• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The world of Daybreak Town is expanding.

Coming soon Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ will be rebranded KINGDOM HEARTS UNION χ [Cross] which will further expand the mythology of the series as well as introducing Ventus into the game. Multiplayer will also be arriving, which advertises 6 players joining together on missions to take down the Heartless.

The Japanese version will be updated in late March, whereas the Global version can expect this next month in April. 

With Kingdom Hearts: Union χ, players can create teams of six from their party members or through a matchmaking feature to fight hordes of Heartless enemies and powerful bosses. Players can also take on quests of increasing difficulty as well as unique new missions. To help these teams of friends communicate with each other, the game will now include emotes and text bubbles. Players will encounter both familiar and new faces as the story of the Unions continues to unfold, and the new “Theater Mode” will allow players to relive the drama and rewatch cutscenes.

You can pre-register for the update here: [Japanese Version] [Global Version]

Update: Additionally, Unchained X Japan updated with 5 new missions, featuring the scenes shown in the trailer above. Translations will be available as soon as possible.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Union ? [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

I've got a rough translation of the cutscenes in the trailer.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

How exactly is the pre-registration supposed to work? I've already got the app.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Union ? [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Muke

whatever
Awards

I've got a rough translation of the cutscenes in the trailer.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

How exactly is the pre-registration supposed to work? I've already got the app.
Can we go to missions with them? Can we play as Ven? CAN WE BE A LEADER, TOO?!

Thanks for translating!!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Unchained Chi is getting a full-on expansion and rebranding. Wow, holy shit that's cool.

Also, VENTUS!!!!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

The memories of tragedy aren't needed for the future. Here and in other worlds, we will experience a time without sadness.
this really just makes it sound like unchained is getting scrapped and a new continuity is starting unconnected to khx lol

like it's basically making entirely new union leaders and everything :s

Muke

whatever
Awards

Just really wanna know why they're changing its name to X [cross]. AND SO MUCH MORE
but that, too. it has to have a deeper meaning!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
They clarify at the end of the notice in-app that all your progress (medals, items, equipment, levels, etc.) will carry over into Union χ

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
just when you think kingdom hearts titles can't get any worse

nomura finds a way

Are you kidding? This is one of the best titles to date since Birth by Sleep. The context makes sense and it's not a chore to pronounce.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
At this point, I think Nomura has just been trying to outdo himself with the confusing plot elements with each new installment since Coded. Coded, DDD, Chi, Unchained Chi, and now Union Cross. It just gets weirder and weirder as it goes forward. I honestly don't know where they're going with this. It's somehow gone from a mostly simplistic plot on PC to an interdimensional multiverse on smartphones.

They clarify at the end of the notice in-app that all your progress (medals, items, equipment, levels, etc.) will carry over into Union χ

I would certainly hope so. The amount of backlash if they didn't would be catastrophic.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Just really wanna know why they're changing its name to X [cross]. AND SO MUCH MORE
but that, too. it has to have a deeper meaning!

Well, [cross] could stand literally for "crossing" as in either the events/people of the X-era crossing with the events/people of the present day KH, which is arguably already happening in some form or meaning to "cross over" into the "outside world" the Dandelions are supposed to flee/relocate to once the true war (which happens in Browser Chi) starts.

It may even mean both of those at the same time as Nomura has a knack for choosing words in titles that have multiple meanings.
Going by "Union cross" in full term it might also mean that the five unions will finally work together and search for the true enemy rather than compete with each other. If there are new leaders they are not bound to the "rules" set by the Master of Masters for the original Foretellers and they can choose different paths and approaches.

Considering Ven's appearance though I'm wondering if Ephemer and/or Skuld will notice that, hey, you kinda look like one of the guys depicted on our medals.

SoraForeverKH

Ventus?! This is so cool! And if he's connected to the dandelions then no wonder Sora has the Keyblade ability, connections and special power! Ven is inside his heart, so he is basically caught up tight in the middle of it, whether he is aware of this or not, and we all know he's not. (laughs) I like this information! I'm getting closer to understanding what the power of waking Sora must learn in KH III is all about nownow. I wonder though... Could the as said "power of waking" in fact be the "key to return hearts" we've heard about long ago that Sora and his friends are looking for? I think it's very likely. ^^

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Considering Ven's appearance though I'm wondering if Ephemer and/or Skuld will notice that, hey, you kinda look like one of the guys depicted on our medals.

Kingdom Hearts about to go full meta.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Also, the logo is really colorless and… different. I don't like the logo. D:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Are you kidding? This is one of the best titles to date since Birth by Sleep. The context makes sense and it's not a chore to pronounce.
i am not kidding. "union x [cross]" is a pretty bleh title, with a bleh logo to match.
it may not be the worst thing, but it certainly aint the best
Also, the logo is really colorless and… different. I don't like the logo. D:
not to mention the weird spacing in the subtitle

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Agreed about the logo. This has replaced the original CoM logo as my least favorite KH logo in the series.

Muke

whatever
Awards
i am not kidding. "union x [cross]" is a pretty bleh title, with a bleh logo to match.
it may not be the worst thing, but it certainly aint the best

not to mention the weird spacing in the subtitle
Agreed, I'm not really a fan of the title either. And yeah, that spacing looks so off to me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ventus?! This is so cool! And if he's connected to the dandelions then no wonder Sora has the Keyblade ability, connections and special power! Ven is inside his heart, so he is basically caught up tight in the middle of it, whether he is aware of this or not, and we all know he's not. (laughs) I like this information! I'm getting closer to understanding what the power of waking Sora must learn in KH III is all about nownow. I wonder though... Could the as said "power of waking" in fact be the "key to return hearts" we've heard about long ago that Sora and his friends are looking for? I think it's very likely. ^^

Considering what this trailer states Ventus is apparently about to be become one of the five leaders of the Dandelions (and also take leadership of one of the five unions, meaning that there is a chance the Foretellers except maybe Ava do not play a role in Union X [cross] (UXC? new abbreviation? Damn, casual fans are going to sprout more Huh?s and Wat?s than any meme is capable of) at all.
I wouldn't be too fast on already heaping huge amounts on importance and connectivity to Sora though as so far it is primarily Ventus with the connection.

Ventus having a sort of connection to X[chi] is not even that surprising when one recalls that Ventus was chosen as a Keyblade Wielder by No Name/Luxu's Keyblade itself.
When Xehanort found Ventus he already owned the Keyblade and as such the ceremony (which Nomura confirmed Ven got) was done almost certainly with this particular Keyblade.

Kingdom Hearts about to go full meta.

Knowing Nomura he may spin even this into an important story/plot point.

That being said, I get totally BBS deja vu vibes from this scene as it plays out very parallelsy to the final world of BBS where Ventus arrives last at the Keyblade Graveyard with Terra and Aqua already standing there.
This time it's Ephemer and Skuld already standing there but Ven again arrives as the 3rd.

.xone

Awards
The moment I saw SE post this, I automatically jump from my chair.

And I agree that name is nice as the x is changed from chi to cross.To think about it,maybe the "cross" is how the union now united or maybe the context to cross over the realm or something like that.

EDIT: I wasn't reading Sephiroth post earlier, He was quicker than me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back