it would drive up sales for KH3's OST if kept bundled there when first released. (Chaser makes a good point, though, but there is a bit of history going for this)

Simple & Clean was never released as a single until it came out with COLORS a year after the game released.

Kingdom Hearts 2's opening version of Passion did not release until the KH2 OST released.

Sanctuary and Sanctuary (Ending) did not release until her This Is The One album which was like 4 years after KH2 released.

See the trend?

I do believe if Chikai gets a single release prior to the 7th album, Don't Think Twice will also be on it, though.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

The point wasn't that her song wouldn't sell--Utada is one of the Queens of J-Pop, of course it'd sell more than just fine--but rather that it would drive up sales for KH3's OST if kept bundled there when first released. (Chaser makes a good point, though, but there is a bit of history going for this)

Simple & Clean was never released as a single until it came out with COLORS a year after the game released.

Kingdom Hearts 2's opening version of Passion did not release until the KH2 OST released.

Sanctuary and Sanctuary (Ending) did not release until her This Is The One album which was like 4 years after KH2 released.

See the trend?

I do believe if Chikai gets a single release prior to the 7th album, Don't Think Twice will also be on it, though.

You're right. So the only one of the singles that released before the game and soundtrack was Hikari. If Utada wants to release the single before the album she really might leak it early. Savage.

The album was confirmed to have both songs? That's a first.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You're right. So the only one of the singles that released before the game and soundtrack was Hikari. If Utada wants to release the single before the album she really might leak it early. Savage.

The album was confirmed to have both songs? That's a first.

Utada ain’t taking crap anymore from these corporations. If she wants her song out there, she’ll get it out xD

No, the album is only confirmed to have Chikai. But as some single releases have gone before, we usually get a remix or B-side song that doesn’t usually make it on the album so I could easily see that being Don’t Think Twice if Chikai does get a single release prior to the album.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i serioasly cant wait for the full version and all the rest of the song as well on the album the minute it goes on the apple story im preodeering it

shuyin_zer0

Awards

I don’t think we need to be worried about both songs releasing at the same time. They’ll be on the same single release because 1) She is well aware of her Western fanbase now, and 2) Both songs are releasing under the same label (Passion and Sanctuary we’re owned by two separate labels at the time).

This. Still so many think she’s famous in Japan because of Kingdom Hearts, when it’s the opposite; she was asked to write a song for Kingdom Hearts because of how famous she already was.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

so who here going to make don't think twice there slow wedding dance

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I've never been one to dream about some future wedding since I don't want that for myself, but if I did ever fall in love with the idea of getting married, this song would be for the first dance.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I won't need the single. I'll be purchasing the album for sure. I loved Fantôme, and it just proved the hiatus was as beneficial for her as I'd hoped. Looking forward to the full versions.

Sdog

Awards

I love the energy of the song almost as much as how it became a sparkling water ad outta nowhere.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Wild guess but that sounds like it would be the opening track. Chikai, I'm going to guess will be the closing track.

Awards

https://youtu.be/XJ_JugKreGU

Just one of the songs that will be on her upcoming album <3

(Thanks to Sign for finding it)

bJodJral.jpg

LOOK HOW STUNNING SHE IS <3

Awards

it only matter of time bfore the full album relase i say around june the relase tour dates and the date when the album releases

I really trully don't understand what you just said...

But let me try...

My bet is that she'll announce the album around June... She has Play a Love Song coming next week on 4/25 and she also has another song coming on 5/30 called Hatsukoi which you can hear the preview here:

https://twitter.com/purple_ANGEL828...com/purple_ANGEL828/status/986241969742536706

I think the album will be out in Sept. and the tour will start around nov/dec

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I really trully don't understand what you just said...

But let me try...

My bet is that she'll announce the album around June... She has Play a Love Song coming next week on 4/25 and she also has another song coming on 5/30 called Hatsukoi which you can hear the preview here:

https://twitter.com/purple_ANGEL828...com/purple_ANGEL828/status/986241969742536706

I think the album will be out in Sept. and the tour will start around nov/dec
actually i said she annoces the tour dates in june the tour i believe will star in september and th album come out nov/dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back