• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.8 Name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I find the "Final Chapter Prologue" title more annoying than "2.8". It's just...so long, I dunno.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I really feel as though 2.8 could have been dropped and they could have stuck with "Final Chapter Prologue". I understand the math behind it but I honestly feel as though the convalutedness of the title may damage potential sales.

final chapter prologue's broken english is probably worse tbh

also why bump this old ass thread? lol, after a month of inactivity its better to start a whole new topic man.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Final Chapter Prologue bothers me more than 2.8. At least you can tell that means like between 2.5 and 3. Final Chapter Prologue is too many syllables.

CyborgHD13

Awards
Final Chapter Prologue bothers me more than 2.8. At least you can tell that means like between 2.5 and 3. Final Chapter Prologue is too many syllables.

Yeah you can tell, but I'm pretty sure Nomura didn't put "2.8" specifically because it was between 2.5 and 3. :p

I like the title. Gives me the courage to actually type 3 more words apart from "Kingdom Hearts 2.8".

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

And not to mention the fact that "Final Chapter Prologue" is an oxymoron.

I don't dislike it, though; I actually rather like it, but I can understand why other's wouldn't.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

This is my problem with the title as well. I still like the 2.8, but adding the Final Chapter Prologue is just too much of a mouthful. I don't mind the title itself, but it's exceptionally long.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
final chapter prologue's broken english is probably worse tbh

also why bump this old ass thread? lol, after a month of inactivity its better to start a whole new topic man.
It's a 3-6 month bump that we frown upon. Please don't backseat mod.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It's a 3-6 month bump that we frown upon. Please don't backseat mod.

i wasn't attempting to backseat mod, i just hate seeing old ass threads getting bumped for no reason. i always thought the rule was one month so excuse me kangarooman.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's all chill, y'all. A threads a threads a thread.

All of this talk about the game's name has made me hyped again and we are still four months away from it god damn it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It's all chill, y'all. A threads a threads a thread.

All of this talk about the game's name has made me hyped again and we are still four months away from it god damn it.

well assuming there is a you four months into the future, you COULD (hypothetically) leave your body and travel to that point, play it, and come back to the present and forget it even happened.

maybe you already have and just dont know it.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I hate the Kingdom Hearts numbering, I much prefer final chapter prologue as dumb of a subtitle as that is. Kingdom Hearts 3 is really going to be like, KH 8 or 9, 358/2 Days is such and awful name (I typically just live in denial and call it Kingdom Hearts Days), and then I didn't mind 2.8 much at first because it's just in the Middle of 2.5 and 3, but then Nomura decided he was a mathematician and had to come up with some ridiculous way of explaining it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Idk buddy. There's a charm to these titles. Nomura is clearly a psychopath and I find a lot of humor in his frantic explanations and justifications

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Idk buddy. There's a charm to these titles. Nomura is clearly a psychopath and I find a lot of humor in his frantic explanations and justifications

he gets free coke to fuel his creative process because his math confuses the dealers.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I like it.
Why would the (non-existed) "convoluted-ness of the title" damage potential sales? I don't get the logic behind that.

Because the 2.8 numbering system may throw casual consumers off. After all, Square Enix cannot solely rely on die-hard fans to make a profit out of this game. And the title is convoluted. There's no beating around the bush about that no matter how lore relevant the title is.

he gets free coke to fuel his creative process because his math confuses the dealers.

Why do I find this explanation to make more sense than the justification behind 2.8's meaning?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
How can a title that has FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE in it be convoluted? I understood it perfectly.

You forgot the words HD and 2.8. Fact of the matter is, the title is too much of a mouthful to say. That's nothing about the games quality, it's just an objectively convoluted title because it doesn't follow the conventions of short titles. Short titles are short because they're easily memorable and get straight to the point.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This series was past short, simple titles and other conventions a very long time ago.
Besides, if 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is too much, most people will just abbreviate it. 2.8. Or Final Chapter Prologue. You're making it out to be a much bigger problem than it actually is.

Muke

whatever
Awards
This series was past short, simple titles and other conventions a very long time ago.
Besides, if 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is too much, most people will just abbreviate it. 2.8. Or Final Chapter Prologue. You're making it out to be a much bigger problem than it actually is.

Thank you. Agreed.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think it's still fair and okay for people to dislike the title.

Woopsie, sent on accident.
I mean, the reason can be anything.
I remember back when Days released, I hated talking about what game I'm currently playing. I never knew how to say that piece of shit name. Sure, it's a "small" problem, but I think it can be one.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Eeh, it`s confusing as some of the other KH games names, but as time has went on I have gotten used to them. I usually call it just 2.8, and like others said I like too that it continues to the ReMix naming patterns, and it clearly indicates that this is the final stop before III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back